COD: AW Multi-player opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

A hoy, hoy,

After swearing off COD since MW3, I find myself toying with the idea of giving it another "shot"... zing. I do not play the SP and am only interested in the MP aspects. Currently have Titanfall, BF4 and Halo MCC in the FPS genre. Although I like Titanfall I just do not feel there is enough of it, and needs a bit of cleaning up, with no stellar maps. They are mostly good, just none that stand out as awesome. With BF4 being a different style and MCC feeling a bit dated, and also the ongoing issues destroying my desire to play the game, was wondering what peoples impressions are of the MP.

I did not enjoy MW2 maps, thought Black Ops had a great MP with good variety, and MW3 was possibly the worst FPS experience for MP, with all maps being the same size and layout except one had a jungle setting the other was in the city etc. Are there good maps that make you want to come back and keep playing i.e. do they feel varied, is the addition of the exo suit and movement tweaks good for the MP experience? Just looking to see if there is enough to warrant adding a fourth FPS for the MP experience, and if this game has done enough to justify re-entering the COD franchise?

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@Undue_Influence:

Bought it for $40 for ps4. My favorite one before i played aw is black ops 2 for pc, and i absolutely hated ghosts for pc.

I think it's amazing. It feels exactly like black ops 2 but with double jump and boosting left, right, and backwards. Adds a lot of strategy and gives you more options to evade death, if you learn to use it right. It's overall pure fun.

The exo movements are so natural to me now that i have a hard time adjusting to far cry 4 (ps4).

This is the first call of duty i have played on console and i have put in hundreds of hours onto black ops 2, cod 2 and modern warfare 1. Never played black ops 1, mw 2, or mw3.Advanced warfare is my favorite by far.

Side note: do you like titanfall? Im thinking of picking it up for pc

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

So you have Titanfall, well, AW is pretty similar to it but without the Titans. I still think it´s pretty cool, shooting like mad and blowing s*t up ( any kind of stuff for that matter ) is pretty fun.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

I've heard a lot of good things about AW.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

@polishkid99: Cheers for the feedback, Titanfall is a really good game. Really hard to justify the launch console fee ($99.95 in Australia), when the game needs more content, and they cannot rely on a modding community or anything. The maps are in general quite good, although nothing with ultimate lasting appeal (maps like dust 2, assault, office and Aztec for CS) the controls are excellent, with double jump and wall running etc. One thing i love is no kill streak or anything, one draw back is not enough guns so levelling up is not that important after you unlock a few core upgrades to the titan.

Not sure the current price point it needs to be more in line with CS Go, but it is a really good game, and would definitely get more life out of having core friends to play with.