Deadspace Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

studash84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 studash84
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
Hello, new here and this is my first post. I played Dead Space 1 a year ago and was surprised at how much I liked the game. Usually I don't like slow horror games but I am a fan of space horror so I gave it a shot. The game seriously messes with your mind. It makes you feel kinda weird and disorientated. I sometimes felt sick playing it. Any one else know what I mean? It was actually pretty scary too at some points. It was very claustrophobic as well. It was also cool that you had to shoot limbs off instead of the traditional head shot. Well either way I gave Dead Space 2 a chance and was a little disappointing, The pacing was faster, guns were better but scare factor and that confusion and disorientation was gone. Didn't make me feel anything Being a gamer , might as well play Dead Space 3, and I gotta say, its a hell of a great game. It takes the scare and confusion of part 1 and the faster pacing and weapons of part 2, and adds its own touches to make it a great game. i am about 60% done but liI recommend people to try it out even if you have not played the other parts. The crafting of your own weapons is great. Dead Space 1 will always be one of the coolest and craziest games I have ever played. Would love to hear your opinions on these games. ALso about if the game made you feel weird when playing it. Like kinda sick feeling haha Thanks
JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

Usually people say that they loved #1, liked #2 and were very disappointed with #3.

I enjoyed all 3 games (1 and 2 a little more than 3) but I'm not a huge fan of the series, so I don't judge them with the same critical eye that a big fan would.

I was bummed to hear that Dead Space 4's development was put on hold though (due to poor sales of Dead Space 3), but hopefully it will see the light of day at some point.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Loved the first and second one.

The third one is also a good game but it just doesn't compare to D1 and D2. Those two games actually were scary.

WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

I thought Dead Space 2 was loads better than 3. Dead Space 3 was so damn easy and forgiving that I barely remember the game. Also I don't think co-op should have replaced the multiplayer. They could have seriously improved the mp from 2.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I love all 3, I don't understand all the hate for DS3! I know the tention is not there but it still was a solid addition to the series.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

if u love dead space, try Dead Space extraction, but you'll need a Wii or Wii U with remote and nunchuck, ora PS3 (Move compatible and recommended). its an on-rails shooter that prequels Dead sapce. soooooooooo good!

serialriddik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 serialriddik
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Oh man, no. That eye machine in DS2 was terrifying! Seriously one of the tensest moments in gaming for me. I actually didn't feel the scares in DS3 and the characters were kind of annoying with that new boyfriend and ex rivalry posturing going on. Made my eyes roll.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Might be a typical stance, but I really like the 1st and kinda like the 2nd.

I swore off 3 after I saw the trailer set to a Phil Collins song...no thanks

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I loooove Deadspace 1.  Deadspace 2 was enjoyable as well.  I played Deadspace 3 for about 2 hours and decided to try it again later.  Later has now been many many months.  I am ready to blast through 1 again, anytime.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Dead Space 1 was excellent to be honest. I did enjoy the second and third title, but not as much as the first one.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

I've only played the 1st 2 Dead Space games but I enjoyed them both! The only problem I had was with Dead Space 1 because one of the achievements was called "Betrayed" but wasnt made secret, it ended up making one of the big twists blindingly obvious!

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#12 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I love all three Dead Space games. I especially liked how the third game introduced that new planetside element while at the same time keeping its ship-trotting elements.

I'm excited to see what comes of this series in the next generation.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#13 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
Dead Space at the time was amazing, and still holds true today. Dead Space 2 added on to that winning formula and was also great. Dead Space 3, the tension was lost because of the addition of co-op. I think co-op can be good fun in DS3, but then the horror aspect vanishes in to the mist.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Part one I found boring, I never even finished it.   Part 2 is one of my favorite games this gen.  They improved everything.   Part 3 was ok but overall I was a little disappointed,  only because I like part 2 so much.

I did play DS3 on PC resently and I must say it is alot better with a mouse and keyboard than a controller.  Plus the improved framerate makes it better to 

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gregbmil

Part one I found boring, I never even finished it.   Part 2 is one of my favorite games this gen.  They improved everything.   Part 3 was ok but overall I was a little disappointed,  only because I like part 2 so much.

I did play DS3 on PC resently and I must say it is alot better with a mouse and keyboard than a controller.  Plus the improved framerate makes it better to 

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gregbmil

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Dead Space 1 is what Resident Evil 5 should have been.