I really Want to get my Fiance into gaming !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

I have a bunch of 360 games and a handful of X1 games I would like to get her into something so she wont nag me while im playing online . the last game she played in her life is Soul Caliber , Where should I start with her like a talltale game or something ?

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

well , My sister hated video games too until she played some of Rayman Legends on xbox 360 and she liked a lot . she's 25 tho but she liked some kinda shiny and colorful cute games . but she still hates Gun Blazing shooters . and Bloody RPGs ....

hope that helped !

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

I thought my wife used to play games like mario when she was young so I figured she would like platformers.... I was wrong, We had a blast playing COD for many hours. I started her playing zombies at one time, then we moved onto bots. She got good enough to play pretty well online. She also likes BF4 but that game was pretty broken. You never really know what they will like or if they will like anything... Sometimes I think its the whole idea of being a nerdy gamer that scares most women away. Im not a huge fan of COD but i buy it for the splitscreen so we can play together, Ive grown tired of that game but playing in house coop is fun.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Have her hold your Xbox controller while you give her the D. It works, I promise.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I got my Girlfriend to play Rayman Legends on Co-op with me, that was good fun.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

They have some arcades games that chicks dig. Like Pac Man...the newer version.

RevLuckyShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RevLuckyShot
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

You just have to figure out what type of game will appeal to her. I got my fiance into games after realising she loves to play god :P. So got her playing sims, fable and any others that are like them. And it worked :). i get to play online, while she plays her games :)

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Try portal 2, or anything w co-op. Chicks tend to like that.

Try to avoid anything w time constraints. They tend not to like that.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Co-op games are the key. Rayman Legends is nice or even the Fable games.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@Venom951 said:

I have a bunch of 360 games and a handful of X1 games I would like to get her into something so she wont nag me while im playing online . the last game she played in her life is Soul Caliber , Where should I start with her like a talltale game or something ?

get her a 2DS and pokemon x/y.... enterainment for hours

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Wanting her to play games so she doesn't nag you about it, sounds like you have bigger issues. If she doesn't want to play video games you shouldn't force it. If you care more about video games than her, I'd say you have an issue.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@darthgumballs: Pshhh, gaming is where it's at, I say get rid of the problem ;)

In all seriousness how does he have an issue? Gaming is a hobby just like anything else out there. If his girlfriend can't understand that, and refuses to let him play and do what he loves doing I'd say she has the issue and problem. I hate over-controlling girlfriends who can't mind their own business. OP is doing nothing wrong, at least he's trying to show her what he loves doing by introducing her to gaming.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Yea you want to get you gf to play games after she's probably already jealous that you spend too much time on it. I went through this with my wife before when I was younger, I just slowed down playing the video game and spent more time with HER, also bought her arcade games like peggle that she actually liked to play while I'm at work, but she loves those facebook games. At first I bought her tablet, ipod and wii nothing works, girls are just different they need ATTENTION, if you can't give it then the next guy will. Your girl shouldn't have to compete with the video game.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@darthgumballs said:

Wanting her to play games so she doesn't nag you about it, sounds like you have bigger issues. If she doesn't want to play video games you shouldn't force it. If you care more about video games than her, I'd say you have an issue.

eh, we don't know the situation. she could be overly attached and anytime he plays video games instantly starts nagging him. It's all about compromise and meeting in the middle. I've been with my girl for 15 years (currently I'm 29) and I game regularly. I also don't ignore her all day either, but we give each other our own space throughout the day. Doesn't mean that I love video games more than her or vice versa.

But on topic OP, you need to sit down with your girl and have a serious conversation about expectations or any underlying issues that need to be sorted out. Having her play games might help but it might not so I wouldn't necessarily say that's the solution.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Co-op games are the key. Rayman Legends is nice or even the Fable games.

yeah the fable games are sweet mate.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I married a woman who was OK with my gaming, because in my experiences, the ones who don't like it never will. I think there is practically nothing you can do to make her like gaming, but you could play up the non gaming aspects of your console like Netflix and workout stuff. In fact, if she's into excessive, get her a workout game... that's the best I think you'll be able to do.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

@BattleSpectre:

Yeah its not a big problem I just want something we can both play . She comes into my room and will play COD for a sec but shes not so good with the sticks . There are no major issues in our relationship I just want her to understand why I game . we have a bunch of other hobbys we do together like hiking and music (guitar) and I want her to come in on another hobby of mine .

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

If you never want to speak to her again, get her to play world of warcraft. Other than that my GF seems to like RPGs like fable and oblivion, and action games like bayonetta... my GF is also terrible with the sticks and cant play shooters. Although for whatever reason she seems to like the bioshock games (I cant stand them).

But honestly, i say get her bayonetta, my GF loved that game, and if yours liked soul calibur she probably will too.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If you're going to introduce anybody to gaming. Online Multiplayer is a big No no.

Singleplayer is not so good either.

What you want to do as game co-operatively with them. This way they associate the feeling of spending time with you, with games and eventually their inner gamer will bloom and you can let them game on their own.

wallacom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By wallacom
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

If you're going to introduce anybody to gaming. Online Multiplayer is a big No no.

Singleplayer is not so good either.

What you want to do as game co-operatively with them. This way they associate the feeling of spending time with you, with games and eventually their inner gamer will bloom and you can let them game on their own.

^This.
And games like Rayman legends, small nice indies are a good start too. Avoid AAA games for now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu

I've also been trying to get my sister into gaming. However my dilema is more about trying to peel her face away from the TV and Internet than it is about finding a game she likes ! :(

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

You don't start off a gamer with Microsoft and the Xbox brand. That only breeds the worst gamers out there. If your new you start with the purest games in gaming. While I am sick of them personally, Mario is where you start.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

^EXACTLTY^ !!!

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Put your controller down and take her out for a romantic candlelit dinner instead.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Venom951: Put a controller in her hand, turn on GTA 5, and let her run wild. Every woman who doesn't game loves GTA. I don't know why, but it's a proven fact. Trust me.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vl4d_l3nin

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Venom951: Put a controller in her hand, turn on GTA 5, and let her run wild. Every woman who doesn't game loves GTA. I don't know why, but it's a proven fact. Trust me.

I know this was probably sarcastic, but my GF spent hours taking girls out on dates and buying clothes for Niko in GTAIV.

I remember "where do I go to buy a car?"

lol

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

You don't start off a gamer with Microsoft and the Xbox brand. That only breeds the worst gamers out there. If your new you start with the purest games in gaming. While I am sick of them personally, Mario is where you start.

She's not a child so Nintendo wouldn't have anything for her.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vl4d_l3nin

@Jaysonguy said:

@Master_Of_Fools said:

She's not a child so Nintendo wouldn't have anything for her.

It is more user-friendly. Not a bad starting point.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
@vl4d_l3nin said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I know this was probably sarcastic, but my GF spent hours taking girls out on dates and buying clothes for Niko in GTAIV.

I remember "where do I go to buy a car?"

lol

I was not being sarcastic at all. Women love GTA, even when they think games are a ridiculous waste of time. Original poster, seriously, try it.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@Jaysonguy: You again JasonGuy, you never seem to leave this site. Age plays no factor In where to start gaming. Nintendo is where you start if you don't want to turn into an unpleasant person like yourself.