Dolby via optical finally working in March update preview

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

Users of high end headsets finally are finally able to receive Dolby Digital 5.1 via Optical Out. This has been a pressing issue since launch with little to no feedback given since. The provided video shows 5.1 through optical out on Turtle Beach XP500's working in the March update preview.

If you need a Beta invite details are in the video.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

quite few things coming in march that should been there. oo well

updated ui is well welcomed!

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yama

Yeah, I definitely feel this shouldn't have been a wait, especially for an all in one entertainment device. I'm just over being bitter at this point, happy it was amended along with a few other things.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

This is good news .

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Yeah I heard that. My A50s are ready! Now if I could only get that adapter so I can chat too.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yama

@donalbane said:

Yeah I heard that. My A50s are ready! Now if I could only get that adapter so I can chat too.

I pre-ordered mine from the Microsoft Store and it shipped last week. Went for free shipping and it's coming from CA to NY, so it says I'll receive it Tuesday. I'd jump on it if you can. Though it definitely should be readily available, you don't want another PlayStation Camera episode where they're selling for triple the amount.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I thought we were on an NDA if we were doing the Beta

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Thanks for the news.

headhead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By headhead2
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

thanks for information this great news

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10 chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

So glad this is finally out and just in time for Titanfall. Just got my new headset yesterday I could not ask for better timing.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Yama said:

@donalbane said:

I pre-ordered mine from the Microsoft Store and it shipped last week. Went for free shipping and it's coming from CA to NY, so it says I'll receive it Tuesday. I'd jump on it if you can. Though it definitely should be readily available, you don't want another PlayStation Camera episode where they're selling for triple the amount.

You're lucky... it says "Sold Out" on their store. I guess it's not hard to believe they underestimated the demand considering they didn't even put the feature on the Xbox One to begin with. Damn... well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for it to pop up on Amazon Prime.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yama

@donalbane said:

@Yama said:

@donalbane said:

You're lucky... it says "Sold Out" on their store. I guess it's not hard to believe they underestimated the demand considering they didn't even put the feature on the Xbox One to begin with. Damn... well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for it to pop up on Amazon Prime.

They're apparently in stock this week at GameStop, I'd give them a shot. Good luck.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Good to see them addressing the issues that should of been there since launch. March update looks solid and worthwhile (haven't opened my Xbox to get the update yet).