REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I've had the xbone for two days and I'm already at 40%, i have sunset overdrive and master chief collection on disc and i've downloaded black flag, unity, and killer instinct

This thing isn't going to be able to hold onto many games at one time it would seem

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I plugged in a 4TB WD MyBook USB drive. Besides plenty of space, it's faster too.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Get an EXTERNAL HDD, transfer all your stuff to it and use it as main storage, the console gives you that option.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

The disc games fully install as well. I just ordered a nice 7200rpm external drive for extra space. Looking forward to having everything imstalled at once and some faster load times.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Just delete the games you aren't playing, it's simple.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I had a 1TB and 500GB PS3, so I KNEW 500GB for Xbone/PS4 was going to be too small years before the machines even released.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

@SolidTy: well I've had a 2tb hdd on my gaming pc for the last year, so I figured it wouldn't be good enough

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@REforever101 said:

@SolidTy: well I've had a 2tb hdd on my gaming pc for the last year, so I figured it wouldn't be good enough

Oh, I didn't bring my gaming PCs that I LAN at home into it because we are talking about various Gaming PCs I own with 10TB+ of space.

I kept it to console comparisons. These machines are using 25-50GB Blu-rays + DLC...it's going to be a rough ride if one refuses to upgrade their HDD.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

Too bad networked drives don't work for installation.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Fry's has WD 1TB USB 3.0 HDDs for $60, 2TB for $100; I'm eyeing one of those, should give me a lot of breathing room not to worry about the HDD. If you get an external make sure it's USB 3.0 or the Xbox One will only use it for videos, pictures, movie storage only, you need USB 3.0 for game file storage.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Glad that Microsoft allows for the use of external HDD's The Xbox one HDD does fill up fast. But at least you can attach extra HDD for more storage. This is something that Xbox one has as an advantage over PS4. Sony does not support external HDD's but Xbox one does.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

Glad that Microsoft allows for the use of external HDD's The Xbox one HDD does fill up fast. But at least you can attach extra HDD for more storage. This is something that Xbox one has as an advantage over PS4. Sony does not support external HDD's but Xbox one does.

It¨s a give/take situation, X1 allows you to use external HDDs, PS4 alows you to upgrade the internal HDD ( something X1 doesn´t allow ), now the question here is if X1 admits ONLY 1 HDD or if you can have several external HDDs.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

You can have multiple USB hard drives. I had plugged in a passport drive I had laying around, and it worked fine, but it was slower than I wanted. I got a new one and plugged that in. They both came up at the same time and I was able to move games without having to wait for them to download again. You can also plug in a drive with a regular filesystem on it and play media files off it. When you reformat for games, it uses some kind of encrypted filesystems you can't read on a PC.

What I would like to see is if I can copy a game onto the external, take it to a friend's house, and then fire up the game there if I'm logged into an account that's purchased the game. That would let people take their games around with them without having to download them on each system. It does allow you duplicate a game across drives, and I can't think of what you would use that for except taking it to another console.