If you're in the UK, don't buy from GAME

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ianpwilliams
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

I just bought some Xbox Live Marketplace points (digitial download) at GAME online, and they sent me an email with no Xbox Live Marketplace points activation code in it. When I contacted them about it, they claimed that it was a fault with Microsoft providing the codes, and to try again later. Whether this is true or not, GAME are still selling Xbox Live Marketplace points on their website, knowing full well that the customer will not get an activation code. So my advice would be to avoid GAME entirely.

ShermheadRyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ShermheadRyder
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I just bought some Xbox Live Marketplace points (digitial download) at GAME online, and they sent me an email with no Xbox Live Marketplace points activation code in it. When I contacted them about it, they claimed that it was a fault with Microsoft providing the codes, and to try again later. Whether this is true or not, GAME are still selling Xbox Live Marketplace points on their website, knowing full well that the customer will not get an activation code. So my advice would be to avoid GAME entirely.

ianpwilliams
Erm, okay.. Not too sure on the point of this thread? Sounds like a rant that should be kept on a blog.
ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ianpwilliams
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

Not really, just warning people that they could end up paying money and not getting anything.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I haven't used GAME in ages.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

ianpwilliams
So why don't you just call Microsoft like they told you too?If this actually happened you should be chasing it up and getting your points, not whinging on a game forum.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Thanks for the info man!

After Amazons change in policy regarding sending products to Spain, I was buying all my codes from Game.

Good to know! :)

Green_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Green_Chaos
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts

Dang..I won a code for Crysis 2 from Games and I'm not even from the UK. Would this affect the contest community on Games?