I recently smashed my 360...

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ghost89x
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

o.k. it was a dumb move but i smashed it after getting mad at Rainbow six:vegas, i need some info on the "new 360"...when,what,how much?please

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
April 29th I believe.  $480 retail price.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
I suggest you take that money and invest in some anger management classes or perhaps you should take up Yoga. In fact, if you do want to continue gaming, i don't think a 360 is the system for you, you need some Mario, Warioware, and Cooking Mama in your life, get a Wii. Stay away from violent games.
ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghost89x
April 29th I believe.  $480 retail price.crck
thanks
ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghost89x
I suggest you take that money and invest in some anger management classes or perhaps you should take up Yoga. In fact, if you do want to continue gaming, i don't think a 360 is the system for you, you need some Mario, Warioware, and Cooking Mama in your life, get a Wii. Stay away from violent games.Zerostatic0
ha, ha, i have been told that before. my friend has a wii i like it. but with so many sweet games coming out for the 360 i gotta get another one, thanks for the advice though
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.
Avatar image for mastergamerandy
mastergamerandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 mastergamerandy
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
Lol I have broken my fair share of items, but not a console lol.  Ive broken a mouse , couple keyboards, almost broke my 360 controller.  Normally I think right before i do something how much its gonna cost so i punch my desk haah. 
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.whoisryanmack
HDMI...?
polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts

man, I've smashed controllers (I stopped that thankfully) but never a console... get one of those punching dummies or play with a friend who doesn't mind you punching him.

better yet throw your controller into a couch... that's usually safe.

ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghost89x
yeah i get mad easily, and actually i had that rage boiling up inside me for so long, it was a joy to smash my 360. i won't smash the black one
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.BeErBOnG29
HDMI...?

So what? Component relays my 720p just fine, and I have more than enough inputs left on my tv.
ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghost89x
1.smashing your controller... 40$ 2.getting mad and breaking your game... 60$ 3. getting super pissed and smashing your 360...priceless
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

yeah i get mad easily, and actually i had that rage boiling up inside me for so long, it was a joy to smash my 360. i won't smash the black oneghost89x

Must be nice just to waste $400.00 on a whim eh? You dont deserve to be a gamer. Go on Dr. Phil and take of your rage. Seriously though Why would you smash it over a game? This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard and I feel dumber just looking at this thread let alone posting in it.

Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
[QUOTE="ghost89x"]1.smashing your controller... 40$ 2.getting mad and breaking your game... 60$ 3. getting super pissed and smashing your 360...priceless

Did you ever own an NES? That's one thing I've noticed about games today is that they are way easier. NES games were a lot harder and I used to get way more frustrated. I remember with my NES, I used to put a pillow underneath wherever I was sitting so I could slam the control down on it without breaking it. I haven't had to do that for quite some time with these easy @ss games nowadays.

BTW, nobody on this entire board can beat Silver Surfer for the NES. That is the hardest f*cking game I have ever played. I had a vendetta to beat it, and I still could not. Nor have I ever met anyone who has beaten the game. I've only met other people who couldn't believe how hard it was. I swear, not even the developers of the game can beat it. If Rainbow Six make you break your 360, Silver Surfer will make you light your house on fire.
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BeErBOnG29
[QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.whoisryanmack
HDMI...?

So what? Component relays my 720p just fine, and I have more than enough inputs left on my tv.

That's wonderful, but component doesn't relay 1080p for those of us that have 1080p TV's. You left out a major component of the new Elite.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.BeErBOnG29
HDMI...?

That's wonderful, but component doesn't relay 1080p for those of us that have 1080p TV's. You left out a major component of the new Elite.

VGA. Even if your tv didn't have a VGA input, it would arguably cost less to convert it to hdmi than to get the elite anway. buy it, love it, i hope you do. my advice was for this guy only, and he's smashing consoles, so why spend more? If this were me, I'd buy a core and stick my old hdd in it.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
Before you get the new one, you should really learn to....not...do that....
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BeErBOnG29
[QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.whoisryanmack
HDMI...?

VGA. Even if your tv didn't have a VGA input, it would arguably cost less to convert it to hdmi than to get the elite anway. buy it, love it, i hope you do. my advice was for this guy only, and he's smashing consoles, so why spend more? If this were me, I'd buy a core and stick my old hdd in it.

VGA = analog. HDMI = digital. VGA isn't near the quality HDMI is. Regardless though, I'm not going to be buying it even though I do own a 1080p TV. I'm perfectly fine with 1080i via component, I was just letting you know you were leaving out a major part of the Elite. Probably the biggest part since the HDD will also be sold seperately.
jp023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jp023
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.BeErBOnG29
HDMI...?

Still not worth the extra money!
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
:lol: My friend earlier this week couldn't connect online with RB6 Vegas so he threw it across the room and shattered it...some people :|
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whoisryanmack
[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.BeErBOnG29
HDMI...?

VGA = analog. HDMI = digital. VGA isn't near the quality HDMI is. Regardless though, I'm not going to be buying it even though I do own a 1080p TV. I'm perfectly fine with 1080i via component, I was just letting you know you were leaving out a major part of the Elite. Probably the biggest part since the HDD will also be sold seperately.

You're overestimating the digital advantage. At these resolutions, its unimportant. Some might agree with you, some might say otherwise. The biggest advantage to digital is that it has the CAPABILITY to do more, so in the long run, it's good that we're switching to a digital standard. The problem there is that the format of 360 games is not going to improve in quality, so that difference isn't doing much for us this gen. Next time around, things might be different. People with 1080p's who only have hdmi inputs will like it, and thats becoming more and more common. For them, it means alot.
Mizuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mizuke
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts
Some people are so violent...
landubious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 landubious
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts
How about you give me the $400 and I will introduce you to aversion therapy...
Serge-Chrono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serge-Chrono
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
If your that pissed, crush an old controller.
WiiJonesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WiiJonesy
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
ok well when the 'elite' comes out the cost for the premium will drop and so will the harddrives that you buy seperatley :D
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
donate it to a foundation your cleary a spoilt angry little brat who needs to experience real life. Thanks and have a good day
ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghost89x
na, i pay for everything myself, including mycar and insurance,etc.
packernation31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 packernation31
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts

I suggest you take that money and invest in some anger management classes or perhaps you should take up Yoga. In fact, if you do want to continue gaming, i don't think a 360 is the system for you, you need some Mario, Warioware, and Cooking Mama in your life, get a Wii. Stay away from violent games.Zerostatic0

lmao and no do not get a wii bcuz when u get mad again u will most likely throw the controller at the tv, which means you will also have to buy a new tv. I suggest spend some of the money on anger managment and spend the rest on a lower-costing console so when u get pissed off it wont cost much to replace....like a nintendo64?

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I suggest you take Anger Management. I'm serious. :shock:
zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts

i smashed it after getting mad at Rainbow six:vegas

ghost89x

Your name wouldn't happen to be "FPS Doug" would it? 

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

o.k. it was a dumb move but i smashed it after getting mad at Rainbow six:vegas, i need some info on the "new 360"...when,what,how much?please

ghost89x
Hahaha most excellent man, I commend you.
Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
dude ur the kinda peiople that give us real gamers bad names. gives hilary clinton and the barbie doll gang leavrage she can use on us,
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

ghost89x
I sometimes want to do that when i bail on THP8!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Avatar image for masterchief2371
masterchief2371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 masterchief2371
Member since 2004 • 1415 Posts

ghost89x
You are joking right, smash a $399usd console built by Microsoft.
baritonehart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 baritonehart
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
They sell Nerf 360 controllers...perhaps you should consider.
ish_gibbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#36 ish_gibbor
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts
I don't believe you
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
April 29th I believe.  $480 retail price.crck
There you go.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="whoisryanmack"][QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.BeErBOnG29

HDMI...?

VGA does... you're not wrong, but you're right for the wrong reasons. The bonus of a digital signal is that the pictures are noticably crisper and have better color (accuracy, saturation). I'm not getting an Elite because the HDMI isn't worth the money or hassle to me as of right now... if my 360 fritzes out or if I get super pissed and smash it up (unlikely) then I'll get an Elite then maybe.

Go Bolts, btw... playoff spot clinched, dude, and Carolina's sittin' at home like a fat chick on prom night.

slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
man, why would you let your anger out on a 360, go beat yoru wife, or children, or go to a bar and get in fights with old drunks, or go fight homeless people
icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts

1.smashing your controller... 40$
2.getting mad and breaking your game... 60$
3. getting super pissed and smashing your 360...pricelessghost89x

hahhaha good one

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Generic_Dude
[QUOTE="ghost89x"]1.smashing your controller... 40$
3. getting super pissed and smashing your 360...pricelessZerostatic0
Did you ever own an NES? That's one thing I've noticed about games today is that they are way easier. NES games were a lot harder and I used to get way more frustrated. I remember with my NES, I used to put a pillow underneath wherever I was sitting so I could slam the control down on it without breaking it. I haven't had to do that for quite some time with these easy @ss games nowadays.

BTW, nobody on this entire board can beat Silver Surfer for the NES. That is the hardest f*cking game I have ever played. I had a vendetta to beat it, and I still could not. Nor have I ever met anyone who has beaten the game. I've only met other people who couldn't believe how hard it was. I swear, not even the developers of the game can beat it. If Rainbow Six make you break your 360, Silver Surfer will make you light your house on fire.

You are definitely right about games being much easier than they used to be. Just go look at the reviews for the old NES games on Virtual Console... they knocked points off of Kid Icarus because these game reviewer n00bs whose first system was an N64 can't get to the second stage. Or Super Ghouls N Ghosts is "sadistic" because the reviewer sucks at it. Back in the day, we didn't have checkpoints every few feet like in Gears Of War... we didn't HAVE Gears Of War. We had Commando... one shot, you die. And the enemies are somewhere in the infinite range because they continuously respawn.

The reduction in the level of difficulty could be attributed to games being more realistic... i.e. handling more realistically and placing you in more plausible situations. I don't care what your life is like, it's not as bad as Arthur's from Ghosts N Goblins. So you battled teenage angst and depression, hm? He battled LUCIFER.

slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="ghost89x"]1.smashing your controller... 40$
3. getting super pissed and smashing your 360...pricelessGeneric_Dude

You are definitely right about games being much easier than they used to be. Just go look at the reviews for the old NES games on Virtual Console... they knocked points off of Kid Icarus because these game reviewer n00bs whose first system was an N64 can't get to the second stage. Or Super Ghouls N Ghosts is "sadistic" because the reviewer sucks at it. Back in the day, we didn't have checkpoints every few feet like in Gears Of War... we didn't HAVE Gears Of War. We had Commando... one shot, you die. And the enemies are somewhere in the infinite range because they continuously respawn.

The reduction in the level of difficulty could be attributed to games being more realistic... i.e. handling more realistically and placing you in more plausible situations. I don't care what your life is like, it's not as bad as Arthur's from Ghosts N Goblins. So you battled teenage angst and depression, hm? He battled LUCIFER.

lol
blackdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blackdragn
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts

man, I've smashed controllers (I stopped that thankfully) but never a console... get one of those punching dummies or play with a friend who doesn't mind you punching him.

better yet throw your controller into a couch... that's usually safe.

polsci1503

Unless the controller bounces off the cushin and hits your plasma TV instead.....lol The safest place for a controller for people with anger problems is being superglued to their hand :)

X360MadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 X360MadMan
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts

You smashed your X360? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
[QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"][QUOTE="whoisryanmack"]Unless you really need another 100gig for downloading movies and/or really really like the color black, there's really no reason to spend more for the elite. Especially if you're just going to smash it.jp023
HDMI...?

Still not worth the extra money!

Why Do people keep saying the elite is not worth the extra money. If your like me and your 360 is not perfect and get disc read errors from time to time. Sell it for $300 get the elite and the difference is nothing because the 120 gig will be sold seperately for $179. Use your brains people. I don't like the black though, gloss or platinum would be better.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Generic_Dude
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"][QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="ghost89x"]1.smashing your controller... 40$
3. getting super pissed and smashing your 360...pricelessslayer85

lol

Thank you, thank you... I'm here all night... and all day actually... Jesus, I need a life!

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
My controller won't break 'cos my 360 is in my room and I play on my head so if anything would break would probably be my nose from bouncing back up and hitting me. The only thing on my 360 that is broken is one of the Memory Card slots. Stuck the 'ol finger in there a little too far I reckon, but that part doesn't matter much. Can still fit a memory card in there.
sirkel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 sirkel28
Member since 2004 • 347 Posts

I remember my nephew once pulled the game out of his NES so fast it flew out of his hand and dented the wall about 10 feet  behind him. I don't recall the game though.

To the origional poster, stay away from games that punish you too much for dying by repeating long sequences, that is the most irritating crap. Maybe try playing an RPG like Oblivion where you can save often. 

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
dude you have some problems
longhair72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 longhair72
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
HDMI...?

That makes a difference only if you do not have VGA port on your tv. In fact i will not buy an Elite especially since they are not changing provcessor and i honestly believe 360 will solve the hardware issues in the future so i will just wait for them to improve on the hardware beefore i blow another $480 on a system i already own.