Just bought an Xboxone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

So I bought an Xboxone and I have zero games for it, played the Forza horizon demo and wow is it awesome! seems like it will be a solid racing game...I also love the dashboard look aswell.

Now what is a good game to get to kill some time? I have Diablo 3, battlefield 4, ac4 on the ps4 already...

Can't wait for the master chief collection!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think the first question is, do you have Live? Or are you going to get Live in the near future? If the answer is yes, then you may want to consider getting a game where you can take advantage of that online play while you have it. I think the One came with like 1 free month of the service, right?

You are also entitled to two free downloadable Games with Gold games if you have Live. I highly suggest taking advantage of that, since Super Time Force is still available, and is a pretty great little game.

I've been enjoying Dead Rising 3 quite a bit since I got it the other week, I'd have to say it's a lot better than the first one. It has co-op but I haven't messed with that so far. It's a good single-player game, though.

I also have Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare. It has its moments, but the entire game is online-only, which can be a bummer if your Live expires. Admittedly, haven't been playing it much the last couple of weeks, but I'm gonna try to keep it around just in case. I'm not sure how much attention it will get from me once Master Chief Collection comes out, though! EA keeps supporting the game with free DLC and new game modes every couple of months, and the game itself is cheaper than most other One games, so it's a nice value.

I was also enjoying Halo: Spartan Assault quite a bit, but I haven't played it in a few months. It's only $10 and is an updated port of a Windows Mobile game, but it was actually kind of a blast to play because it honestly felt like top-down Halo, and it was nice to try to get high scores with the skulls activated. I don't know how long it'll hold your attention for, but if you have a few extra bucks then it's worth checking out. I'd recommend looking for Twitch broadcasts of the game or something if you are curious about it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Good luck.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danlevm

I picked up wolfenstein... The reviews are not to bad.

I have live.. looking forward to some of the exclusives that will be dropping next year....

Seems like the Xone is in the same position as the ps3 was early in last gen....

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@danlevm said:

I picked up wolfenstein... The reviews are not to bad.

I have live.. looking forward to some of the exclusives that will be dropping next year....

Seems like the Xone is in the same position as the ps3 was early in last gen....

Welcome to the Xbone family... you'll like it here.

Wolfenstein is a great game! Also recommend Forza Motorsport 5 if you like racing games.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@danlevm said:

So I bought an Xboxone and I have zero games for it, played the Forza horizon demo and wow is it awesome! seems like it will be a solid racing game...I also love the dashboard look aswell.

Now what is a good game to get to kill some time? I have Diablo 3, battlefield 4, ac4 on the ps4 already...

Can't wait for the master chief collection!

Hope you enjoy your new console.I don't know your likes/dislikes in games but you might like Dead Rising 3 for starters.What I also can tell you is if I could do it over again,I would not have picked up Call of Duty:Ghosts.Not that great of a game in my opinion,rehashed bs.Good luck to you!!! :)

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

wait for sunset overdrive, everything else you should get on the PS4.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Welcome to the board, I hope you like it here.

In terms of games I recommend looking at, I would say Forza Motorsport 5 is pretty awesome (Turn 10 who made the game have patched in some new tracks and cars for free since release and also rebalanced the economy in the game making it less of a grind to get new cars). Destiny is worth a look also if you have friends who play on that system. Outside of that I would say just have a look through the Xbox store and see what you like the look of, maybe check out the demos and have a look at the Gamespot reviews.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away, and I hope you enjoy your new console.

stream41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stream41
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

i like it

nice guys

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Congrats bruv wolfenstein is my fav shooter so far and there are some games coming out in October and November to look forward to.

The Evil Within

Assassin Creed Unity

Far Cry 4

MCC

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I have also just purchased a Xbox one, I already have a PS4 and Wii U. I am waiting for the Master Chief Collection this November. I bought Thief and Killer Instinct which finally arrived in Disc format. I will mainly have Xbox one for Halo 5, and eventually Gears of War. I am thing of trying out Sunset Overdrive. Which looks interesting. Far cry 4 could be better on the Xbox brand, as is the best for on-line Mulitplayer. Even though I like Sony's and Nintendo's console. Neither of them can hold a candle to MS when it comes to on-line gaming. So their is always something that you will find to play on Xbox brand.

So welcome to Xbox one.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danlevm

@Megavideogamer: I am waiting for Halo 5, Halo cc, Gears, Forza Horizon 2, Fable, quantum break and maybe crackdown 3...some good stuff.

I have a ps4 waiting for uncharted4

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@danlevm:

I got my xbone with destiny. There are some free games killer instinct and warframe in the marketplace. There's a couple of games you can get if you have Xbox live with games with gold.

Then there is ea access. Around 5$ a month and I got bf4, need for speed rivals, madden 14, fifa 14, peggle 2. Then 6 hour trials of Madden 15, Fifa 15 and nhl 15. So you can grow your games collection quickly and cheaply.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@danlevm:

I am in the same situation with you regarding the ps4 and xbone. Uncharted 4 is the only upcoming ps4 exclusive that interests me at all. I can't wait for halo 5, quantum break and a new gears of war.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

@danlevm:

I am in the same situation with you regarding the ps4 and xbone. Uncharted 4 is the only upcoming ps4 exclusive that interests me at all. I can't wait for halo 5, quantum break and a new gears of war.

Halo 5 should be real sweet but before that I'm getting MCC I only played the first 2 halo games and playing them in 1080p and 60fps should be sweet.

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

Awesome :-)