How much does Gamestop pay for used 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by metocman1 (551 posts) -

Im thinking about getting the red 360 but I need to get rid of my current one, and was wondering how much gamestop pays. I have the original 20gig premium version.

#2 Posted by LessThanMike (5286 posts) -
probably around 100 bucks or so
#3 Posted by metocman1 (551 posts) -
Thanks for the info I'd probably be better off with ebay.
#4 Posted by rogue48 (439 posts) -
lawl you'd be lucky to get $100
#5 Posted by Roxas12934 (1853 posts) -
i was thinking of doing the same thing and they would give me $75.00 for the console and $10.. for the 20 GB harddrive lol. I paid almost $300.00 when i got my first 360... what a ripoff lol. $85.00 is what they will give you.
#6 Posted by Paladin_King (11832 posts) -
honestly, just use eBay. If you're getting 70 bucks for your this-gen console, it's time reconsider why the hell you're doing what you're doing.
#7 Posted by BiThBhE0 (1643 posts) -
I think it's around $70 last time I checked. I was gonna trade mine in a while back when they were running a special and get a deal on a 360 elsewhere. Well since I wasn't getting one there they considered it defective which you get even less for. You'd be better off going anywhere else besides gamestop.
#8 Posted by OfficialBed (16650 posts) -
They will give you next to nothing.
#9 Posted by tanc006 (11 posts) -
Gamestop pays $80 for the console w/wireless controller (slightly less for wired), plus an additional $18 for the harddrive. So, $98 total. They then turn around and sell is for $170 haha. I'm planning on doing the same, trading in my original for the RE5 bundle.
#10 Posted by Lebowski__basic (1252 posts) -
Right now they are giving you an extra $25 trade in credit for consoles. I checked on trading mine in as well. I want the red 360 really bad.
#11 Posted by Thomasdeleo (1978 posts) -

You'd be better off keeping your old one for a spare.

#12 Posted by tampabobby (1 posts) -
I was offered $65 for my xbox 360 w/ original wireless controller, headset, and 4 games. plus the guy @ the register had a real attitude about the whole thing and they would not take back a controller i bought 2 days ago because i don't have the receipt. i told them no thanks!!!!!!!!
#13 Posted by rgsniper1 (9341 posts) -

I was offered $65 for my xbox 360 w/ original wireless controller, headset, and 4 games. plus the guy @ the register had a real attitude about the whole thing and they would not take back a controller i bought 2 days ago because i don't have the receipt. i told them no thanks!!!!!!!! tampabobby

This topic was last posted in in early 2009. :)

#14 Posted by kpei360 (6 posts) -
dont. trust. gamestop. or ebay amazon is the way to go craiglists just has pediphiles
#15 Posted by F0urTwenty (1842 posts) -
They'll give you a nickle :D.
#16 Posted by XboxGuy1537 (2359 posts) -

Gamestop. Sucks. eBay. Is. The. Way. To. Go. :)

#17 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -

You'd be better off keeping your old one for a spare.

Thomasdeleo