xbox tv screen goes black

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krawclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krawclone
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a Sharp 52" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV (LC52SB55) and it looks great. But when I have it connected to my Xbox 360 and playing a game, the tv some times goes to a black screen for 1-3 seconds and then returns to normal. When the image returns, it says 1080p at the top right as, as if the display button was pushed on the remote. I have the video setting on 1080p. This only happens when i am playing a game on my xbox and not watching a DVD (while not yet). Does anyone know how to fix this? I am also wondering if this a problem with my TV or with the Xbox. Any help would be great as this TV is only 3 days old.

Thanks

letsgetit3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 letsgetit3
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a Sharp 52" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV (LC52SB55) and it looks great. But when I have it connected to my Xbox 360 and playing a game, the tv some times goes to a black screen for 1-3 seconds and then returns to normal. When the image returns, it says 1080p at the top right as, as if the display button was pushed on the remote. I have the video setting on 1080p. This only happens when i am playing a game on my xbox and not watching a DVD (while not yet). Does anyone know how to fix this? I am also wondering if this a problem with my TV or with the Xbox. Any help would be great as this TV is only 3 days old.

Thanks

krawclone

How old is ur 360, could be your 360 and what kind of cable do have connected from your tv to your 360... hdmi or regular hd cables?

krawclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 krawclone

Hello my Xbox is over 3 years old and i have regular HD component cables not HDMI.

krawclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krawclone

Hello my Xbox is over 3 years old and i have regular HD component cables not HDMI.

oldmantang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 oldmantang
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i got the same problem with HD component cable on my 42" LCD but my xbox is only 2 weeks old, it didnt happen with the normal composite cables however only the HD one so c if replacing the cable helps,
oldmantang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oldmantang
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
btw it happens with playing dvds as well AND on every resolutionm where did u buy the cable from?
laurypl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 laurypl
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I just had the same problem with my new 42" sharp aquos.  I bought it from Sears and they sent out a technician. 

The problem is a bad component circuit board.  Sharp is aware of the problem and they recommend replacing that circuit board to fix it.  Since it is new, it should still be under warranty for a year.  Either contact the place you bought it from or Sharp.  It should be taken care of.

I hope this helps.

redster0802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redster0802
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts
How can your xbox be over 3 years old?... It was released on Nov. 22, 2005
rockokla4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 rockokla4life
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
tomorrow is the 3rd birthday of 360 lets sing happy birthday :)
Avatar image for blackhuntingcat
blackhuntingcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blackhuntingcat
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts
HI i have also been having problems with my xbox after i put in a game or dvd after playing one my xbox screen goes black and the disk drive doesn't spin andthe only way to fix it is to turn off the console. can anyone help?