Metro Redux Bundle now available for Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Happy to report this as I suprisingly found it in the store about 20 min ago(around 12:30 EDT, so it looks like sometimes games release around midnight in the EDT as well), 50$ for both games, not too shabby if you're a fan of the series.

I played through LL once(rather quickly I must add, had a big backlog at the time) but I'm looking forward to playing both back to back now. Great fps with a dark tone and a bit of horror sprinkled throughout. Never played the first title so hopefully it won't look bad compared to LL.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i have both games on xbox 360 i dont buy the upgade next gen bundle

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm really looking forward to Both games I only played a few levels of Last Light so this is a Day 1 for me.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@CTR360:

Good stuff at least you got to experience those games, they stand out in the sea of fps out there. For me I still have lots to do in LL and I never played the first game(2033) , so I was looking forward to this bundle.....played a bit last night and was not disappointed, they did a good job with the graphical upgrade, and it's cool playing on the XOne controller ...apparently they improved the AI as well, though I haven't played enough to notice a difference, don't expect too much there either as it's more a game about atmosphere.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Never ever buying the money grabbing stewards. Got both for PC and these should just be a patch to improve performance for PC any how. Performance of these games are stupid and redux is meant to improve the performance. what a total joke. I have never liked Deep silver and this has put me off even more.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@Alucard_Prime said:

50$ for both games, not too shabby if you're a fan of the series.

"if you're a fan of the series"

My post is about fans and companies taking advantage of us fans, so I hope this makes sense. You brought up fans of Metro and pricing you felt wasn't too shabby for fans.

I think the pricing is terrible if you are fan of both games. I assume a fan would own them of course. Non-fans? Good deal I think. I don't think this pricing is good for FANS at all. I think the pricing is good for newcomers to the series. Remastered ports I already own in their original form should be cheaper, as in the $20 range. I bought the DMC collection, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Ratchet and Clank collection, God of War collection, and other collections last gen when they went on sale for $20.

I think it's an okay price IF you never played the games before, but you mentioned if you are a fan of both games. I'm fan and I find rebuying games I won not worth it unless I get them dirt cheap. It means I have to wait, but I'm okay with that.

It's the exact reason why I didn't buy Wind Waker HD for my Wii U, I didn't buy The Last of Us Remastered for my PS4, and it's why I won't buy MasterChief Collection for my Xbone. I will buy all three of those games when they are $20 or less, but I know I'll be waiting a while. Perhaps this Black Friday. Gotta love Physical Retail deals.

In the meantime I can always play them in their original state until they go on sale. I guess my point was $50 is a lot to ask if you already own them, imo. I understand in your opinion $50 is just fine, but how many times can we rebuy these collections before we realize we are paying too much for older games?

I bought Metro 2033 (Metro 1) for $50 back in the day and I got Metro: Last Light (Metro 2) for $60. That's $110 + Tax. How much more do I want to spend, AS A FAN, on these games? I think $20 added to my previous $110 is fine, but I'm not about to add another $50. Again, that's my take as a fan.

As far as non-fans, people that never played one or more of these games? Oh, I think $50 great. I think MCC Collection, Metro Redux, The Last of Us Remastered, Wind Waker HD...those are better deals for gamers new to the series. I'm just answering as a fan. I hope I posted this in a way you understand. I understood and agreed with your post until you said fan of the series and as a Metro fan I didn't agree with the price.

In any event, I'm looking forward to Metro 3 and I hope it's a true new gen title not held back by PS360 graphics.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sukraj

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

My post is about fans and companies taking advantage of us fans, so I hope this makes sense. You brought up fans of Metro and pricing you felt wasn't too shabby for fans.

I think the pricing is terrible if you are fan of both games. I assume a fan would own them of course. Non-fans? Good deal I think. I don't think this pricing is good for FANS at all. I think the pricing is good for newcomers to the series. Remastered ports I already own in their original form should be cheaper, as in the $20 range. I bought the DMC collection, Metal Gear Solid Collection, Ratchet and Clank collection, God of War collection, and other collections last gen when they went on sale for $20.

I think it's an okay price IF you never played the games before, but you mentioned if you are a fan of both games. I'm fan and I find rebuying games I won not worth it unless I get them dirt cheap. It means I have to wait, but I'm okay with that.

It's the exact reason why I didn't buy Wind Waker HD for my Wii U, I didn't buy The Last of Us Remastered for my PS4, and it's why I won't buy MasterChief Collection for my Xbone. I will buy all three of those games when they are $20 or less, but I know I'll be waiting a while. Perhaps this Black Friday. Gotta love Physical Retail deals.

In the meantime I can always play them in their original state until they go on sale. I guess my point was $50 is a lot to ask if you already own them, imo. I understand in your opinion $50 is just fine, but how many times can we rebuy these collections before we realize we are paying too much for older games?

I bought Metro 2033 (Metro 1) for $50 back in the day and I got Metro: Last Light (Metro 2) for $60. That's $110 + Tax. How much more do I want to spend, AS A FAN, on these games? I think $20 added to my previous $110 is fine, but I'm not about to add another $50. Again, that's my take as a fan.

As far as non-fans, people that never played one or more of these games? Oh, I think $50 great. I think MCC Collection, Metro Redux, The Last of Us Remastered, Wind Waker HD...those are better deals for gamers new to the series. I'm just answering as a fan. I hope I posted this in a way you understand. I understood and agreed with your post until you said fan of the series and as a Metro fan I didn't agree with the price.

In any event, I'm looking forward to Metro 3 and I hope it's a true new gen title not held back by PS360 graphics.

2033 and Last Light on the 360 looked washed out the colours we're bland.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

I feel you.

If you feel $50 is worth buying now. Go for it my main man. :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sukraj

@SolidTy said:

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

I feel you.

I'm all for remastered versions as long as they are done properly bruv.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

I feel you.

If that's your personal policy, I think you'll be pleased with this package. :) (I've read good things)

I'm with you on remasters being done proper, I'm just all about getting that lower price point for remasters.

It's all about what you can live with of course. Happy gaming man! :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sukraj

@SolidTy said:

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

I feel you.

If that's your personal policy, I think you'll be pleased with this package. :) (I've read good things)

I'm with you on remasters being done proper, I'm just all about getting that lower price point for remasters.

Yeah I agree I did like the remastered version of Tomb Raider that was pretty good bro so really pumped up for both Metro games I never had the chance to play Metro 2033 and I hardly played metro last light on the 360.

Have u played both of those games?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

@sukraj said:

@SolidTy said:

I feel you.

Yeah I agree I did like the remastered version of Tomb Raider that was pretty good bro so really pumped up for both Metro games I never had the chance to play Metro 2033 and I hardly played metro last light on the 360.

Have u played both of those games?

Yes, I own both. The first game was slightly better, but both are good, but not great to me, but good. I think you'll have fun bro.

You are getting a better deal than I because you never got to play Metro 2033 (Metro 1) and you hardly played Metro Last Light (Metro 2). I played and beat both before there was ever a mention of remastered versions or I might have waited for that version. Same reason I never rebought Tomb Raider again since I beat it before.

That was my whole point in my 1st post btw, if someone owns the games as a fan of these two games, $50 is a lot. If someone never played one or both of the games, $50 is a decent deal.

I was referencing his point about fans finding this deal good. IMO of course, a fan would have bought the games and beat them. A fan probably spent over $100 on Metro 1/2. I spent $110+. So asking another $50 on top to replay games I beat recently is a lot. I would find new people to the series like yourself enjoy this $50 deal more because they never played the games much or ever.

My post was trying to describe fans of the Metro series, not new potential fans that are about to play the Metro games, but older fans that beat these Metro ames and what they would think of the $50 price point.

If I never played these Metro games I think $50 would be reasonable, but I did play them. You are in a good situation, I think. :)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i pre-ordered both games on ps4 have them this friday for 40 EURO two awesome single player underrated games i see the launch traier and impress me enough

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sukraj

@CTR360 said:

i pre-ordered both games on ps4 have them this friday for 40 EURO two awesome single player underrated games i see the launch traier and impress me enough

Yep I'm about 2 hours into Metro 2033 and I must say the graphics look so much better than the 360 version and the texture detail on the characters look amazing.