Did people really like Gears of War: Judgement?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Gotta say, I find this game to be a serious downgrade. I LOVED the first three gears games. I played 2 at least 6 or 7 times. But this is just so... arcade-y. Counting points for kills in single player? Making each area a small condensed arena for a specific firefight?

They took away so much of the oppressive atmosphere that made the Gears of War series. I gotta say, major let down.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I agree definitely a downgrade from the previous Gears games. I still won't forget the fun I had for years on end with the single player and the multiplayer of the first one.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

It's definitely the weakest in the series but I didn't mind a little change. The court preceding leading to the flashbacks with the addition of declassified mission was a pretty interesting concept.

It was very plausible though; a war is going on while they're in the court blabbing away when we already know pretty much what's going to happen.

While the concept was cool it lacked the epic factor the first three games brought to the table with their campaigns.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Are we really discussing Gears' Atmosphere ?

Wow ! :o

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bowchicka07
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Beats you talking about RPGs. lol couldn't resist <3

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I liked Judgment. Sure, it wasn't as Epic (no pun intended) as the previous 3 installments, but it offered decent gameplay and enough variety to justify the purchase (except for the season pass that I got suckered into - what a letdown).

I wish they would've added Horde mode back into the game. That was such a nice change from having to just play vs multiplayer in GoW 3. But, I guess they wanted to try something different and for the most part I had fun with it. My biggest gripe was the in-game audio. I was so sick of hearing "This will give us extra eyes!" every time Paduk threw out his GPS thingy. So annoying.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Essian

Does the whole game continue to play out in 15-20 minute, bite sized arena fights? I know I basically described the first three gears of war games, but at least they broke up the fighting with slower paced moments that complemented the action

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Essian

@jasean79 said:

I liked Judgment. Sure, it wasn't as Epic (no pun intended) as the previous 3 installments, but it offered decent gameplay and enough variety to justify the purchase (except for the season pass that I got suckered into - what a letdown).

I wish they would've added Horde mode back into the game. That was such a nice change from having to just play vs multiplayer in GoW 3. But, I guess they wanted to try something different and for the most part I had fun with it. My biggest gripe was the in-game audio. I was so sick of hearing "This will give us extra eyes!" every time Paduk threw out his GPS thingy. So annoying.

That pun was definitely intended, sir!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu

@ bowchicka07

Trust me... I don't like saying that crap anymore than people like hearing it. :(

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jasean79

@Essian said:

@jasean79 said:

That pun was definitely intended, sir!

Indeed it was. lol

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Tell us your thoughts on RPG's Lulu_Lulu

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ speedfreak48t5p

If you insist.... RPGs Suck ! :p

hows that ?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ speedfreak48t5p

If you insist.... RPGs Suck ! :p

hows that ?

6/10

You can do better.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

@ speedfreak48t5p

If only I had better material to work with.... Thats how bad RPGs are.... They screw up everything !

You know I've never rated anything here ? Its why I don't write Reviews.... They won't let me write on without rating it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu

@ speedfreak48t5p

If only I had better material to work with.... Thats how bad RPGs are.... They screw up everything !

You know I've never rated anything here ? Its why I don't write Reviews.... They won't let me write one without rating it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

gears judgement its great game but for me gears 3>> gears 1>>gears 2 >>gears judgement

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Yeah, Epic definitely rushed it. Campaign was just okay, but the worst part was the multiplayer. I don't mind DLC if the game has plenty of meat to begin with, but judgment really didn't have much maps and game types. Also overrun got boring pretty quickly. It was fun at first, but then you realize it's just a bunch of spamming of each classes' special "ability" (engineer sentry, grenadier grenade). It had a little strategy, but not enough to keep overrun interesting to want to play for over a couple months.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@ Yoshi9000

It was Epic Game's Subsidiary, People Can Fly... They also made Bullet Storm, and I think Overun was miles better than Horde mode. What I didn't like was the removal of active reload from multiplayer.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jasean79

@Lulu_Lulu:

Disagree with you on Overrun being "miles better" than Horde mode. They both were good in their own respect. Probably one thing Overrun had over Horde was the 10 wave max. I used to hate getting in Horde games online, only to have my players leave after a few rounds leaving me with the shitty AI.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

@ jasean79

Atleast you had AI..... Last time I played Hord last year the players left. And what started as a 5 man team at wave one ended as a 2 player co-op survival experience at wave 4. From now on I'm strictly a Local Multiplayer man. :)

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#21 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I enjoyed the original trilogy, and I play them from time to time, but I felt like Judgement was just a bunch of scenarios with little story to them, this game is what makes me doubt the next installment, the series would be higher regarded if judgement was never released, it could have worked as an expansion to 3 I guess

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jasean79

@doubalfa:

The series will never be the same with Cliffy B gone.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu

@doubalfa

Really Story was never Gears specialty... Infact the thinner the plot the better.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I liked the game, but you really have to look at it for what it is...a Gears spinoff instead off part of the original Trilogy.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#25  Edited By doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: I know the plot is not the best out there, but iy gave you at least the curiosity of what happens next.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@doubalfa

I think story by cutscene is overated. But you know what was really good ? No RPG Elements !

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bowchicka07

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@doubalfa

Really Story was never Gears specialty... Infact the thinner the plot the better.

The plot may have been a little thin but the setting and impact was huge. Apocalyptic yet mankind survival type of feel. An almost invincible and relentless army of aliens or locusts or whatever the hell you were fighting against some gruntly old fashioned shoot first and ask questions later COGs and the rest of mankind. I like games where there is a lot riding on your shoulders plot-wise, gets me more immersed.

Judgement toned it down too much for me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@bowchicka07

You guys really should stop putting immersion on some type pedestal, its overated and theres nothing developers can do about it because of how subjective it is. One mans immersion is another man's immersion killer.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bowchicka07

@Lulu_Lulu: Idc about any else's immersion. You can call me selfish. If I enjoyed it, I will flaunt it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@bowchicka07

You're breaking my Heart ! :(

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Didn't play it... Lost interest after 3 honestly. And I heard it was a step backwards so I'd rather ignore the fact that it was even released. Gears of War 3 had it all imo

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I kinda liked Gears of War Judgement. Even though it was a departure from the series.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I enjoyed the campaign from PCF for what it was, I enjoyed the arcade feel and the introduction of side objectives, it was fun.

The multiplayer from EPIC on the other hand was garbage. They took everything they had built in the first three games and did a massive shit all over it, I guess that's what happens when the people who where responsible for creating the series leave, and the guys left want to try something new. This is also why I'm glad Rod Ferguson is in charge of Black Tusks project, hopefully he'll keep the game more in line with what he knows Gears fans want.