download times faster

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SlimD_Cuz_Cuz (109 posts) -

is there a way to make dnld times faster?

#2 Posted by G013M (6424 posts) -
Not really other then making sure that nothing else is using the internet at the same time.
#3 Posted by SlimD_Cuz_Cuz (109 posts) -
doesnt it go so slow though?its like a couple of hours for like a 500 kb demo.i usually just let it download when i sleep.
#4 Posted by MindFreeze (2814 posts) -

doesnt it go so slow though?its like a couple of hours for like a 500 kb demo.i usually just let it download when i sleep.SlimD_Cuz_Cuz

500 KB demo? You sure you don't mean MB?

#5 Posted by Ice_man_1985 (4700 posts) -
lol he meant MB
#6 Posted by maqspeed (72 posts) -
dude mine doesnt go that slow....uhhhh i can for example ,i downloaded sonic the headghog 2 in probobly less then 2 mins
#7 Posted by g5velocity (1017 posts) -
The fastest times for me are between 12-2am, 2.5GB in less than 7 mins to date.
#8 Posted by kerrman (2904 posts) -

Funny you should say that. My xbox is running off of my residence's internet connection.. I started Burnout 3: Takedown before I went out to the mall, one hour later when I got back it was only done 4 percent :(

Odds are it will take a day. So I'm a little pissed I wasted my points on it.

#9 Posted by ukillwegrill (3528 posts) -

Funny you should say that. My xbox is running off of my residence's internet connection.. I started Burnout 3: Takedown before I went out to the mall, one hour later when I got back it was only done 4 percent :(

Odds are it will take a day. So I'm a little pissed I wasted my points on it.

kerrman

Ur connection needs fixon mine takes barely anytime 20 mins max for any of my downloads were do u live?

#10 Posted by MyndFlyte (1103 posts) -

doesnt it go so slow though?its like a couple of hours for like a 500 kb demo.i usually just let it download when i sleep.SlimD_Cuz_Cuz

Assuming you meant 500mb, that is really slow. The biggest demo I got was probably 1.2 gb or so and took about 15-20 min. Really the only thing you can do is make sure a computer isn't using all the bandwith or pay for faster internet.

#11 Posted by teebeenz (4362 posts) -
1. Make sure your console is in DMZ 2. make sure your QoS is set for speed 3. Make sure no-ones using the net as well 4. make sure you're not using wifi 5. Reset your modem 6. Thats as fast as its going to get.
#12 Posted by RGCLogicGamer (1 posts) -
I have the newest xbox and it takes an hour for ever G
#13 Posted by Hughmanoid (53 posts) -
You could set it to download after the console is turned off. Sidenote: The PS3s download times are far worse (at least for me).