Xbox One voice commmands with NXE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Just wanted to point out some useful kinect voice commands with NXE, they are the same as before however with the new guide it might be useful for some to know how they work in NXE.

You can basically access almost any tab of the new guide with a specific voice command. (imo it is slightly faster than double tapping the Xbox button and scrolling to the tab you want, and over time it will help conserve your controller battery).

"Xbox snap Friends".....this is the direct equivalent of double tapping the Xbox button

"Xbox Notifications"...this one is cool because you do not need to say "snap" or "go to"

"Xbox snap party"

"Xbox snap messages"

I think that about covers it....if you have favorites or some I missed feel free to chime in. For the settings you cannot use snap you have to say "Xbox go to settings".

Edit: correction "Xbox Snap Settings" works, pulls up the settings tab in the new guide.....but if you just want to load the settings app you can use the "go to" command

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#2 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

now I know why you always chat over kinect hehehehe.

I actually have been having problems with speech recognition, sometimes I'm in the middle of playing and the Xbox decides to launch random things

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Alucard_Prime

Lol yeah actually you can use voice commands even when the Kinect MIC is disabled, I just like to sometimes use Kinect as a Mic with my headphones because I feel lazy and dont want to connect the chat cable to my headphones , etc, lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I make great use of my Kinect. I like the thing so much. I skype with friends in Australia and from the Army with it, use the voice commands for TV and my fantasy football.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Wasn't aware that 'go to' and 'snap' were interchangable. I usually say 'Xbox go to friends' and it works same way as snap.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alucard_Prime

@suicidesn0wman: Yeah with NXE they are(for those examples anyways), that's mainly why I made this thread because I noticed these little differences compared to the old dashboard. I just mentioned "snap" in my examples because it seems slightly easier to say than 'go to' but it's just a matter of preference really. "Xbox Notifications" seems to be the only one that does not require you to say either snap or go to.