i can has console command? =o

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Somaxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Somaxi
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

any body know if console commands work for the xbox 360? like if have a keyboard plugged into my 360?

for people who aren't much into pc games, console command is the ~ button (next to the 1 button) that brings up the developer command prompt where u can enter different codes, like god mode or added ammo or things like that

qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts
[QUOTE="Somaxi"]

any body know if console commands work for the xbox 360? like if have a keyboard plugged into my 360?

for people who aren't much into pc games, console command is the ~ button (next to the 1 button) that brings up the developer command prompt where u can enter different codes, like god mode or added ammo or things like that

Likelihood of that: 1:1937377462488262360
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

No, developer consoles are always disabled in the console versions of these games AFAIK.

Apparently there's still a way to use console *commands* in certain games, though. There were videos of players doing this online in L4D on the 360, spawning tanks/weapons and such.

In short: it probably involves the modification of your player profile config (tied in with the savegame data of your profile on your HDD), and the binding of console commands to the 360 controller buttons. Obviously you can't modify your config files on the 360 itself..but I'll just leave it at that. This is definitely not something you should be toying with in online matches (it'll probably only work if you're hosting the match anyway.)

Somaxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Somaxi
for teh record i was mostly thinking of oblivion and fall out 3 ^.^; so yeah, lacking of online play =/ also that rule for "consoles" kinda fails seeing as how most pc games can interact with console games ...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
also that rule for "consoles" kinda fails seeing as how most pc games can interact with console games ...Somaxi
Most? I can think of only 3...Lost Planet, Shadowrun and Universe at War...And that's only online.
Somaxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Somaxi
also again i was wondering if it would work if i plugged a keyboard into my 360?=/
Somaxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Somaxi
[QUOTE="Somaxi"] also that rule for "consoles" kinda fails seeing as how most pc games can interact with console games ...spazzx625
Most? I can think of only 3...Lost Planet, Shadowrun and Universe at War...And that's only online.

gta-4 and mercenarys 2 u can do co-op with consolers
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="Somaxi"] also that rule for "consoles" kinda fails seeing as how most pc games can interact with console games ...Somaxi

gta-4 and mercenarys 2 u can do co-op with consolers

No you can't..