Xbox One Pricey

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

So I did it... I have saved up around 600 dollars but I'm still on the fence about getting an Xbox one.

There is not any games for it I want yet but I got the feeling I won't hold onto the money forever. In truth, I suck at saving money so it feels like a now or never kind of situation.

But my real question is; will the Xbox One ever drop in price anytime soon?

I thought I seen an article about it being cheaper but I'm still only seeing it for 500$.

Avatar image for humoungousmoth7
HumoungousMoth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HumoungousMoth7
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts

Listen, I totally understand how you feel. I'm dying to buy an Xbox one but I feel it is too expensive although my money is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm trying to be patient because of a couple of reasons. Sony has sold 5.3 million consoles compared to Xbox's 3 million. They already have rumors of a 399.00 Xbox, an Xbox with 1Tb of memory and other versions. After Sony's release today in Japan, the gap will probably widen in sales substantially which will possibly force Microsoft to take some sort of action. As hard as it is for you(believe me I understand!), being patient will benefit you in the long run. I was even thinking of buying a PS4 to keep me occupied until the Xbox One dropped in price but my wife would kill me!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#3 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@humoungousmoth7 said:

Listen, I totally understand how you feel. I'm dying to buy an Xbox one but I feel it is too expensive although my money is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm trying to be patient because of a couple of reasons. Sony has sold 5.3 million consoles compared to Xbox's 3 million. They already have rumors of a 399.00 Xbox, an Xbox with 1Tb of memory and other versions. After Sony's release today in Japan, the gap will probably widen in sales substantially which will possibly force Microsoft to take some sort of action. As hard as it is for you(believe me I understand!), being patient will benefit you in the long run. I was even thinking of buying a PS4 to keep me occupied until the Xbox One dropped in price but my wife would kill me!

That disc less version is a rumor... adding more HD space and subtracting the relatively cheap price of the drive would not amount to $100. If you want to wait, I'd wait until E3 early this summer. That's when you will find out if there will be a price drop within the first year.

I wonder if you have a gaming PC with at least a GT 660. If so, then you could probably pass for now, since you can play TItanfall and other Xbox/PC exclusives without an X1. However, if you don't have a decent PC, I'd totally get an X1 just for TItanfall, Halo 5 and Dead Rising 3, which was surprisingly good.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bowchicka07

Well thereis no doubt by the end of q3 an Xbox 1 will have the games to support the purchase IMO. My greatest curiosity is if the prices will deflate much in the next 2-3 months? Also if I am going to have regrets getting one now and then some different/better versions come out.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

no one really knows the answer to your question. the only way we will see a console price drop if the console is selling poorly in the coming months.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bowchicka07

@-Renegade said:

no one really knows the answer to your question. the only way we will see a console price drop if the console is selling poorly in the coming months.

AS in selling poorly compared to PS4 or on its own. Is there anything certain on different versions coming out?

Avatar image for humoungousmoth7
HumoungousMoth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HumoungousMoth7
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts

Probably both. Selling poorly to the Ps4 and selling poorly on it's own, especially after the release of Titanfall, Both of those factors might put Microsoft behind the eight ball and they could do something to increase sales.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

To be honest the Xbox one has a hell of alot more exclusives that PS4 has at the moment. You have a nice variety to choose from. Dead rising 3, Ryse, Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon, Peggle 2 and arriving next week is Plants vs zombies GardenWarfare and the week after TitanFall! plus not to mention Project spark will be arriving soon which is a game that lets you make games and share them online! All of these games aren't available on ps4. Ps4 atm only has Outlast, Knack and Killzone.....

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Guys, read the floated rules thread. Bringing up other systems in here is not allowed. You bring it up here, someone comes in and tried to "defend" it, and the thread gets locked and people get banned. Cross platform discussion is for Games Discussion and System Wars.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@mesomorphin:

There are more games then that but whatever. And my biggest concern with the Xbox One and the reason I will not buy one is because there is a good chance it could turn back into a Halo/Gears/Forza box in only a few years. You guys boast about these low end exclusives like Ryse and Dead Rising while ignoring history completely and what Microsoft did to all of us on the Xbox 360.

And if sales continue to stagger, it could lose its share of multiplats as well.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@mesomorphin:

There are more games then that but whatever. And my biggest concern with the Xbox One and the reason I will not buy one is because there is a good chance it could turn back into a Halo/Gears/Forza box in only a few years. You guys boast about these low end exclusives like Ryse and Dead Rising while ignoring history completely and what Microsoft did to all of us on the Xbox 360.

And if sales continue to stagger, it could lose its share of multiplats as well.

Well it's a risk I'am willinging to take because I like what I see from the games

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@mesomorphin:

It's sales may be bad in comparison to it's nearest competitor, but it's not selling poorly overall. The Original Xbox had a much wider gap between it and it's main competition, and it still had the bulk of the multi platform games on it.

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

I highly doubt there will be a price drop anytime soon. I mean, hell, we're 3 months into having these being released. If the sales start to fall a bit... then that's when we'll expect to see the price drop. Right now, the PS4 is outselling the X1 by 2 to 1, so this could also affect the prices of the X1 because of how well competitors are doing. We might end up with a Slim version in about a year or two, so I'd look out for that. There are rumours, as some of the other people have said, that a disc-less, 1 TB is supposed to be announced and it'll be cheaper, but who knows? That's only a rumour. The Slim one is basically a definite for this gen. We had one for the PS2, PS3, and the 360, so it'll be a better idea for both, Sony and Microsoft to have one come out in about a year. It just makes sense.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Murderstyle75

@Randolph:

And the original Xbox released a year later and was unproven. You must also consider what the gap would probably be if only the competing console was available. But when you walk into Best Buy to find stacks of Xbox One units just sitting on the shelf while the competing continues to sell out within hours of receiving stock, that's not really a good sign.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Murderstyle75

@spicymeatball27:

But did you do your research leading up to the generation? A lot of people making these decisions based on available games are failing to see the bigger picture. I mean the only thing Microsoft gave us for the 360 in 2013 was a really bad Gears of War spinoff. Meanwhile Sonys attention stayed with the PS3 in order to maxamize profits. I mean were looking at 10 or so exclusives vs 1. Sony could have very easily developed these as next gen titles but the difference between a game like TLOU on the PS3 vs the PS4 at launch is about 75% less copies sold. And while people who have never played it, may try and hate on it, Shadowfall really isn't a bad game.

Also, most of these games on the One are not first party and it is almost inevitable that games like Titanfall and Dead Rising will not remain exclusive with future installments. We also know that until Ryse which wasn't very good anyway, Microsoft has not gave us a new core retail IP since 2010 (Alan Wake) and even that was only console exclusive. The Steam version isn't even published by Microsoft.

Meanwhile Rare has tried to make new IP's as well as a real Killer Instinct and were turned down. Molyneux had to leave Microsoft and Lionhead to work on anything new, Bungie had to leave to be able to make Destiny and when Quantic Dream tried to make Heavy Rain an Xbox 360 exclusive, they were turned down because the games content and story was too gruesome for Microsofts family friendly image. Am I also the only one who expected Black Tusk to be worth more to Microsoft then Gears of War clones?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Murderstyle75

@spicymeatball27:

I understand that but you really must ask yourself one thing. Have you considered what will happen after the first year or two? When I bought a 360 around launch, I was very happy for a few years. Then they dropped most support besides Halo, Forza, Gears. If Microsoft actually supported the 360 like it deserved to be supported, many of these games probably wouldn't exist on the Xbox One. Rare tried to make Killer Instinct and other games for a few years now. After being constantly told no, most of the original staff lost job satisfaction and quit.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

go for it... take use of target $50 gift card

not being many games out right now is normal for a new console but time will change that.

@bowchicka07 said:

@-Renegade said:

AS in selling poorly compared to PS4 or on its own. Is there anything certain on different versions coming out?

xbox one is selling good, ps4 is selling great, You can thank shitty don with bad PR in my opinion. Xbox one is about to surpass wii u sales in NA, now that's bad for wii u lol.

there is no promise other version of xbox maybe with bigger hardrive is coming. But don't think any big price drops in any way. and most likely all you see is the offering a gift card/ free game and that won't bill till Oct-Nov when holidays start.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

If you want it and don't think you're going to be able to hold on to your money, just bite the bullet. I highly doubt the Xbox One is going to get a price drop, as MS still hasn't made any money on the Xbox brand, and they're finally profiting off the Xbox One at its current price. It's not selling poorly enough to warrant a price drop -- even if the ps4 is overselling it, the Xbox One's sales are impressive on their own.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

You could be waiting for a long time. Of course newer models will be released with bigger HDD's or maybe even smaller ones with a cheaper price but we don't know when that will be. If you want one now buy it, if you think you can hold out than just wait. I bought the Day One edition so I'll never regret buying it right off the bat, I really wanted that controller and achievement.

There's always the Titanfall bundle with 1 month Xbox Live, download code for Titanfall and of course the console and Kinect itself. It's got a $100 price drop too.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@spicymeatball27 said:

I totally understand how you feel. I was the same at thinking if i should buy a next gen console since $399-499 is not cheap & don't forget the tax/warranty which adds up to more money. If your still on this forum OP & still have the money I say get the Xbox one. The X1 i decided to get because the games looked much MUCH more Fun & gameplay looked Epic as hell. The ps4 has really really bad games like killzone 4 & knack which the gameplay lacks anything special & NOT fun.

Anyways X1 has tons of fun games & VARIETY. I did my research you can say on youtube & i have to say that Killer Instinct is a AMAZING fighter. If you played the old ones before from the 90s then you'll Love this one. Graphics look beautiful & has that killer instinct look to it plus looks great in motion. Great combo system/ awesome fighters that all are unique & fun to use plus even more will be added later. Its a must have if u love fighters.

Max Curse Of the Brotherhood is a downloadable game & its a platformer for only 14.99. It's FUN as hell & a epic platformer & different since you make platforms rise, make ropes from vines, you solve puzzles, you make all of these combined when escaping from boss fights or near death moments which are fun. The graphics look like a pixar movie its really that beautiful. You have to get it if ur into platformers.

Forza 5 looks gorgeous & if ur into racing games then get it.

and of course Dead Rising 3.This game is soooo much fun & improves upon the first 2 games in every way & does things the first 2 games can not do. The melee system is improved GREATLy. In first 2 games it felt like you were just poking the zombies which never felt truly satisfying. The stuff u made in DR2 was lame because you never felt the weapons be as powerful as they should of been after all that work of finding them & a stupid bench to make the items Plus they broke FAST. long load times when u have to enter another building. In DR3 the melee system is better & couldnt been done last generation since now your character actually uses force when he uses the weapons You feel like you made a powerful weapon this time & feels much much more satisfying & lasts longer. Plus just about every weapon has a finishing move which is epic. You can go into tons of buildings with NO loads times. & its Fun to explore for costumes which are bad ass or funny as hell to wear. Search for every blueprint to see what weapon you make. Also the graphics look gorgeous. Don't believe what people say cause its False. DR3 top picture. Dr2 bottom pictures.

Yes dead rising 3 is real sweet its my fav game on the Xbox One.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@mesomorphin:

What exactly do you mean when saying "......ignoring history completely and what Microsoft did to all of us on the Xbox 360?" Are you saying the 360 was just a glorified Halo, Gears and Forza machine?