Double the GwG Games in April...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I was looking through my old emails earlier today, and at the bottom of an XBox email I came across this little teaser:

For the month of April, there will be two new free XBO downloadables, and four free 360 downloadables with Gold.

Felt like it was worth mentioning. If you are a 360 or One owner who likes to take advantage of the GwG program, but are maybe on the fence about subscribing to LIVE right now, then April could be the month to do it.

Of course we can suspect which games might or might not be contenders for the free games. I'm assuming that all six are games which are currently not in rotation, and hopefully haven't been yet.

Personally... I feel like it isn't too unreasonable to expect two new XBO games in the rotation each month now. Or, at least, two or three older XBO games in rotation, and one new game each month, or something. It seems like most people have moved on to the next gen by now.

But, I am kind of anxious to see what the games are. Hoping it isn't something I own already. Wonder if one of them will be a disc release, yet?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Hmm not bad but for Xbox 360, I think MS could do for 360 GWG for April: Grand Theft Auto 4, [well that game is old as hell] The Darkness, Perfect Dark, [I guess] or any Indie game. For Xbox One: any XBO launch game I guess. Looking forward to next month and please MS, no April fools day pranks.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I read that Goat Simulator is out on the first of April (it was the one year anniversary of launch on PC at that date) so possibly that would be a good fit for the Xbox One Game with Gold for that date. I would not mind this, I have played some on the PC and I feel it would be a nice game to have on there to see all the jokes again (and a lot of screenshots/streams could be done with that game as well).

This is great news on the two games a month though, hopefully we will get an interesting mixture so games that people may not usually play get some time. Another hope would be Titanfall going free so my friends could get it and the map packs and it would make it so I could play it with them (one had it and sold it, the other who I game with does not have it at all) and hopefully would bring a lot more players to the servers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator

@Garfield360UK: I almost forgot about Goat Simulator coming to Xbox One but I never understood about that game. Looks kinda lame if you ask me but is it really that good?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 garfield360uk

@davillain-:

It is nothing amazing in gameplay terms. Its perhaps more fun done in bursts where you play maybe 30 minutes at a time and do random things. The physics feel a bit out, but they are adding to the game. You can use your tongue to drag people along the floor or other items, charge into a petrol station and what it explode, slide down a long slide and get thrown really far into the air, go all over in a jet pack that's uncontrollable. It is not amazing, but its a good demo and worth perhaps £5-10 in my view. There is a lot of hidden aspects to the game for you to find that can change the gameplay and just to mess with the AI humans who don't seem to know how to react to you.

Graphics are good (not amazing, but they do the job and it looks realistic) and the sound matches the gameplay. Basically for a joke game (as in one made quickly for April Fools) it does the job well. If they could add online multiplayer I think this game could have far greater potential as doing random things like riding a bike with other players doing the same to see who could get the furthest could be pretty amazing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Garfield360UK: Sounds interesting. Well in any case, since it's free, I'll download it when available.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 garfield360uk

@davillain-:

I don't know that it will be, just a gut feeling with it being out the day the Games for Gold changes. It could be something else that is going on the Games for Gold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I noticed that Guacamelee, Chariot and IDARB were all added to GwG like the week they came out, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched to say one of the games will be Goat Simulator. On the other hand, most games added to the service are at least a year old, or else 4-6 months old.

I think the pool of games is getting large enough now... I'm not really sure what to expect. Maybe they'll give us Wolfenstein: The New Order since a new one comes out soon? I can't even begin to speculate.

Well, regardless of what they do or don't give us, all Gold owners have Neverwinter to look forward to. I'm excited about that one, thinking that could be a lot of fun on console.