Can you use a 32GB USB flash drive on 360? How many USB drives at once?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I never thought you could use a 32GB USB drive. That is why I just ordered a 16GB USB drive, which arrived today. When I was configuring the drive, I believe I read that it said I could use up to a 32GB flash drive. I've read many different things now. Some people said you can use as many USB drives as the 360 has USB ports (I think that is 4), but then I've read you can only use 2 USB drives at once and only for a total of 32GB of space. I'm sure many of you use USB drives and know much about this. Can someone clear all of this up for me? I would've much rather put in a 32GB drive.
kai_311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kai_311
Member since 2004 • 444 Posts
When I first got my 360 Slim, I used my 1TB external HDD to back up and copy my save files. I don't know about now but that was 2 years ago.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I never thought you could use a 32GB USB drive. That is why I just ordered a 16GB USB drive, which arrived today. When I was configuring the drive, I believe I read that it said I could use up to a 32GB flash drive. I've read many different things now. Some people said you can use as many USB drives as the 360 has USB ports (I think that is 4), but then I've read you can only use 2 USB drives at once and only for a total of 32GB of space. I'm sure many of you use USB drives and know much about this. Can someone clear all of this up for me? I would've much rather put in a 32GB drive.Sonny360Elite

I'm not sure, I only use flash drives on my 360 to stream ripped movies.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
You can use a single 32gb now. In fact you can get a 64gb and make two FAT32 partitions, format them with the 360 so that they are recognised as two separate 32gb drives.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I can't believe I found this out about a day late. I'm happy though because I know I really don't need much more space than that. Even 16GB is about good for me. I'll probably buy the 32GB just to be safe though. Then I can use the 16GB drive I have to store some other things. I usually only have one game at a time that I play. I don't like have a ton of games to play, I just need one. Right now I have 3 games because of Black Friday though, so I haven't been able to install the 3rd game yet. It's rare that I have this many games to install though. Usually 1 or 2 at most to switch from. 32GB would've been really perfect though. Especially 2 32GB drives. Then I could probably hold all of the useless Downloaded Videos, XBLA Games, and Games on Demand games that I never play. Oh well, I really don't need to download those anyway. I just wish I could fit all 3 game installs.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

It was 16GB up until just recently, maybe the last dashboard update.