Your Game of the Year [Poll]

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killinchris13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Killinchris13
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts

Just a hypothetical question. Please give me your honest opinion and your votes and posts are well appreciated...no homo.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
CoD4 all the way. The multi alone is worth GoTY so when you add a KILLER (albeit short) single player campaign, you have the GoTY easy!
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
For the 360, I would go with BioShock, but let me stress that this is before I have Mass Effect. I'm not exactly sure when I will get Mass Effect, but I think it will be at or near the top of my list for the 360.
cjswartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cjswartz
Member since 2006 • 150 Posts
BioShock isn't on your list? It's gonna be BioShock, by a mile.
Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Maxned
Member since 2007 • 623 Posts

BioShock isn't on your list? It's gonna be BioShock, by a mile.cjswartz

Yeah, what about Bioshock? That might be my favorite game of all time.. lol

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts

all good choices i personally love cod4 but think mass effect is going to blow everyone away

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

All I know is that with all the great games coming out this year, lots of people are going to be unhappy no matter what game is chosen.

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
man i swear bioshock is over rated. it was fun but it was as outstanding as everyone makes it out to be. I think mass effect will win it
LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts
With Halo's multiplayer, skulls, replayability, and forge map editor, it has to be GOTY. COD4 has amazing graphics but what else? It does nothing new. Mario Galaxy would be a close second
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

Just a hypothetical question. Please give me your honest opinion and your votes and posts are well appreciated...no homo.

Killinchris13

360-Bioshock

Wii-Galaxy

PS3-Ratchet

Overall-Galaxy, followed by Bioshock as of now ( this could change once I play Mass Effect)

matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts
bioshock out of what i've played. i haven't played assassin's creed and mass effect yet though, so that may change. halo 3 doesn't deserve goty consideration IMO.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
With Halo's multiplayer, skulls, replayability, and forge map editor, it has to be GOTY. COD4 has amazing graphics but what else? It does nothing new. Mario Galaxy would be a close secondLessThanMarcus
if halo 3 wins game of the year i will sell my 360 and convert to PS3.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

man i swear bioshock is over rated. it was fun but it was as outstanding as everyone makes it out to be. I think mass effect will win itDarkzero6x2

And Halo 3,Orange Boxand ME isn't overated? GOTY is someone's opinion when its all said and done, there is no right or wrong answer to it, the fact that people feel the need to bash other peoples opinions are pointless and childish overall.

TarnishedSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TarnishedSoul
Member since 2002 • 12151 Posts
Call of Duty 4
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts

Probably Mass Effect. Most fun I have had in a game in a long while.

Though, The Orange Box and BIoShock are bloody awesome as well.

Assassin's Creed and CoD4 look awesome (And Halo 3's co-op looks pretty b****in').

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

All I know is that with all the great games coming out this year, lots of people are going to be unhappy no matter what game is chosen.

capthavic

I agree, however I don't care as long as it is a 360 exclusive and NOT Halo 3

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

X360: BioShock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, CoD4...

PS3: Uncharted or Heavenly Sword

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy

PC: Crysis, World in Conflict, Orange Box

Overall: Super Mario Galaxy

Killinchris13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Killinchris13
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkzero6x2"]man i swear bioshock is over rated. it was fun but it was as outstanding as everyone makes it out to be. I think mass effect will win itwizdom

And Halo 3,Orange Boxand ME isn't overated? GOTY is someone's opinion when its all said and done, there is no right or wrong answer to it, the fact that people feel the need to bash other peoples opinions are pointless and childish overall.

Avatar image for sharpshooter188
sharpshooter188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sharpshooter188
Member since 2003 • 4368 Posts

FEAR Files honestly

**** the rating system. I like the game and play it more so then any of my other shooters

-snuggles FEAR Files case-

oh delicious horror fps games.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Single player- Assassins Creed for now but Im sure that will be dethroned by Mass Effect next Teusday

Multiplayer- Call of duty 4

Overall- Since Im a single player guy, I have to say Assassins Creed/Mass Effect

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
man i swear bioshock is over rated. it was fun but it was as outstanding as everyone makes it out to be. I think mass effect will win itDarkzero6x2
This post makes no sense whatsoever. Youre saying its over-rated but then you say that its as outstanding a game that everyone says it is... Talk about hypocritical...
judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts

I personally feel it will be Mass Effect and I think Bioshock will be just behind, even though bishock was over rated and I think it was with the story and gameplay but it most definately has one of the most artistically creative, beautifull and imersive enviroments ever seen in a game.

Halo 3 and CoD4 and The Orange Box are all brilliant shooters with very popular and addictive multi-player but in the long run they are just shooters and there is not much you can take out of them really in comparism to some games.

Assassins creed I think has no chance, allthough I think it is totally awesome I also think with its mixed reviews.. highly mixed reviews that it has no chance.

Mass Effect by far is the most emersive, creative, massive, most interactive WRPG in years with a battle system which blows away any previous WRPG battle system, one that even rivals gears of war in my opinion. The story is great, the moral choices and the customization.. Besides a multi-player it has absolutely everything all those other games have to offer and much more. and Multi-Player whilst brilliant does not justify GOTY..

Mass Effect has my vote, ive played all those games (currently playing Mass Effect) and thats where I Stand.

MASS EFFECT >>>>> EVERYTHING =)

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 StrangeMeeting
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
The best game this year is not on the 360, but on the Wii and it comes in the form of Super Mario Galaxy. On the 360 though I would say a toss up between The Orange Box and Bioshock.
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

Why let sequels end ports win when you have perfectly fine new games to pick? I think the GOTY is between AC, ME and Bioshock. Bioshock is great but also incredibly small compaired to the other two. AC is a revolution for me, I havent played many games in it's genre but AC is simply amazing. It could see how it would get very repetitive after a while (after 3 kills + every side quest thing it the area). But I didnt play long enough to find out, ME took over and wont let me get back to any other game for a long time. I am a RPG fan, especially WRPG so maybe it's not compleetly fair but I think ME will take GOTY. It's less repetivive then AC, it got a movie quality to it and takes everything that was great about KOTOR to a larger audience. It's also the longest of the three game with the most replay value in a fame since the launch of the 360.

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Either COD 4 or Mass Effect
pino4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 pino4545
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts

Mass Effect? It hassnt even been released yet, can we wait unitl it actually comes out, to see if its any good. So far my money is on Call of Duty 4, i have never seen nothing like it. I think the competion needs to step up.

fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fkholmes

I personally feel it will be Mass Effect and I think Bioshock will be just behind, even though bishock was over rated and I think it was with the story and gameplay but it most definately has one of the most artistically creative, beautifull and imersive enviroments ever seen in a game.

Halo 3 and CoD4 and The Orange Box are all brilliant shooters with very popular and addictive multi-player but in the long run they are just shooters and there is not much you can take out of them really in comparism to some games.

Assassins creed I think has no chance, allthough I think it is totally awesome I also think with its mixed reviews.. highly mixed reviews that it has no chance.

Mass Effect by far is the most emersive, creative, massive, most interactive WRPG in years with a battle system which blows away any previous WRPG battle system, one that even rivals gears of war in my opinion. The story is great, the moral choices and the customization.. Besides a multi-player it has absolutely everything all those other games have to offer and much more. and Multi-Player whilst brilliant does not justify GOTY..

Mass Effect has my vote, ive played all those games (currently playing Mass Effect) and thats where I Stand.

judas-savior

How is Portal a shooter? :?

Also, the Half-Life games aren't just any old shooters. They are amazing. From the gameplay to the story to the sound, everything in that game is amazing. The graphics still look good, even though they are almost three years old.

fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fkholmes

Mass Effect? It hassnt even been released yet, can we wait unitl it actually comes out, to see if its any good. So far my money is on Call of Duty 4, i have never seen nothing like it. I think the competion needs to step up.

pino4545

It's out in Australia. I have had it for two days. Bloody spectacular. Though, I am a big fan of BioWare games (and BioWare influenced games, which are usually at least good).

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
Ok my post above didnt make sense because of the typos i had in it so let me elaborate. Bioshock was a fun game but it wasnt as outstanding as everyone made it out to be. of course this is just an opinion but they said you could never play the game the game the same like u did the first time but I found that to be a crock of bull because i thought the game got boring on the second time and at that because there wasnt a multiplayer the replay ability wasnt as high as they had promised. after the second time I played the game i saw no point in continuing the adventure. and also even on teh hardest difficulty it took me 2 days to beat. just my two cents. i know everyone else has a different opinion over all but i got more fun out of halo 3.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

judas-savior

2nd'd!

chainsawzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chainsawzorro
Member since 2003 • 496 Posts
Where's Bioshock? Epic fail.
devil_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 devil_1994
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts
i honestly cant choose between halo3,call of duty4 and bioshock but since i have to choose its cod4 sorry halo and bioshock
camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
Mass Effect.....so many great games, but M.E. is a work of genius in so many respects.:shock:
jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts
i voted orange box, but im probably gonna like mass effect even more.
-gho5t-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -gho5t-
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
My Game Of The Year would be Assassins Creed
d3c1m8r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 d3c1m8r
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts
B I O S H O C K
Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
WHERE IS TEH BIOSHOX!!!????
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#39 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
Actually, mine would be BioShock at the moment. Although, I haven't played Assassin's Creed yet - I guess that might be it.
scotty15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 scotty15
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts
I voted for mass effect but i think bioshock is brilliant as well.
nj123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nj123
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
with out a doubt call of duty 4
omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

im split with COd4 and ME , ill have to say COD4 cuz of the amazing MP gaming , with the leveling and the superb graphics and sound , ME is awesome game , one of the best games ive played , but.. he is kinnda short for a non RPG gamer like myself..

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 samcotts
Member since 2007 • 305 Posts

I love how Mass Effect is winning when majority of the people voting don't even own it yet.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
Ok, where's Rock Band in that list??? Honestly, everyone forgetting about this game.
Will82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Will82
Member since 2003 • 256 Posts

The best game of the year......No, the greatest gameEVER is Hour of Victory for the 360. No game is even close to this one.

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

CoD4 all the way. The multi alone is worth GoTY so when you add a KILLER (albeit short) single player campaign, you have the GoTY easy!nickdastick

exactly

GodLikeLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 GodLikeLee
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts
How can you have a list or a poll without Bioshock ?
Appljaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Appljaxx
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts

Bioshock homie... you forgot bioshock.

This is a great topic and a very hard question to answer. I can't remember this many great games coming out in one year before. Ive been playing 9+ rated games since september. For me it comes down to Bioshock and call of duty 4. I would probably give the nod to bioshock simply becasue it is a new game and not a sequel.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
Well I own Mass Effect and im playing it, so atleast my vote counts (ive played all the others aswell) =D
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy