XBW - First 360 Review for Devil May Cry 4 (australia)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lowhighkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lowhighkang
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts

There still isn't any Western or Japanese reviews for the game, but Australia is quick out the gate.

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/games/xbox-360/devil-may-cry-4/review.htm

+Sublime Gameplay
+Solid Narrative/Story
+Dante's one-liners

-some backtracking
-some camera issues

9/10

Devil May Cry 4 is everything a hack-and-slash should be and then some. Sadly it falters with repeated level design and a moderately troublesome camera; but in the grand scheme of things, these are only minor flaws. Devil May Cry 4 delivers an experience that is second to none on Xbox 360, so far. Held together by a solid narrative, it makes your blood boil with every fight you encounter. It's a great title, pick it up...I'd even go as far as to say this is the best Devil May Cry yet.

Review done by Brodie Gibbson. All Other reviews by him:

Devil May Cry 4: 90/100

Halo 3 : 88/100

NBA Live 08: 80/100

Fifa 08: 70/100

Timeshift: 70/100

Conan: 61/100

Nintey Nine Nights : 41/100

Bulletwitch : 40/100

lowhighkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lowhighkang
bmp
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
I like the points he made though I think all DMC games have had backtracking so I'm used to it. Either way the game looks sick and they can't do any worse than DMC2 so I'm sure I'll like it.
BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

He gave DMC4 a higher score than Halo 3?? i dont mind and it could be better in his opinion but that seems awfully brave considering all the Halo fanboys out there but thats just my thought....... :P

DMC3 was fun, i wanna play this version

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I dont know who this guy is, and i sure hope DMC4 is a great game. Enjoyed the review though. Good job.
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
He is gonna get hatemail for giving dmc4 a bigger score than halo 3
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
He is gonna get hatemail for giving dmc4 a bigger score than halo 3p00phead
sadly he will... anyways great review, but seriously, FIFA 08 70/100? madness!! D:
lowhighkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lowhighkang

Nice banner club!

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

From everything that I've read about this game, it looks like Devil May Cry 4 will be at least on par with the first and third game, which is pretty much all I really want from the game. Give me a whole bunch of enemies so I can use a crazy set of combos, and it sounds like it will deliver on this.

While I'm not ecstatic about the repetition in level design, it hasn't changed much from the other games. It looks like they're not straying too far from the formula this time. I'm really looking foreword to playing as Dante with the ability to switch styles on the go.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
All of the other DMC's had backtracking and camera issues so if your a fan you are used to it by now. I expected it would be about the same as what his review says. Can't wait for it.
lowhighkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lowhighkang
Agreed with above points.
N4t3d066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N4t3d066
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

too sick.. i was not expecting a review to come out so soon for this game... Especially since its not even released to the general public yet.. But this is just what i was hoping to hear..

I also agree with other posters on the fact that this reviewer may get flamed for giving DMC a higher score than Halo 3... But the fact is, the 2 games aren't even the same genre... So they aren't comparable..

DMC gets its high score with the Action (hack/slash) genre where Halo 3 will get its high score with the FPS genre. So there really is not sense to flame anyone.. :)

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
I agree, and im even a halo hater, but you have to give credit were credit is due. The Halo series has been an impressive game in its own right hater or lover. So i wouldent give DMC 4 too much love.......just yet
BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BeyondPain

too sick.. i was not expecting a review to come out so soon for this game... Especially since its not even released to the general public yet.. But this is just what i was hoping to hear..

I also agree with other posters on the fact that this reviewer may get flamed for giving DMC a higher score than Halo 3... But the fact is, the 2 games aren't even the same genre... So they aren't comparable..

DMC gets its high score with the Action (hack/slash) genre where Halo 3 will get its high score with the FPS genre. So there really is not sense to flame anyone.. :)

N4t3d066

You're right that theyre the same genre but quite a few Halo fans wont care about that, if they're game isnt at the top, its the reviewers fault....

What a sad world we live in...

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BeyondPain
[QUOTE="N4t3d066"]

BeyondPain

You're right that theyre the same genre but quite a few Halo fans wont care about that, if they're game isnt at the top, its the reviewers fault....

Sorry i menat that they ARNT the same genre, dorry bout this :S

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BeyondPain
[QUOTE="N4t3d066"]

BeyondPain

Sorry i menat that they ARNT the same genre, dorry bout this :S

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
Looks like this game is going to live up to expectations. I loved DMC3 and am awaiting for this one to blow me away at least as much as the third game did. But why do over half the people who come in here and comment just come to say something stupid about Halo 3? If you ask me DMC3 alone beats Halo 1, 2, &3 combined. F*ck Halo, f*ck Halo fanboys, and everyone on this website, please just stop talking about Halo 3 so much! Its like, the 8th best 360 game, at best. Get over it.
lowhighkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lowhighkang
Also agreed with above comments :)