halo mcc is now frustrating me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By resevilfan1
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

So last update before this most recent one which i downloaded a little while ago, deleted my checkpoint which was really irritating but i thought it wont be too hard to get back to where i was. And now this update after spending many many hours on truth and reconciliation on legendary difficulty and nearing the end of the chapter, did the same thing again. Anyone else also keep experiencing this?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Works perfect for me, perhaps you're trying to play MCC on your PS4 or something, I dunno. :P

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 resevilfan1

Its only happened after every update for me, i beat the game on legendary without too much trouble on xbox but i dont remember truth and reconciliation being as difficult as it is

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@resevilfan1 said:

Its only happened after every update for me, i beat the game on legendary without too much trouble on xbox but i dont remember truth and reconciliation being as difficult as it is

I had issues with Halo:MCC on both singleplayer and multiplayer.I started to make progress on sp campaign and to find out my progress was deleted.No joke to tell you,FOUR TIMES the same thing had happened.I only play multiplayer from time to time.I have giving up on the campaign as did so many already have.Good Luck to You.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#5 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Works perfect for me, perhaps you're trying to play MCC on your PS4 or something, I dunno. :P

I sure your only giving a little joke,but the guy only wants someone's advice.You don't have to be a smart ass.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

So it's frustrating because the game updated twice while you were trying to get through a level and each time it did you had to go back to the start? Yeah, I can see why you're frustrated, but then again you were still working on the same level between two updates I'd say you're kind of partly to blame for taking too long but I understand your frustration nonetheless.

Anyhow, I'm curious, what's the status of things regarding online matchmaking functionality after this latest update? Have things improved?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Works fine for me

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By resevilfan1

@lamprey263: yea i get what your saying but if i just kept playing im sure i would have broken a control in anger or something because i long lost count of how many times i died so i just took it slow doing little bits at a time, but now i know to just keep persisting. Btw i havent tried mp yet because of the problems that were associated with it, from the looks of things its been mostly fixed.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

This is a common problem with a lot of games, especially in the PC space when being updated. Updates can change the core state of the game, corrupt save files, make them incompatible with the newer version of the game etc. What is likely happening is the actual save data is incompatible or corrupted due to the update, so it's defaulting to the beginning of the last level played. This happened to me in Halo 2 between updates when I was playing the Arbiter level on the platform station, after the update took place it started me at the beginning again.

This isn't really a big deal, unless you're taking like weeks to complete a level or something.

resevilfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By resevilfan1

@nyadc: yea I was taking weeks to beat that level. I realised im not too far away from getting back to where I was so its not to bad but still a bit frustrating. Makes sense to be a common problem when updating, thanks for your input