"Multiplayer Not Allowed" WTF is this??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iHave2Fart
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

I have XBL gold, my settings aren't preventing me from really doing anything... so what the hell is the problem? I don't understand. I was playing Halo MCC online just fine the other night.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It would seem the MCC is the problem, but could you describe what's happening a little better? Where exactly are you getting this error message?

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iHave2Fart

@BattleSpectre: I go to multiplayer, click Find Game, then I instantly get an error box that says "MULTIPLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED. The Multiplayer feature is blocked due to your Xbox Live settings. Please make sure you have the correct Xbox Live account and your family settings are turned off."

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Then your family ratings are set so no one under age can access a "X" rated game. You have to change the family settings of your console.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

It would seem the MCC is the problem.

Yeah, the glitches in bugs in the game haven't all been ironed out.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Then your family ratings are set so no one under age can access a "X" rated game. You have to change the family settings of your console.

Yeah sounds like that could be the culprit. If that does not solve it, the only other thing I can think of(no offense TC), is that he might have been suspended from XBL temporarily for some kind of behavior on XBL that was against the ToS. So if you are unable to solve your issue with the suggestions in this thread TC, you should just contact customer support see if they could give you info about that. I'm not accusing you of anything TC, but I've seen posts like this in the past and it is sometimes temporary bans by XBL for some kind of behavior that goes against the ToS...I'm just thinking of what possible scenario could cause that to happen.....either way, Good luck!

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iHave2Fart

@Alucard_Prime: No offense taken, although I really don't think I've done anything to deserve a suspension. Even if I was suspended for something, why wouldn't they just tell me THAT instead of telling me that I need to fix my Xbox Live settings. That just doesn't quite make sense...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

343 says thanks.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@Motokid6:

What exactly happens when you try to play the game? Do you get any error messages?

vader119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vader119
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

I had this problem trying to play matchmaking with someone on splitscreen. The solution for me was to go to settings, privacy and security, and change it from custom to adult.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@vader119: This thread is over 8 months old. Please don't bump old threads as it's against the rules, thank you.