Gears of War Final Boss - Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Duck454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Duck454545
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

Played through GOW and got to the final boss but I'm seriously struggling to beat him - nothing I do seems to hurt him. Plus everytime u die u then have to sit through that really annoying cut scene!!! I'm having nightmares about that cutscene - I've seen it that many times in the last few days!! Has anybody got any tips on how to beat him??

cheers

butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
what level of difficulty is it? do u have live? u can skip cutscenes by pressing x
littleman1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 littleman1992
Member since 2004 • 1727 Posts
If you tap X you don't have to see the cutscene.

It's best if your playing Co-Op but you usually want is grenades, the torque bow, and the sniper rifle. Shoot him the the torque bow to get rid of his Kryll shield and then shoot him in the head with the longshot.

And if your lucky you can shoot him with the torque bow to take down the Krll shield and then grenade tag him by running up next to him and pressing B. It's risky but it works.
tanman636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tanman636
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts

Played through GOW and got to the final boss but I'm seriously struggling to beat him - nothing I do seems to hurt him. Plus everytime u die u then have to sit through that really annoying cut scene!!! I'm having nightmares about that cutscene - I've seen it that many times in the last few days!! Has anybody got any tips on how to beat him??

cheers

Duck454545
keep shooting him. dats what i did
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
wait til the kryl aren't around him, then sniper his head with an active reload on it. and if you're on insane, pray that he gets stuck behind one of the blocks, it happens sometimes and it buys you some time.
butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
if its on insane u would be better off doing it co-operativley!
littleman1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 littleman1992
Member since 2004 • 1727 Posts
wait til the kryl aren't around him, then sniper his head with an active reload on it. and if you're on insane, pray that he gets stuck behind one of the blocks, it happens sometimes and it buys you some time.FlawlessSeasons
That's the only way me and my buddy beat it. He got stuck behind one of the blocks on the left.
Duck454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duck454545
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts
Cheers for that I will give it ago tonight!! I feel like a proper retard regarding the x button to skip the cutscenes, I reckon I've wasted a good 3 hours of my life watching that rubbish!!
shobe_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shobe_360
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts
I'd suggest using the sniper and a lancer as a combination!

When he is far away such as in the start, take headshots with the sniper while his shield (kryls) are not with him!  And once he starts coming closer pull out the lancer and blind fire away making sure he stays opposite of the block to you!

Use this video to get an idea:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3sZtZs0ggEk

GOod luck, I've beat him on Hardcore but haven't played him on insane yet!
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
Easy, it worths even better in co-op

Get the Sniper and Torque Bow. Shoot him with the bow or throw a grenade at him until the kyrill go way then snipe him in the head. STAY ON THE LIGHTS. Only run when he is close and the Kytll are still.

It is a piece of cake on co-op if one guy has torque and the other the sniper