I want Half-Life Two the orange box

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11932 Posts
Will there be any problem with me not having the first Half-Life.  I have never played it.  It seems that the orange box offers so much that I have to try it.  So what do you think?  Do I need the first Half-Life to truly enjoy the orange box?
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
i want it too.
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
me too
mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mikeneb430
Member since 2007 • 1036 Posts

Will there be any problem with me not having the first Half-Life. I have never played it. It seems that the orange box offers so much that I have to try it. So what do you think? Do I need the first Half-Life to truly enjoy the orange box?gatsbythepig

i was in the same situationa s you then i just bought Half Life 1 Anthology for like 10 bucks on amazon maybe cheaper. BRAND NEW. I recommend it. It does have dated graphics but you can still enjoy it. It also comes with Team Fortress Classic and both Half Life 1 expansions. A GREAT DEAL. Heres a link I HIGHLY recommend it. you must buy it new though. Steam is a pain the the a with cd keys and such.

Half Life 1 Anthology 

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Orange Box = HL2 + Ep 1/2 + Team Fortress 2 + Portal. This is quite possibly the best deal ever.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Will there be any problem with me not having the first Half-Life.  I have never played it.  It seems that the orange box offers so much that I have to try it.  So what do you think?  Do I need the first Half-Life to truly enjoy the orange box?gatsbythepig

I would definitely reccomend playing HL1 - this is definitely a story driven FPS franchise.  It would still be fun without being familiar with HL1 - but it will be allot better if you have played it.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11932 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]Will there be any problem with me not having the first Half-Life.  I have never played it.  It seems that the orange box offers so much that I have to try it.  So what do you think?  Do I need the first Half-Life to truly enjoy the orange box?DataDream

I would definitely reccomend playing HL1 - this is definitely a story driven FPS franchise.  It would still be fun without being familiar with HL1 - but it will be allot better if you have played it.

Is it only out on PC?
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
Ya, Id play hl 1 if I was you.  Im sure you could play it easily as its a really old game.  You can probably get it on steam really cheap too.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Orange Box = HL2 + Ep 1/2 + Team Fortress 2 + Portal. This is quite possibly the best deal ever.Staryoshi87

Yup.

Anyway, @TC: You don't HAVE to play HL1, but it's a good game if you can find it laying around somewhere.. But you pretty much get clued into what's going on in thegame anyway. 

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]Will there be any problem with me not having the first Half-Life.  I have never played it.  It seems that the orange box offers so much that I have to try it.  So what do you think?  Do I need the first Half-Life to truly enjoy the orange box?gatsbythepig

Is it only out on PC?

Unfortunately there are only 2 platforms that got HL1 - The PC (of course) and the PS2.

jhotmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jhotmann
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts
ya the story is very important in the half life universe, but i played hl2 on pc before i played hl1, then went back and played hl1...it cleared up a lot of stuff but i would recommend playing hl1 first to get all the story for hl2
thegreat_one3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 thegreat_one3
Member since 2004 • 623 Posts
totally agree...
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I didn't really enjoy the first Half Life but then when i played Half Life 2 and Half Life 2 episode one i really enjoyed the graphics and the gameplay!