How much space does a DLC take on average?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by murdered (1399 posts) -

Apologies if this has been answered before but I have an Arcade that I bought a few months ago and I think it's time to get a hard drive so I can download some DLCs. Fallout 3's Broken Steel is mainly what I am interested in right now but I might download a couple more DLCs for other games in the future. However, I'm kind of strapped for cash at the moment and seeing how I can get a 20GB hard drive for less than $30 on eBay, I was wondering whether that's good enough for what I want to use it for. With that said, I would appreciate it if someone can let me know much space a typical DLC takes up so that I have some idea of how much content I can fit on a 20GB drive. Many thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

There really isn't an 'average' DLC size, it just depends on the game. For Broken Steel, I think it was around 650MB. For a 20GB HDD, I guess it just comes down on how much DLC you'll be downloading, since I have the same size, and have just about 8GB left after Fallout 3, Oblivion, Army of Two, both Gears, Fable II, Halo, and Mass Effect DLC.

#3 Posted by murdered (1399 posts) -

That sounds pretty good. You have a decent amount of stuff with plenty of space left over. I think 20GB will be enough for my needs at the moment. Thanks for your help!