Halo Masterchief Collection arrived today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

First impressions: 15GB patch for multiplayer when I only wanted to play the single player. The first screen I see gives me the choice of downloading the patch or just playing the single player. I am impressed already that they let you start single player straight away. I'm busy anyway so decide to download the patch. Not long after about a third of the way through the patch it let me launch the game anyway. Impressed again.

So, I only played halfway through the first Halo. I got the CE edition on 360 and it looked awful even with the remaster. I decide this time I will play it anyway and go through the games in sequence and I thought well it's 1080p now it might not be so bad.

Well... either my memory is playing games with me or they did a 'proper' remaster for Halo CE for this collection. I was expecting just higher res and frame rate I thought all the work was done on Halo 2. Halo CE does not look next gen but it looks really good they have definitely done a lot of work on it. A few hours in I am loving it already and already feel it was a really worthwhile purchase.

The game itself is excellent it stands up well to modern shooters and I'm a sucker for futuristic shooters and stories set in space. I know I'm only one game in and I'm not sure how it will hold up for people who played all the games before and I realise many people want it just for the multiplayer but as a relative newcomer to Halo this collection really is fantastic. I bought the console just for this collection and I don't regret it at all. One very happy Xbox One gamer here.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Game is such a blast, I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would be. Halo 1 is holding up much better than I thought, it's like you said it does not look next gen but it still looks fantastic(it's awesome switching back and forth with the old graphics....wow). I love the new sounds and music. Ok gotta go back and play now cheeers

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: @blueinheaven: how does halo 2 look? Im deciding if I should get this or cod. I mainly play mp so thats all I'm really concerned about.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

HAlo 2 Anniversay maps look really good, they don't feel that dated to me honestly, it's very easy to get back into it I'm finding(edit I barely played Halo 2 when it first came out though, this is like my first experience with it)

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

First impressions: 15GB patch for multiplayer when I only wanted to play the single player. The first screen I see gives me the choice of downloading the patch or just playing the single player. I am impressed already that they let you start single player straight away. I'm busy anyway so decide to download the patch. Not long after about a third of the way through the patch it let me launch the game anyway. Impressed again.

Oddly enough, once the game downloaded whatever was needed to start play, CE and 4 were the ones available.

In my opinion CE looks pretty good and a nice bump from the 360 version a few years ago. The game is nice and smooth as well.

I'm guessing the insert which allowed you to download that Halo channel is the X1's equal to Waypoint?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I think CE holds up really well... it's pretty good considering it's just a higher res/fps. H2 looks awesome too, but yeah you can tell it's a remaster and not a true next-gen game.

But so far absolutely loving it!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

HMCC its a reason to purhase xbox one next year

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

So, I only played halfway through the first Halo. I got the CE edition on 360 and it looked awful even with the remaster. I decide this time I will play it anyway and go through the games in sequence and I thought well it's 1080p now it might not be so bad.

Well... either my memory is playing games with me or they did a 'proper' remaster for Halo CE for this collection. I was expecting just higher res and frame rate I thought all the work was done on Halo 2. Halo CE does not look next gen but it looks really good they have definitely done a lot of work on it. A few hours in I am loving it already and already feel it was a really worthwhile purchase.

The game itself is excellent it stands up well to modern shooters and I'm a sucker for futuristic shooters and stories set in space. I know I'm only one game in and I'm not sure how it will hold up for people who played all the games before and I realise many people want it just for the multiplayer but as a relative newcomer to Halo this collection really is fantastic. I bought the console just for this collection and I don't regret it at all. One very happy Xbox One gamer here.

I'm glad that you're enjoying Halo I have to wait until the weekend before I can play the game so all in all I think you made the right choice buying an Xbox One.