Microsoft reversing their restrictions!!!

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts
It's not %100 confirmed but I think Microsoft are actually listeing to the community!! if this is true, thats amazing!!!! http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15306-Rumour--Microsoft-to-Reverse-Xbox-One-DRM-Policies.html what you guys think??
encore33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 encore33
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

OMG!!!, Just went over it. Pre-order xbox one confimed!!

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

It is official now!!!! Very happy about this news!

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
The damage is done, at least MS recognized their total clusterfuk and fixed their policy's. now if they can fix their price to match the ps4 and they are back in the game.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
CONFIRMED: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update :D
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
Good. They had plenty of time to change the silly restrictions and looks like they're doing it. They did say they were trying to finalize their policies so hopefully they'll stick with these new ones.
antiAntag0nist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 antiAntag0nist
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

Great! Now people can shut the f*** up about Microsoft's now defunct DRM policies. However, people are hard to satisfy, and the extra $100 and mandatory Kinect ensures the Xbox One will still be in bad favor. I am happy about this news though, I was already getting an XB1, but this news makes my purchase more worthwhile.

captainzornan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 captainzornan
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts
Too little too late. They didnt care at all about the outcry a month ago but now that they see its costing them hard cash in terms of preorder numbers they wanna get in our good graces. Microsoft just told us a week ago that if we dont want 24hr check ins the 360 is for us. So forget them and their smug arrogance. They basically told us tough poo a week ago and are now saying oops. Maybe they should be asking us to forgive them and apologizing and not putting out some garbage "thanking us" You needed E3 and millions of rants to tell you DRM and online checks were a bad idea. THe 300 people that bought bionic commando 3years ago would tell you how terrible drm is let alone what happened with simcity just this year!
djdarkforces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djdarkforces
Member since 2009 • 812 Posts

what if they change there mind a year down the road  :cry:

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Thank you Microsoft for listening to us! This always-online thing was going to be awful.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XboxGuy1537

Too little too late. They didnt care at all about the outcry a month ago but now that they see its costing them hard cash in terms of preorder numbers they wanna get in our good graces. Microsoft just told us a week ago that if we dont want 24hr check ins the 360 is for us. So forget them and their smug arrogance. They basically told us tough poo a week ago and are now saying oops. Maybe they should be asking us to forgive them and apologizing and not putting out some garbage "thanking us" You needed E3 and millions of rants to tell you DRM and online checks were a bad idea. THe 300 people that bought bionic commando 3years ago would tell you how terrible drm is let alone what happened with simcity just this year!captainzornan

How is it too late? The consoles don't come out for another 4-5 months. This was a smart business move by Microsoft. They listened to the consumer and are willing to change their policies. There is no reason to be complaining about this. This is good.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gagit811

[QUOTE="captainzornan"]Too little too late. They didnt care at all about the outcry a month ago but now that they see its costing them hard cash in terms of preorder numbers they wanna get in our good graces. Microsoft just told us a week ago that if we dont want 24hr check ins the 360 is for us. So forget them and their smug arrogance. They basically told us tough poo a week ago and are now saying oops. Maybe they should be asking us to forgive them and apologizing and not putting out some garbage "thanking us" You needed E3 and millions of rants to tell you DRM and online checks were a bad idea. THe 300 people that bought bionic commando 3years ago would tell you how terrible drm is let alone what happened with simcity just this year!XboxGuy1537

How is it too late? The consoles don't come out for another 4-5 months. This was a smart business move by Microsoft. They listened to the consumer and are willing to change their policies. There is no reason to be complaining about this. This is good.

now if they fix the $500 price I will buy one.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

djdarkforces
gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gagit811
[QUOTE="djdarkforces"]

Rattlesnake_8

I don't think they would do that, Ms is in the business to make money. With ps4 $100 cheaper and their drm policy's causing a big uproar Sony already won before the race even started. MS looked and is probably Firing the people that came up with the drm ideas " at least one guy was fired over the Internet deal with it quote", the ps4 is already outpacing the x1 in preorders. Ms is on major damage controll and has some work to do, going back to what killed them pr wise they are not going to do.
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XboxGuy1537

[QUOTE="XboxGuy1537"]

[QUOTE="captainzornan"]Too little too late. They didnt care at all about the outcry a month ago but now that they see its costing them hard cash in terms of preorder numbers they wanna get in our good graces. Microsoft just told us a week ago that if we dont want 24hr check ins the 360 is for us. So forget them and their smug arrogance. They basically told us tough poo a week ago and are now saying oops. Maybe they should be asking us to forgive them and apologizing and not putting out some garbage "thanking us" You needed E3 and millions of rants to tell you DRM and online checks were a bad idea. THe 300 people that bought bionic commando 3years ago would tell you how terrible drm is let alone what happened with simcity just this year!gagit811

They are not going to change the price. If you can't afford it, then the PS4 is probably a better choice for you considering it's $399

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

They already showed their true face, so I'm still not buying it.

Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

You guys killed the xbox.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

You guys killed the xbox.

Desynkronic

Thank you!

This is the only way to look at this

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

SON OF A `@& Microsoft you were supposed to shoot yourself right out of the gaming industry....UHG!!! Still not buying it though. Remove Kinect 2.0 and we can talk.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gagit811

[QUOTE="gagit811"][QUOTE="XboxGuy1537"]

XboxGuy1537

They are not going to change the price. If you can't afford it, then the PS4 is probably a better choice for you considering it's $399

It's not I can't afford it. For me it's the Value of the x1, I like some games they showed but will never used the tv or kinect features. I have the first kinect and pseye and they are both Collecting dust. I feel I'll be forced to pay more for features that hold no extra value to me. I'll probably buy one Eventually, but I'm only going to by one next gen console this year. That extra $100 between the x1 and ps4 equals another game or so, so to me it's is the x1 worth $100 more then the ps4. I've been gaming more on Xbox then playstation since the Xbox launched in 2001 to the 360, I'd hate to jump ship now. My ps4 is a glorified bluray player for the most part I'm a Xbox guy.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts

djdarkforces
There'll be some riots
captainzornan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 captainzornan
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts
I wasnt complaining that they ditched the requirements, it is a good thing. Im saying how they handled it since a month ago with the reveal and people hating it and them telling us to like it or lump it and now they are trying to kiss our butts cause they see alot of thier customers going to ps4. They made up fake stats with people 'liking' what they were doing,told us to just keep our 360s if we dont want the xbox1 restrictions. They handled it rather poorly and now everythings all good? Idk maybe if they admit their a bunch of big stupid jerks it'll be ok, thats reasonable right?
sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sruane23
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I was looking forward to being able to play one game and quickly loading another when friends are online. Also was looking forward to never switching game discs. Companies don't make revolutionary products by listening to the consumer, because consumers don't want what they haven't imagined. Shame on Microsoft for listening to all of these idiot complaints.

Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

I was looking forward to being able to play one game and quickly loading another when friends are online. Also was looking forward to never switching game discs. Companies don't make revolutionary products by listening to the consumer, because consumers don't want what they haven't imagined. Shame on Microsoft for listening to all of these idiot complaints.

sruane23

I agree 100% all we have is your generic console here just like ps4 :/

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gagit811

[QUOTE="sruane23"]

Desynkronic

essentially still possible, just buy your games digitqlly. I can see this feature still being inabled.
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts

SON OF A `@& Microsoft you were supposed to shoot yourself right out of the gaming industry....UHG!!! Still not buying it though. Remove Kinect 2.0 and we can talk.

Master_Of_Fools
Never have I seen a more fitting username on Gamespot. Thank you, so much, for filling us in with your prolific viewpoint.
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Yes!

Had a feeling this would happen, but not this soon though.

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dominer

[QUOTE="sruane23"]

Desynkronic

A gaming console geared towards games? Blasphemy.

How lazy do you have to be to care about switching discs? You two sound like M$ lackeys who own Kinects.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Desynkronic"]

[QUOTE="sruane23"]

dominer

How lazy do you have to be to care about switching discs? You two sound like M$ lackeys who own Kinects.

The fact that you can't see the scope of what happened here and how it changed the industry in a negative way makes me pity you.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Lol It's kinda nice that they listened to what people wanted, and stoped all of their stupid nonsense about the used games
dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dominer

[QUOTE="dominer"]

[QUOTE="Desynkronic"]

Jaysonguy

The fact that you can't see the scope of what happened here and how it changed the industry in a negative way makes me pity you.

Since you pity me, please enlighten me on the negative changes.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="dominer"]

dominer

Microsoft's policies were going to revolutionize digital content and rights.

The whole "well digital content is different" argument would have been thrown out because as this grew people would have the same control over their digital content as their physical content.

Know how you buy a digital game but it's stuck forever? With Microsoft's system you could resell it. That in turn brings value to digital only games. There's not a feeling that when you buy a digital game it's an anchor on your account.

Sharing games with up to ten people, instead of someone buying 4 games for themselves and their kids you bought one title and shared it.

We're back to the old backwards system when it comes to retail and digital.

Consumer rights were going to be expanded, now it's back to the old close minded ways that inherently punish consumers

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Two steps in the right direction - now sell me a version without Kinect for $400 and we've got a deal. 

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gagit811

[QUOTE="dominer"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

The whole "well digital content is different" argument would have been thrown out because as this grew people would have the same control over their digital content as their physical content.

Know how you buy a digital game but it's stuck forever? With Microsoft's system you could resell it. That in turn brings value to digital only games. There's not a feeling that when you buy a digital game it's an anchor on your account.

Sharing games with up to ten people, instead of someone buying 4 games for themselves and their kids you bought one title and shared it.

Consumer rights were going to be expanded, now it's back to the old close minded ways that inherently punish consumers

MS pulled the classic Netflix, they tried to change too fast too soon. They Obviously want to go full digital and was setting us up for it, they know right now they couldn't get away without physical disc as retailers wouldn't support them. The walmarts, targets and GameStop would push the Xbox one to the back shelves and put other systems which have physical media they could sell to the Forefront. We get physically disc but still have to fully install them to play them. They will sell all games digitally day one, they could ease us into all digital download by having downloads being cheaper then retail. But can't because they have deals with retailers that limit what they can sell games for, if the game is new in stores they have to sell it for the same price as full retail. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place. To me requiring Internet and limitations on used games weren't too bad, the 24h Internet check or your games wouldn't work was horrible. Even steam has a offline mode once you sign in one time. Reneging on their policy's isn't a bad thing, it shows they listened to their Customer. If what they were doing was so revolutionary and better for the future why didn't they stick to there guns and show us why we needed their policy's. at the helm of it all it was a form of control, a way to maximize dollars but there is no money to be made if no one wants your system.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts
i think the xbox one is going to catch up to the ps4 in time. but for now its gonna take some time to repair the damage. ps4 is still better hardware at a cheaper price.
nolzwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nolzwin
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Internet explodes X1 HAS DRM !!!! MICROSOFT ARE A@@ HOLES. They reverse and remove DRM internet explodes WHAT WUSSES!

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dominer

[QUOTE="dominer"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

I can understand some people liking that. But me, and I'm pretty sure many other gamers, don't care about digital games on their consoles from M$ especially. I've never had a digital game and probably never will outside XBLA games of course.

I don't get sharing your point. You saying you would rather be able to share games with a limited amount of people online and be restricted beyond that than buying a disc an doing whatever with whoever?  

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

The damage is done, at least MS recognized their total clusterfuk and fixed their policy's. now if they can fix their price to match the ps4 and they are back in the game. gagit811

This. Microsoft showed how much of a nazi they can really be and have left a bad view in a lot of peoples eyes for it. I hope Nintendo beats them with the Wii U.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

sruane23
If you buy digitally you can still do that. Switch all you want.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

Great! Now people can shut the f*** up about Microsoft's now defunct DRM policies. However, people are hard to satisfy, and the extra $100 and mandatory Kinect ensures the Xbox One will still be in bad favor. I am happy about this news though, I was already getting an XB1, but this news makes my purchase more worthwhile.

antiAntag0nist
I have seen the posts already. "Still has Kinect, it's weaker, and it's more expensive." People are idiots nowadays.
gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gagit811
[QUOTE="antiAntag0nist"]

ShaineTheNerd
I have seen the posts already. "Still has Kinect, it's weaker, and it's more expensive." People are idiots nowadays.

Unfortunately it is still more expensive, $100 is a difference maker. Mandatory kinect is a valid concern, we already have the watchdogs recording our phone records now they can see in our homes. Not saying they will but people will be concerned, plus its a feature which maynot hold any added value to some people. I have a kinect and pseye that are collecting dust, kinect is something I know I won't use. It's also a eyesore to your setup at least for my adult opinion. If the system is less powerful is to be debated and not really of too much concern to me. The outcry for the most part were real issues and concerns, not just a bunch of bellyaching for the sake of bellyaching.
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#44 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
for me, i'm 100& solid on PS4 now, but will decide whether or not to get X1, if i do, it will prob be a while, i for one will not forgive MS for what they did and if they can just take it all off, what if they put it all back on?. Not that they would of course, but i no longer trust MS, but thats just me
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

[QUOTE="djdarkforces"]

Rattlesnake_8

This is a lame excuse, and you should feel bad about it! 

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

for me, i'm 100& solid on PS4 now, but will decide whether or not to get X1, if i do, it will prob be a while, i for one will not forgive MS for what they did and if they can just take it all off, what if they put it all back on?. Not that they would of course, but i no longer trust MS, but thats just meMickeyminime

Yeah but what happens if Sony puts in DRM. Let me guess Sony are the Saints of gaming they would never do that. Please grow up. 

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Pretty disappointed by this. I always figured MS would change the 24 hour check-in, but to eliminate all of their industry changing policies sucks. They were forging ahead would have shown people what they wanted when they thought they hated it. They were Nintendo innovating without a damn and now they have become Bioware and given in to media pressure.

SergioP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SergioP
Member since 2002 • 1338 Posts

[QUOTE="captainzornan"]Too little too late. They didnt care at all about the outcry a month ago but now that they see its costing them hard cash in terms of preorder numbers they wanna get in our good graces. Microsoft just told us a week ago that if we dont want 24hr check ins the 360 is for us. So forget them and their smug arrogance. They basically told us tough poo a week ago and are now saying oops. Maybe they should be asking us to forgive them and apologizing and not putting out some garbage "thanking us" You needed E3 and millions of rants to tell you DRM and online checks were a bad idea. THe 300 people that bought bionic commando 3years ago would tell you how terrible drm is let alone what happened with simcity just this year!XboxGuy1537

While Xbox One's policies wouldn't have affected me as an end user, the arrogant DRM policy was enough to have me decide not to get the Xbox One. Now that they've pulled a 180, I may pick up one after all. I'm a big fan of Halo and I like the direction the franchise is going. It's nice to know that I might actually get to play the next game. What Microsoft didn't get is that there are also people like me. I buy games and just add them to my library. A vast majority of my games were bought brand new however, should I ever want to either sell the game or give one away, the thought of that type of restriction makes me feel like I did back when I had a timeshare. That was not a good feeling. From a business perspective, Microsoft should have seen this one coming from a mile away. Sony is going to start charging for online play just like XBL yet no one would give it another thought given that they were able to capitalize on Microsoft's DRM fiasco. Shame on you Microsoft for not taking advantage of the changes coming to Sony's next console. You took an opportunity and changed it to a black eye.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts
People are "idiots" for making legitimate observations? That doesn't exactly sound like the logic of Mensa material.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I guarantee you that it will come back down the road. I am not falling for it...sorry...not happening. Plus, the fact that Microsoft buckled under pressure shows that they can easily bring it back. *sigh* But what doesit matter? Most of you are going to charge the GameStop for the XboxOne likes the zombies from World War Z.