Microsoft Announces content as a gift to celebrate the first birthday of the Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

Saturday 22 November will mark the first birthday of the Xbox One: on this date a year ago the console arrived in present on 13 markets around the world. To celebrate this event, Microsoft announced a series of initiatives.

First, players who bought the console in one of the launch markets 13 prior to October 1, 2014 and who gave consent to receiving marketing communications from Xbox, will receive a customized email that lists the major milestones achieved to date them to the console. Microsoft it also illustrates some of the achievements by the community in this first year:

- Players have earned 11 billion points total Gamerscore on Xbox One

- Fans have spent over 2 billion hours playing on Xbox One

- The four goals more unlocked on the console are:

- Forza Motorsport 5 : Welcome to Forza Motorsport - Titanfall : DIY - Destiny : Baptism of the sea - Call of Duty: Ghosts : the beginning of everything

And now we come to the most interesting things. Starting from Friday, all players who bought an Xbox One in one of the 13 countries between November 22, 2013 launch and November 11, 2014, of 17 years or more and who have at least 10 hours of active use of the console (obviously with the console connected online, otherwise Microsoft could not register the hours of use), you will receive an email that will allow you to download:

- A player image "Year One"

- New wallpapers for Xbox One: a special "Year One" in addition to an exclusive background "Day One" reserved only for those who had unlocked the objective "Day One", present only in Day One console Edition.

- A background image "Year One" to use on Twitter, on your PC, etc. - Free rental of the film "Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn", for a limited time

Also, you made a draw among all players who can receive, if selected, one at random from among the following awards:

- A month's subscription to the service and Access

- The credit card GTA V Tiger Shark, worth $ 200,000 in-game for GTA Online

- An Xbox Live Gold membership 12 months from

- The Killer Instinct Season Combo Breakers Pack 1 , the retail version of the first season of Killer Instinct that contains all eight characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid and Spinal, in addition to the DLC's brilliance.

- A Nissan 370Z limited edition Casio livery for Horizon Force 2

- Fast access to aircraft for Battlefield 4 which allows you to instantly unlock all helicopters and jet are in the main game directory

- French Rapier content of Assassin's Creed Unity , to improve the skill of Arno

- Platinum 75 credits in Warframe

- The Costume Pack Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for Peggle 2

- The Epic Quest table for Pinball FX2

- Dance Central Spotlight

- Project Spark Premium-15 days: achieves twice the Spark and credits XP XP sample, plus the ability to purchase new in-game content normally unlocked only via token

I therefore await the arrival of these gifts hoping to be extracted, wishing a happy birthday to Xbox One!

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Happy 1st year for Xbox one. Microsoft has managed to turn things around quite quickly after botching the Launch of the console. These are some nice throw ins to mark the first year.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I've had an Xbone since launch.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yay those of us who bought the Xbox One Day One Edition of the console do get rewarded! Even though it's nothing too special it's the thought that counts right? Haha.

Edit: I just checked and I haven't received any emails, I bet I didn't allow Microsoft to give me any marketing communications. DOH! Has anyone received the email yet? I'm from Australia btw if that counts for anything.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Yay those of us who bought the Xbox One Day One Edition of the console do get rewarded! Even though it's nothing too special it's the thought that counts right? Haha.

Edit: I just checked and I haven't received any emails, I bet I didn't allow Microsoft to give me any marketing communications. DOH! Has anyone received the email yet? I'm from Australia btw if that counts for anything.

I got the email a few hours ago. It lists numerous stats specific to your Gamertag, such as what tier % you are in based on your Gamerscore, how many hours you have spent on Xbox Live, etc. The email states that my "gifts" will be sent to me tomorrow. Pretty cool!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy
@Alucard_Prime said:

@BattleSpectre said:

I got the email a few hours ago. It lists numerous stats specific to your Gamertag, such as what tier % you are in based on your Gamerscore, how many hours you have spent on Xbox Live, etc. The email states that my "gifts" will be sent to me tomorrow. Pretty cool!

I got no Email and I have marketing turned on.

My stats in my gamertag are very impressive including a 125,000 gamerscore and logged in many hours on Xbone.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Well the weird thing is I have not been receiving any emails from Xbox, even though I do in fact have the boxes ticked. I contacted Microsoft through chat and boy, it was like talking to a robot at times. He ran me through a few steps to make sure my email address is linked correctly, and after that told me he'll fix it on his side so I can receive emails.

I doubt it's been fixed which pisses me off, because I've probably missed out on this promotional stuff by now (bought the Xbox One Day One Edition). Anyways why I'm not receiving emails from Xbox? I have no idea.

80s_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 80s_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 1640 Posts

I found my Year One gamer pic and Day One background, but as I understand there is supposed to also be a Year One background for use with the system and also a Year One background image to use with one's desktop, Twitter and all that jazz. Anyone know how I can get these?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I got dance central spotlight or something I guess.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

i received:

1. Year One Background(for xbox one)

2. Year One Background for facebook/twitter

3. Year One gamer pic

4. Halo Until Dawn (Free for limited time

5. Dragon Ball Z video sampler of episodes

6. Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods video

Dont plan on using any of it though.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy

@BigBadBully said:

i received:

1. Year One Background(for xbox one)

2. Year One Background for facebook/twitter

3. Year One gamer pic

4. Halo Until Dawn (Free for limited time

5. Dragon Ball Z video sampler of episodes

6. Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods video

Dont plan on using any of it though.

I got the same crap, but instead of facebook whatever, I got some digital poster. It was pretty lame...I was reading people were getting free games. Eh.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I got a couple messages. One with the day one stuff, one with a free Limbo game, and a code with a bunch of add-ons for Sunset Overdrive. Except the first one, these were messages on Xbox Live and not sent to my email.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I've had an Xbone since launch.

I have had mine since brunch. Not had it on Lunch day but well be for Tea.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@busterfriendly said:

I got a couple messages. One with the day one stuff, one with a free Limbo game, and a code with a bunch of add-ons for Sunset Overdrive. Except the first one, these were messages on Xbox Live and not sent to my email.

Pretty much the same, I just got my Limbo code messaged to me, downloaded the game....already finished it on 360 but it's a good game I don't mind going through it again and getting more achivements at the same time.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I only bought my Xbox One a couple of months ago so the only thing I got was Killer Instinct which is also available for free on Xbox Live, it's not even an interesting game. It's very tacky to send me a code of a game that's already available on Xbox Live LOL! I deleted the email wasn't interested.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I got free Limbo. I Didn't realize people were getting different stuff.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy

@DaBrainz said:

I got free Limbo. I Didn't realize people were getting different stuff.

Although I own Limbo on PC, I also own it on 360 and PS3...I certainly would have liked to own Limbo on Xbone rather than a tacky digital poster (which is what I got).