Dance Central spotlight save data lost

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Great game but I ran into an unfortunate bug today. When I loaded the game, it treated me as a new player, took me through the intro tutorial , etc. I knew something was wrong because I got this game last week and played a few times, and usually it would take me to a different screen upon start up.

So I thought to myself maybe the game is just replaying the tutorial because I suck(lol), but when I loaded up the song list, all the routines were locked again. Suffice to say after a bit of digging online, it turns out other people were having this issue. Looks like I have to start over as my save somehow got lost.

Turns out I might have been able to avoid this if I had exited the game and logged out of my profile, then re-loged in. Unfortunately, it appears that by finishing the intro tutorial routine, it auto-saved over my previous save. First time something like this happens to me, hopefully they will fix it soon as they are aware of it from the posting on their site. In the meantime, if this happens to you, you need to re-start the game and not go through the intro tutorial again.....you might be able to avoid a save loss by doing this, it's not garanteed but one poster on their site said his save came back after he re-loaded the game.