Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Hello all

I just got a xbox one S ( I know its not as powerful as the X)

I have a 65 inch 4k Samsung tv.

The graphics look grainy and blurry and low res. I don't know what the problem is.

I have 4k and HDR checked off on my xbox and my tv is in game mode and UHD mode.

Is the problem that the games im playing : Prey, PES 2019, Metro Redux, etc does not support HDR?

When I play gears of war 4 (which supports HDR) everything seems to look fine.

I was almost thinking it was a hard drive malfunction how bad it looks.

Am I better off playing on a non 4k tv?. I understand xbox s upscales so the content should look decent.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The upscaling can only do as much, better get a X.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9817 Posts

It's upscaling what is probably 900p and displaying it on a large screen. It won't look grainy, but neither will it look as crisp as true 4k Output. Either way HDR doesn't affect resolution.

somaikoha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 somaikoha
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Hey guys,

So ever since the last update, my Xbox One S has been acting really weird. Here are some of the symptoms of what's going on.

It will start up, but won't go to the TV. I've tried different TVs, different HDMI cables and sometimes nothing works. I've tried hard resetting and unplugging, watched YouTube videos and even looked at sending it in (it's not under warranty so it would cost me a good $115 to do that). If at all possible, I'm trying to see if I can undo putting in the last update, but I don't know if it works like that. Along with the not starting up, it makes a weird beeping noise every couple of seconds. Maybe a virus somehow? I don't open sketchy stuff so probably not as likely. I have gotten it to work for ONE game at a time, every few days so gaming in general on the Xbox is once in a blue moon. Maybe I should just never turn it off lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!