Dolby via optical finally working in March update preview

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Yama (34101 posts) -

Users of high end headsets finally are finally able to receive Dolby Digital 5.1 via Optical Out. This has been a pressing issue since launch with little to no feedback given since. The provided video shows 5.1 through optical out on Turtle Beach XP500's working in the March update preview.

If you need a Beta invite details are in the video.

#2 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

quite few things coming in march that should been there. oo well

updated ui is well welcomed!

#3 Edited by Yama (34101 posts) -

Yeah, I definitely feel this shouldn't have been a wait, especially for an all in one entertainment device. I'm just over being bitter at this point, happy it was amended along with a few other things.

#4 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

This is good news .

#5 Posted by donalbane (16203 posts) -

Yeah I heard that. My A50s are ready! Now if I could only get that adapter so I can chat too.

#6 Edited by Yama (34101 posts) -

Yeah I heard that. My A50s are ready! Now if I could only get that adapter so I can chat too.

I pre-ordered mine from the Microsoft Store and it shipped last week. Went for free shipping and it's coming from CA to NY, so it says I'll receive it Tuesday. I'd jump on it if you can. Though it definitely should be readily available, you don't want another PlayStation Camera episode where they're selling for triple the amount.

#7 Edited by regnaston (231 posts) -

I thought we were on an NDA if we were doing the Beta

#8 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7565 posts) -

Thanks for the news.

#9 Edited by headhead2 (7 posts) -

thanks for information this great news

#10 Posted by chernoalpha527 (124 posts) -

So glad this is finally out and just in time for Titanfall. Just got my new headset yesterday I could not ask for better timing.

#11 Edited by donalbane (16203 posts) -

@Yama said:

@donalbane said:

I pre-ordered mine from the Microsoft Store and it shipped last week. Went for free shipping and it's coming from CA to NY, so it says I'll receive it Tuesday. I'd jump on it if you can. Though it definitely should be readily available, you don't want another PlayStation Camera episode where they're selling for triple the amount.

You're lucky... it says "Sold Out" on their store. I guess it's not hard to believe they underestimated the demand considering they didn't even put the feature on the Xbox One to begin with. Damn... well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for it to pop up on Amazon Prime.

#12 Posted by Yama (34101 posts) -

@Yama said:

@donalbane said:

You're lucky... it says "Sold Out" on their store. I guess it's not hard to believe they underestimated the demand considering they didn't even put the feature on the Xbox One to begin with. Damn... well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for it to pop up on Amazon Prime.

They're apparently in stock this week at GameStop, I'd give them a shot. Good luck.

#13 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

Good to see them addressing the issues that should of been there since launch. March update looks solid and worthwhile (haven't opened my Xbox to get the update yet).