This topic is locked from further discussion.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Whelp, I'll go ahead and say that I think these books are among the very best I've ever read, and Ghosts of Onyx in particular may very well be my favorite book I've ever read.

When I heard two years ago that Halo 4 was going to be including material from some of the books, I found someone at my university who had the first three books (The Fall of Reach, The Flood, and First Strike) and he let me borrow them for a week (that was all the time I needed to read them I loved them so much) and then I went and bought the next set (Contact Harvest, The Cole Protocol, and Ghosts of Onyx) and read those too.

Other than Onyx, I particularly liked First Strike because it finally detailed how in the ******* **** the Master Chief (and Sgt. Johnson) got back to earth after the original game. Also the space battles in The Fall of Reach were just epic. Contact Harvest was also highly interesting and informative as far as how the war itself started, and Sgt. Johnson was pretty bad ass.

One of the best aspects of these books is that many of them are told from multiple perspectives. My favorite of which are the Covenant perspectives which I highly enjoyed, especially one part in Ghosts of Onyx.

So, anybody else read these? I can't stress enough how much I like these books–and I never read books in my free time. Has anybody read any of the newer books like Glasslands?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I barely have time to play games, and you want me to read books? Shoot bro.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

The Nylund novels are great. The other writers novels are good. The Dietz novel was completely awful.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I am reading Fall of the Reach . it is a great book and yet really different from Halo Reach game :|

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I like books and I love Halo so I will have to check them out. I'm still trying to read everything written by Stephen King so it might be a bit.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

The Halo books were great (however, I've only read the books by Eric Nylund). I wouldn't say that they are the best books I've read, but they definitely are worth reading. "The Ghosts of Onyx" is easily the best Halo book I've read; the last few chapters were incredibly well written. Simply amazing.