Xbox Profile to Xbox Live account.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
My friend just got a new xbox and doesn't have LIVE yet but he's going to get it. If he makes a profile and starts beating games and getting achievements can he make that into an xbox LIVE account later? Or do you start from scratch and make a new name? I never had this problem cause I've had LIVE since Halo 2 on the Xbox.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
When I did this all of my achievements were gone. I would suggest making the GT first and then start playing.
deshazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deshazerg
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
That sucks. I haven't got xbox live yet.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
You mean he doesn't even have a silver account yet? If he has a silver account all he has to do is upgrade. If he doesn't even have a silver account I don't think making one with the profile he already has will cause him to lose anything.
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
A friend and I tried to join Live with his offline profile, but there was no option to do so despite what it may say at xbox support. If we were signed in to the profile we had to sign out before proceeding. If we were signed out there was no option to choose an existing profile. Basically he had to start over from scratch.
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
You mean he doesn't even have a silver account yet? If he has a silver account all he has to do is upgrade. If he doesn't even have a silver account I don't think making one with the profile he already has will cause him to lose anything.Sepewrath
His Xbox 360 is not even hooked up to the internet so I don't think he can make a silver.
Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
it sux but u have to make a silver membership right off the bat in order to keep all ur achivements. So if u have an offline account u can not make it an online account, u have to make a whole new account it sux.
R3dEmptioNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 R3dEmptioNz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Just get the Acheivements then when your on LIVE get update your system sign up to live through your Xbox with the account with the Gamescore :) no nees to start from scratch :D