Neverwinter - Out Today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Today is the official release date of the XBO version of the D&D MMO Neverwinter.

It has been available for pre-download since at least last Thursday...

XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 3/31/2015. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 15:01 UTC (10:01 AM PST) ON THE RELEASE DATE.

According to the official XBOX page for the game, Neverwinter will be released at 10:01 AM (Pacific Time), which is a little less than one hour from now!

I'm looking forward to the game, probably because I am not expecting a lot out of it. I'm in the mood for a console fantasy MMO, and this will do just fine.

Anyone else thinking about playing?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Indeed, mine is preloaded and ready to go. I enjoyed the Smite beta, so it will be interesting to see how this one turned out.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Preloaded a few days ago and waiting to get home so I can boot it up. IAMWEAP0NX is my gt if anyone wants to play. None of my Xbox friends like MMO's so I'm always looking for teamates

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Cool, I'll download ASAP when I get home from work.

tshot70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tshot70
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

How is it compared to the PC version. Not a PC gamer so I would not know. Is it gimped at all?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I'm afraid to play it, I hear MMOs are addictive and people that play them seem to do so at the expense of playing other kinds of games. I've never played one either, even though it got a 6/10 by someone who likes MMOs and RPGs, from the looks of the GameSpot review it looks like its MMORPG on training wheels, which scares me more as a gateway drug to these type of games.

Anyhow, it's on my system already. God help me.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alucard_Prime

@lamprey263 said:

I'm afraid to play it, I hear MMOs are addictive and people that play them seem to do so at the expense of playing other kinds of games. I've never played one either, even though it got a 6/10 by someone who likes MMOs and RPGs, from the looks of the GameSpot review it looks like its MMORPG on training wheels, which scares me more as a gateway drug to these type of games.

Anyhow, it's on my system already. God help me.

haha yeah I know what you mean, I remember years back I wanted to try World of Warcraft on PC and eventually did not for this very reason, lots of people were severely addicted to it and in hindsight I'm glad I avoided it because I got to play many other games instead of being addicted to just one.

I don't know yet if Neverwinter has that potential, played it for about an hour yesterday and it was pretty cool, there were other players roaming around and the online appeared to be seamless. I felt a bit lost with the controls at first though, but so far so good I like the game and hopefully I won't get too addicted to it lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Tried it for a little while yesterday. Not visually impressive at least early on and that's okay, didn't expect greatness there anyway but not sure how much time I'll put into the game. I plan on playing some more later today so we'll see, I know typically this type of game is slow starting so hoping as I level up and get further into the game I start liking it a bunch more than what I feel for it now.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

Just curious did anyone get the free companion by linking their Xbox account? Is it with the effort? Thanks

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

So, to those who have played it? What is this game like? I know pretty much nothing about this game so would love to hear thoughts on it and what its about to get a sense of whether its worth trying. Free to play games tend to not be my cup of tea but I did enjoy what I have played of World of Tanks (it did not feel too restricted in terms of wanting me to pump cash into it and the gameplay was solid/enjoyable so if I did decide to put money in on getting a tank, it would feel like I was rewarding the work rather than paying because I wanted to skip ahead).

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

As far as MMOs being addictive, I know of relationships and even a marriage that ended over it, but I'm very sure that was a symptom and not a cause.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alucard_Prime

@Garfield360UK: I've played about 2 hours haven't seen the need to pay a dime yet, so I cannot comment on that yet. I'm starting to like the game more and more, it's just a bit overwhelming at first. Yesterday I was in the town, walking around it was fantastic seeing lots of other online players just roaming around the town, it felt alive. Best description I can give now is imagine the town in Fable 2, lots of npc characters everywhere except in this game a lot of them are other players. What I like so far is that the technical aspect of the game seems pretty well done, with so many people in the same area, I was surprised how well it was running. The combat is fun and I just recommend you try it and see for yourself......it's a new kind of experience for me on consoles.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Tried it for a little while yesterday. Not visually impressive at least early on and that's okay, didn't expect greatness there anyway but not sure how much time I'll put into the game. I plan on playing some more later today so we'll see, I know typically this type of game is slow starting so hoping as I level up and get further into the game I start liking it a bunch more than what I feel for it now.

Update, played the heck out of this game over the weekend, loving it so much, a game of this type hasn't grabbed me like this since the first PSO on the DC. Haven't seen any need to spend real money and don't imagine I'll ever do that, absolutely awesome considering it's free. Can't wait to play some more tonight, level 24 atm. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I should play some more, haven't gotten the chance to since the first day. I'm probably only like level 6 or something? lol. I have no intention of spending any money on the game, but I figured it would be a pretty cool free console MMO.

Maybe we should make a Gamespot clan or something, for the people here that play?

CrashNeoSigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrashNeoSigma
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

I downloaded it but my controller was acting weird with being able to scroll through the game menus like it froze then responded ... could be just my batteries dying

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Started playing this weekend. A buddy of mine and I plan to put a good amount of time into this game, feel free to add us, Fuhrer D, and TheVizion.