You guys like Morrowind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Since that board is dead, I'll post my topic here. I recently got a 360 and have started playing Morrowind since my friend left it here one day and forgot about it since then. It started off pretty fun at first but now it's just become boring. It takes too long to travel everywhere because you can't teleport like in Oblivion, there's nothing exciting in the game, everything feels dull, and there's just not enough action. What do you guys think? Just curious since I've never really heard any comments about this game.
Dordledum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dordledum
Member since 2009 • 1754 Posts

I actually prefer it over Oblivion. Better levelling system amongst others, also like the dark atmosphere. world feels more real to me then Vardenfell does.

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

i also felt both games were really dull. havent really bought any rpg's this gen, since i used to be pretty huge on mmos

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
I never got into Morrowind too much, Oblivion was great though, much better than Fallout 3, that one was too dry for some reason.
BenBenBen93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BenBenBen93
Member since 2007 • 828 Posts

intruth oblivion was a watered down version of morrowind with imrpoved graphics, dispite this i still prfer blvion it was just more action oriented and more vibrant both thing i look in a game ofr. FUN and NICE colour pallet. morrowind gameplays was to boring and its scenery was far to bland and brown. so i didn't like it

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Morrowind was much better - there were so many places to explore - which would be missed if you just fast travelled every where. Part of the reason I got bored of Oblivion so much faster was because it was all to easy to just jump from town to town almost instantly to complete quests. Morrowind does have limited fast travel - find the silt striders or boats in some towns, the mage's guild has teleporters, scrolls can return you to temples, mark and recall lets you fast travel back to any single point in the game. I found the story and role-playing much better in Morrowind. There was a greater selection of skills which encouraged you to focus on the ones you wanted. Vivec was a much more impressive capital city than the Imperial City in Oblivion, it was on such a huge scale you could easily spend days just doing quests there and trying to join and lead the various guilds. Morrowind also didn't have the horrible monster levelling - monsters were a set difficulty, so if you found them at low level they could kill you easily, whereas Oblvion gimped everything so you could become Arena champion and defeat gods while only level 1. Quest rewards and items also had fixed stats - it didn't get nerfed because you did the quest when you were low level.
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts

intruth oblivion was a watered down version of morrowind with imrpoved graphics, dispite this i still prfer blvion it was just more action oriented and more vibrant both thing i look in a game ofr. FUN and NICE colour pallet. morrowind gameplays was to boring and its scenery was far to bland and brown. so i didn't like it

BenBenBen93
This is exactly how I feel, but obviously other people think differently about it.
Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
The only thing that Oblivion did better was graphics and combat. I liked Morrowind and I liked Oblivion and they both have their positives and negatives.
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Morrowind had a better story, Oblivion has better Gameplay but I find Morrowind>Oblivion.
charma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 charma
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts

Morrowind is one of the best games ever. I love playing it on the PC. I've got a few mods on it, but those only modify the graphics, making the characters look more pretty and things like that. e.g. Better Bodies, Better Heads mods, etc.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Did you seriously not notice the giant bugs that you travel on or the boats?

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

the travel time isn't really that mich if you know how to get around. you should find the divine inrvention, almisivi intervention and the mark and recall amulets.

mark a place you visit often and you can travel there in a sec.

the intervention spells are extremely useful, they usually teleport you to the nearest city and there you can take fast travel using boats or giant insects.

and am also pretty sure there were teleportation gates scattered around the world, you had to find a key before using them though.

once you get the grip and all this traveling doesn't take that long.

ohh and you could also find boots that could increase your speed insanely... they make you go blind though so you need and spell to counter the blindness to use them... but they could increase your speed by like 200-300 points.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I love Morrowind. Oblivion never lived up to greatness of Morrowind, but I suppose it's a good Action-RPG in its own right.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]Morrowind was much better - there were so many places to explore - which would be missed if you just fast travelled every where. Part of the reason I got bored of Oblivion so much faster was because it was all to easy to just jump from town to town almost instantly to complete quests. Morrowind does have limited fast travel - find the silt striders or boats in some towns, the mage's guild has teleporters, scrolls can return you to temples, mark and recall lets you fast travel back to any single point in the game. I found the story and role-playing much better in Morrowind. There was a greater selection of skills which encouraged you to focus on the ones you wanted. Vivec was a much more impressive capital city than the Imperial City in Oblivion, it was on such a huge scale you could easily spend days just doing quests there and trying to join and lead the various guilds. Morrowind also didn't have the horrible monster levelling - monsters were a set difficulty, so if you found them at low level they could kill you easily, whereas Oblvion gimped everything so you could become Arena champion and defeat gods while only level 1. Quest rewards and items also had fixed stats - it didn't get nerfed because you did the quest when you were low level.

couldnt have said it better myself. oblivion doesnt have half as many epic items morrowind did. you could be in the middle of no where in morrowind and find some kick ars item. if morrowind had oblivion graphics and physics oblivion would get smoked in comparison. even then morrowind is still better imo. oblivion also has less replay value as to morrowind. an example in oblivion you could be every thing to every guild. but in morrowind thats impossible because aligning with some guilds will hurt your rep with others and vice versa.
get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
The game is very sterile, I agree.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I loved Oblivion and never had the chance to get into Morrowind (I wasn't an RPG fan at the time). I wish Morrowind GOTY would be added to Xbox Live since the disc is almost impossible to find without having to pay $30 plus shipping.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I loved Oblivion and never had the chance to get into Morrowind (I wasn't an RPG fan at the time). I wish Morrowind GOTY would be added to Xbox Live since the disc is almost impossible to find without having to pay $30 plus shipping. KC_Hokie
Or you can just buy it for the PC. :P
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Except for the fast travel part, it sounds like you're talking about Oblivion.

Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
I never got into Morrowind too much, Oblivion was great though, much better than Fallout 3, that one was too dry for some reason.eXists
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed 100%
foodme123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foodme123
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts

if you dont mind graphics and can deal with the game not being new you will find morrowind better than oblivion it has a better atmosphere,bigger map,more to do.morrowind has much more quests to do. heres a comparison of how many factions there are in oblvion to morrowind. oblivion; mages guild, fighters guild, thives guild, dark brotherhood and knights of the nine plus minor non important guilds and 2main quest. morrowind;mages guild, fighters guild, two thives guild questlines,morag tong,temple(local morrowind religion),impirial cult(nine devine),house hallu,house redorian, house telvan,east trading empier, 3 vampier clans 3 main queuts and 3 times the amout of side quests.

'9

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Yeah it was good. I haven't played it for a long while though.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I did like it. I like Oblivion more now.