Any new news on the upgraded 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gen_Mojo
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

so any1 hear of any new news of the upgraded 360 comming out

last i heard was June/July

im waiting on it solely for the rumored HDMI port :)

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#2 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
nothing is official
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts
i dunno but it seems that sony may be trying to counter ms's chip downsize and is coming out with their own V2.0 . i think its just because they realized that they need to sell more units cuz the wii is killing it.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gen_Mojo

the wii is killing everything but yeah PS3 is fine i dont see a need for a change for atleast 1.5yr

not one slightest problem with it since i got it on launch nor have i heard of any

i just want this new 360 to come out for the HDMI port (if the rumors are true) and for the new procesor

Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/slimmer-ps3-on-the-way-237228.php

found this on system wars, ignore the pic, but the article seems somewhat legit, but dont flame me if you think its fake

Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gen_Mojo

if a system ever looked like that i think id go crazy

but the actual article makes sense

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
Why are you waiting for HDMI? You can use component or VGA.. HDMI has the WORST handshaking technology ever. I can't believe it was ever adopted.
alex986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alex986
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts
MS said the 360 V2 was purely intended for testing purposes, and they never planned on relesaing it to the public. I don't have a link but someone here a while ago told me this with a legit link provided. It was an interview with a MS exec.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gen_Mojo

Why are you waiting for HDMI? You can use component or VGA.. HDMI has the WORST handshaking technology ever. I can't believe it was ever adopted.Cellien

so i can free up a component imput for my Wii lol

for some reasong i only got 1 component which pisses me off but 2 HDMIs so thats my plan

i got my PS3 running on HDMI right now and i wanna get the 360 running on it if possible and my Wii on component

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cellien

[QUOTE="Cellien"]Why are you waiting for HDMI? You can use component or VGA.. HDMI has the WORST handshaking technology ever. I can't believe it was ever adopted.Gen_Mojo

for some reasong i only got 1 component which pisses me off but 2 HDMIs so thats my plan

i got my PS3 running on HDMI right now and i wanna get the 360 running on it if possible and my Wii on component

I see.. well, I really wouldnt wait up on the rumored HDMI enabled console.. it hasnt even been officially released. Does your TV have VGA?
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gen_Mojo

I see.. well, I really wouldnt wait up on the rumored HDMI enabled console.. it hasnt even been officially released. Does your TV have VGA?Cellien

yep it has it but i think id rather go with component over VGA

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cellien

[QUOTE="Cellien"] I see.. well, I really wouldnt wait up on the rumored HDMI enabled console.. it hasnt even been officially released. Does your TV have VGA?Gen_Mojo

Well just saying.. you can have your PoS3 on the HDMI, your Wii on component (tho not much of a point as the console only does a max of 480i which isnt even HD) and your 360 on VGA. Just a thought.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gen_Mojo
[QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"] I see.. well, I really wouldnt wait up on the rumored HDMI enabled console.. it hasnt even been officially released. Does your TV have VGA?Cellien

Well just saying.. you can have your PoS3 on the HDMI, your Wii on component (tho not much of a point as the console only does a max of 480i which isnt even HD) and your 360 on VGA. Just a thought.

firstly its PS3 and secondly i believe some Wii games output 480p

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"] I see.. well, I really wouldnt wait up on the rumored HDMI enabled console.. it hasnt even been officially released. Does your TV have VGA?Gen_Mojo

Ya, the Wii part was a typo.. meant to put 480p.. which you only get with the component cables.. that have been out of stock forever!
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gen_Mojo
[QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"] I see.. well, I really wouldnt wait up on the rumored HDMI enabled console.. it hasnt even been officially released. Does your TV have VGA?Cellien

Ya, the Wii part was a typo.. meant to put 480p.. which you only get with the component cables.. that have been out of stock forever!

yep and thats y i would want component on my future Wii cuz 480i looks like garbage on a HDTV u atleast need prgressive scan or else the picture is really blurry i find

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

yep and thats y i would want component on my future Wii cuz 480i looks like garbage on a HDTV u atleast need prgressive scan or else the picture is really blurry i find

Ya, tru its definitely better than 480i on a HDTV.. I would seriously consider the VGA cable for 360. Do you have a 360 yet? Says you are a future 360 owner in your sig...
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gen_Mojo
[QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"][QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

Ya, tru its definitely better than 480i on a HDTV.. I would seriously consider the VGA cable for 360. Do you have a 360 yet? Says you are a future 360 owner in your sig...

nope not yet i want to atleast wait for them to change the precesor to the 60nm process (i think its 60nm maybe 45nm)

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cellien
Really not worth waiting for those changes unless you're deadset on HDMI or are a tech buff that likes to tout he has the new processor. I had to send mine in once for repair and the thing hasnt hitched once since then.. Whatever they are repairing they got it down now, cause my wife had it on for 8 hrs playing Viva (ya insane I know) and it ran like a top.
spchamp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 spchamp1
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts

[QUOTE="Cellien"]Why are you waiting for HDMI? You can use component or VGA.. HDMI has the WORST handshaking technology ever. I can't believe it was ever adopted.Gen_Mojo

Just go buy "Y" splitters for all three colors of the component cable (or 5 if you are running audio through the tv). That is what I did for my 360, and PS3. I obviously wont play them both at the same time. I am in the same boat as you. I have only 1 component input, and a DVI input on my tv.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gen_Mojo

Really not worth waiting for those changes unless you're deadset on HDMI or are a tech buff that likes to tout he has the new processor. I had to send mine in once for repair and the thing hasnt hitched once since then.. Whatever they are repairing they got it down now, cause my wife had it on for 8 hrs playing Viva (ya insane I know) and it ran like a top.Cellien

i just dont trust them at all right now

all my friends with them have had to send them in 2-3 times

once the new processor comes out it will prolly run like the PS3

i left my PS3 on for like 18hrs once and not one problem :)

wasnt even hot to the touch

ghost89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 ghost89x
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts
i dunno but it seems that sony may be trying to counter ms's chip downsize and is coming out with their own V2.0 . i think its just because they realized that they need to sell more units cuz the wii is killing it.Eggsandwich06
ya i heard they are going to have HDMI and like a 120 gB hard drive, sweet, also a 100$ price drop could come soon
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cellien

[QUOTE="Cellien"]Really not worth waiting for those changes unless you're deadset on HDMI or are a tech buff that likes to tout he has the new processor. I had to send mine in once for repair and the thing hasnt hitched once since then.. Whatever they are repairing they got it down now, cause my wife had it on for 8 hrs playing Viva (ya insane I know) and it ran like a top.Gen_Mojo

Lol.. you love that PS3 :P PS3s suffered from problems too, you just got lucky. I know plenty of people with 360s that havent had one problem.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gen_Mojo
[QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]Really not worth waiting for those changes unless you're deadset on HDMI or are a tech buff that likes to tout he has the new processor. I had to send mine in once for repair and the thing hasnt hitched once since then.. Whatever they are repairing they got it down now, cause my wife had it on for 8 hrs playing Viva (ya insane I know) and it ran like a top.Cellien

Lol.. you love that PS3 :P PS3s suffered from problems too, you just got lucky. I know plenty of people with 360s that havent had one problem.

not to flame you or turn this into a PS3 thread but i have not heard or encountered of 1 problem with the PS3

the only real problem is the 1080i issue that does not apply to alot of people so yeah

bornonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bornonce
Member since 2005 • 754 Posts

nope not yet i want to atleast wait for them to change the precesor to the 60nm process (i think its 60nm maybe 45nm)

Gen_Mojo

Well, you may be waiting for a LONG time. 60 nm yields (for complex chips) has been atrocious thus far, and MS themselves has said that it for the 360 it has been delayed until next year.

There is not going to be an "upgraded" 360. MS might release a new model with a 120 GB HDD and HDMI, but it will not necessarily replace the current premium system. When the 360 was being designed, component video was the nearly-default HDTV interface; however, a year after the 360 release there had been a flood of cheap LCD HDTV's that require both HDMI and progressive signals (480p, 720p, 1080p) to look any good. For a digital display (primarily LCD and Plasma), HDMI makes sense. For an analog display (which still has superior display characteristics, according to most av experts) 1080i through component video is almost as good as it gets. HDMI would buy you nothing.
Gen_Mojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gen_Mojo
[QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

bornonce

Well, you may be waiting for a LONG time. 60 nm yields (for complex chips) has been atrocious thus far, and MS themselves has said that it for the 360 it has been delayed until next year.

There is not going to be an "upgraded" 360. MS might release a new model with a 120 GB HDD and HDMI, but it will not necessarily replace the current premium system. When the 360 was being designed, component video was the nearly-default HDTV interface; however, a year after the 360 release there had been a flood of cheap LCD HDTV's that require both HDMI and progressive signals (480p, 720p, 1080p) to look any good. For a digital display (primarily LCD and Plasma), HDMI makes sense. For an analog display (which still has superior display characteristics, according to most av experts) 1080i through component video is almost as good as it gets. HDMI would buy you nothing.

i remember reading an article in these forums about 1month back about them switching to the 60nm process in june/july and it included a picture of what appeared to be an HDMI port on the back of the 360

Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cellien
[QUOTE="Cellien"][QUOTE="Gen_Mojo"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]Really not worth waiting for those changes unless you're deadset on HDMI or are a tech buff that likes to tout he has the new processor. I had to send mine in once for repair and the thing hasnt hitched once since then.. Whatever they are repairing they got it down now, cause my wife had it on for 8 hrs playing Viva (ya insane I know) and it ran like a top.Gen_Mojo

not to flame you or turn this into a PS3 thread but i have not heard or encountered of 1 problem with the PS3

the only real problem is the 1080i issue that does not apply to alot of people so yeah

HDMI scaling, HDMI issues where handshaking failed to initialize, and reports of consoles failing to boot up the first time they were turned on. Thats not including the kiosks that overheated. Its typical for that to happen with consoles now though. I am just saying that the PS3 will get redesigned too with better tech, but you already bought one of those... :) I really wouldnt worry about the 360 as all the consoles come with a year warranty.... which is extendable anytime during that warranty.