AC3 stealth too hard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Store24
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

I for one find this game too hard in very annoying ways. Maybe its that I suck but I have played all the other AC games. This game has too much stealth in it and it seems that they give no room for creativity on solving that given mission. You have to do it EXACTLY the way they planned it to go down or you get caught and have to start over. I have played some missions as many as 12 times!! Never getting it right. Then I will goggle a walkthrough and see the way THEY want me to do the mission and then I get through it.

I love this game as I live in Boston and the fact that it takes place here back in the 1700s is about the coolest thing I have ever seen in ANY video game. I now walk around the city looking at it in a whole new way!! Its like a time machine for everything that is right outside my door!

But they have ruined the game play in all missions involving stealth in my opinion and taken all the fun out of the game. Moreover its a HUGE departure from all the previous games in this regard and I think many fans of the serious will find this disappointing.

Guess I will get back to reading more walkthroughs so I dont have to do the same stupid creeping around in weeds 12 times in a row

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I for one find this game too hard in very annoying ways. Maybe its that I suck but I have played all the other AC games. This game has too much stealth in it and it seems that they give no room for creativity on solving that given mission. You have to do it EXACTLY the way they planned it to go down or you get caught and have to start over. I have played some missions as many as 12 times!! Never getting it right. Then I will goggle a walkthrough and see the way THEY want me to do the mission and then I get through it.

I love this game as I live in Boston and the fact that it takes place here back in the 1700s is about the coolest thing I have ever seen in ANY video game. I now walk around the city looking at it in a whole new way!! Its like a time machine for everything that is right outside my door!

But they have ruined the game play in all missions involving stealth in my opinion and taken all the fun out of the game. Moreover its a HUGE departure from all the previous games in this regard and I think many fans of the serious will find this disappointing.

Guess I will get back to reading more walkthroughs so I dont have to do the same stupid creeping around in weeds 12 times in a row

Store24
Many games force you to play the way it's meant to play it.....
Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Store24

[QUOTE="Store24"]

DeadMan1290

Many games force you to play the way it's meant to play it.....

Agreed. But none of the other Assassins Creed games have done that to this degree. Furthermore there are some missions in this game that are so specific I really dont know if I would have EVER havegotten through them without reading a walkthrough. Its not stuff like you have to first kill this guy and then that one its literally stuff like you have to walk to the bushes and hide at this very spot and wait for 3 guys to walk by etc

Also you will get a mission where you have to free 3 groups of prisoners and also kill a general. But it does not say anything about any order. If you free the 3 groups of prisoners first, which is what most people would think you are supposed to do, the mission moves on and you dont get 100% sync because you missed the general. Stupid stuff like this makes it almost impossible to play without reading walkthroughs constantly as you play.

Again this takes all the fun out of the game, kills the flow of the story which is excellent if the game would just let you PLAY it!! And again is completely different than any other AS games.

Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Store24

I would say calling the stealth in this game hard is not even the right way to say it. Its so rigidly specific you either have to play the missions 25 times, Get really LUCKY, or read a walk through.

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

The stealth wasn't much of an issue for me. What was an ENORMOUS issue was a chase where the 'tackle' button prompt would appear, and as soon as I pressed it Connor just stopped on the spot. The time where I was in a fight and had to protect someone... and the 'X' button glitched. I couldn't attack anyone! The horse that, on a timed run, would refuse to jump a pebble onto a flat surface but would willingly vault a boulder that stood as tall as a man, causing me to land in a wooded glade from which there was no escape. A chase with another man, who could clear everything in his path, yet the nimble Connor could be knocked sideways by a blow from a musket that missed his body by a clear three feet.

It was a great game, but the moments above very nearly cost me a joypad and an LCD TV through the frustration they induced. Still, finished the story now, and probably won't go back to it. I had VERY high hopes... but reckon that after all the hype, AC2 is still the best of the series.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

Store24
reading all that's too hard :(
cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

[QUOTE="Store24"]

i-rock-socks

Seriously? If reading a not lengthy post is too hard for you, then maybe you shouldn't come to a forum.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

[QUOTE="i-rock-socks"][QUOTE="Store24"]

cain19822004

Seriously? If reading a not lengthy post is too hard for you, then maybe you shouldn't come to a forum.

cool story, bro
matem8904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 matem8904
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
Stealth in this game is underdeveloped but there are missions where you have to use it anyway and that can be really annoying. OK it sucks when enemy guards notice you, but please, at least give me a chance to solve it by combat or run away and hide somewhere. But no, I have to start again from a checkpoint where I was 15 minutes ago.