Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Mortal Kombat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChromeGrill212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 ChromeGrill212
Member since 2006 • 1644 Posts

I am more excited about Mortal Kombat and i might get that instead of Marvel vs Capcom 3. I will possibly get both games if i have the money, but Mortal Kombat seems better to me so ill first focus on getting that. Im sure both games will be good anyways. What do u guys think

XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

Mortal Kombat FTW! Plus I'm excited to see Mortal Kombat on the next gens.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I loved MvsC2 on dreamcast. I havent played a MK I have liked since the snes or genesis.
mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts
MK
giantqtipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 giantqtipz
Member since 2010 • 884 Posts

i dont know how good you are with fighting games but i personally would buy mortal kombat.

though i do love both series. however for me, street fighter and mvc to me are too fast paced and the combos are pretty difficult to pull off. timing is very important if you want to pull off the right moves.

i mean when i play games with multiplayer capabilities, i try to get really good and i could never seem to do that with street fighter and mvc2.

but mortal kombat, its easier for me haha so thats why i sort of recommend that game. i have mortal kombat vs dc and that game is easy to learn but it is hard to get good at since everyone can learn the good combos easily (the timing and delay for pulling off moves are forgiving), so it all comes down to anticipation and strategy an sometimes deception.

based on the gameplay videos of mvc3, i can tell i wont be able to pick it up and get good at the time quickly..

but anyway if youre good with mvc2 and like faster paced games then mvc3 might be the better choice.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
MvC3, never really liked Mortal Kombat, and I was a big fan on MvC2.
Doctalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Doctalen
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts
I suck at fighting games an don't know how to use fatalities in Mk so MvC 3
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#8 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

I´m also not that good at fighting games,but I´ll get MK first.I will practice a lot before going online. :P

YoungFlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 YoungFlitz
Member since 2011 • 854 Posts

Right now it si Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for me.

Hyaenidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hyaenidae
Member since 2011 • 71 Posts
Mortal Kombat is going more serious this time around No friendships (SADFACE!) MvC3 is also more cartoony (deadpool will beat his enemy with his own health meter) I'm sure both will have many unlockables
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I will def be getting MK before MvC3. Super Street Fighter IV controls were WAY too hard and overly complicated, and since it's the same developer I'm expecting it to be more of the same. MK will be way better.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

im getting both they both look amazing

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Both for me...MvC3 looks so fun
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

MVC3 by a long shot MK hasn't been good since trilogy but then again its really up to your preference. Review wise though MvC3 is going to demolish MK.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gen007

I will def be getting MK before MvC3. Super Street Fighter IV controls were WAY too hard and overly complicated, and since it's the same developer I'm expecting it to be more of the same. MK will be way better.

Patrickbrown56

well i dont see how SF4's controls are hard/complicated but you'll be happy to know that MvC3 actually uses a simplified control scheme. Its 4 button fighting this time around which seems to be becoming the standard for fighting games lately.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
MORTAL KOMBAAAT!! ive have never really liked street fighter/capcom vs games. theres just something more satisfying when you beat the opponent to death and fishing them in a gory fatality.
Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

I'll be getting both. I wish there was more time between the releases so I could give both games the time they deserve though.

MJ_kratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MJ_kratos
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts
My opinion is MK
Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I'm waiting on both. I'm a big gush for Marvel, but I've already got SFIV and SSFIV, and they're fun, but they're also ridiculously difficult to pull anything off and I don't know if I want a 3rd SF on my shelf. MK looks fun, but I don't think I'm willing to pay full price for it on release.

ChromeGrill212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 ChromeGrill212
Member since 2006 • 1644 Posts

hmm it looks like for some people MvC3 is harder to play than MK, and for other people MK is harder to play than MvC3.. thats very interesting

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

[QUOTE="Patrickbrown56"]

Gen007

well i dont see how SF4's controls are hard/complicated but you'll be happy to know that MvC3 actually uses a simplified control scheme. Its 4 button fighting this time around which seems to be becoming the standard for fighting games lately.

I can't pull off any of the combos in SSF4. From having to go back then forward, up down, hit the button 3 times, make a Z with the control stick... It's just all very difficult. I've tried over and over again to progress through the trials of numerous characters, but I normally can't get past trial 4 or 5. The elaborateness of the combo system has just really turned me off from the game, and it's one that will be leaving my collection very soon. I've given it a bunch of chances, but am just no good at it. So, I assumed MvC3 would be more of the same. But the simplified controls you're speaking of may make me rent MvC3 and then purchase it if I like the controls enough.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I'm excited for both but more for MK.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="Patrickbrown56"]

Patrickbrown56

I can't pull off any of the combos in SSF4. From having to go back then forward, up down, hit the button 3 times, make a Z with the control stick... It's just all very difficult. I've tried over and over again to progress through the trials of numerous characters, but I normally can't get past trial 4 or 5. The elaborateness of the combo system has just really turned me off from the game, and it's one that will be leaving my collection very soon. I've given it a bunch of chances, but am just no good at it. So, I assumed MvC3 would be more of the same. But the simplified controls you're speaking of may make me rent MvC3 and then purchase it if I like the controls enough.

well i can see our frustration. SF4 can be quite an intricate game once you get into the finer aspects of it. That's what so great about it though imo because it takes skill and thats what gives a fighting game longevity. Many people dont take the time to learn the game but capcom dosent make it easy i guess. Things like chaining, linking, ex canceling, and buffering are never really explained in the game or in the booklet and these techniques are quite essential to being good at SF4 and mastering the trials. I would suggest at least looking into understanding these things before selling the game. A great place to look is on youtube. Search for versper arcade and watch the vids on his channel you just might find new interest in the game.

I can ensure you though that MvC3 is going to be more causal friendly. They have basically made that anybody can come in and do well but of course like all good games pros are gonna stand above the rookies.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I guess I'm getting both, but if I had to choose my vote would go to MK, it has a greater nostalgia factor. Plus it looks a lot like MK II :D

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 for sure.
Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="Patrickbrown56"]

Patrickbrown56

Marvel vs Capcom 3 incorporates an optional simple control scheme similar to the one from Blazblue where three of the attack buttons are re-mapped to normal attacks, special attacts and supers. With simple mode activated, just by mashing the normal attack button the game will automatically decide which normal attack to use and you can string a combo together. With one button press you can also pull off the complicated special and super moves you referred to. This should let people get into the game and get to grips with it without getting utterly destroyed online. Details here:

http://www.ripten.com/2011/01/08/ripten-owns-capcom-at-mvc-3-thanks-to-new-simple-mode/

Personally I will be picking up both games, they both look really great. Also looking forward to the Mortal Kombat HD Kollection and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
MK!!!!!!!! but i am gonna get both and both look great!
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Mortal Kombat. I would however love to see a Marvel vs. DC game.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

MVC 3 is gonna be epic, same with MK but i am getting MVC3.

eyebrowless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 eyebrowless
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
MVC3 is having a simplified control scheme. And will have an option for even simpler and the game plays like Super Smash Bros. Since i really love all the characters and the gameplay looks like a ton of fun, I'll be getting MVC3 However, MK looks to be the best MK title in a long time, so it might be too tempting to pass up
JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Mortal Kombat, I've never understood why it's been Capcom characters. There are 0 that interest me. I'd be much more interested in a DC Vs. Marvel game.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

They both look great. The thing is i get bored of fighting games very quickly so both of them are probably gonna be rentals to me.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#34 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
If I get one of them it'll be Marvel Vs Capcom 3 since I have friends who will get it.
Ikouze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ikouze
Member since 2009 • 2027 Posts

Marvel VS Capcom 3! But I admit Mortal Kombat looks hella amazing.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#36 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I don't like MvC all that much at all. I love MK, though. The new one looks amazing and I can't wait to play it. I'll wait for a price drop though.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Patrickbrown56

What, Have you ever played a MvC game? Instead of links MvC uses chains, and the controls are even more simplified than 2 with 3 attack buttons 1 for launching. Also, there's nothing complicated about SF4's controls, you just need the patience to get used to links.

TC:

I'm not getting either of them, personally I think 3 looks less interesting than 2 and the MK series is just a poor series in general.

hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

I've always liked MK better. looking forward to the new one.

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

Marvel vs capcom 3