xbox one- Is it worth trading up to xbox on over 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 kga1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Was just wondering if the new xbox one is really that much better than the 360. Any thoughts?

Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts

Yes it is.
8 year old hardware vs brand new hardware.
No brainer.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I traded in my Xbox 360 and PS3 + all their games for my next-gen consoles. It paid off my PS4, so I just bought the Xbox One with my own money. To be honest you're not missing out on much yet, if you were to wait it wouldn't hurt you. Having said that, I don't regret my move at all. I was so done with my X360 and PS3 I was ready for next-gen, and so far am loving what they have to offer.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

well

1: do you see anything you want on 360 that won't come to x1?

2: the value on the 360 is going keep decreasing. So if you see nothing you want, Go for it

zombieweekend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zombieweekend
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

The hardware is far superior, but if the choice is between the two, I'd wait at least until something comes out on XB1 that isn't available on X360, that you really want. Right now the XB1 game selection is pretty sparse, especially compared to X360's vast library.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Well I'm still playing on my 360 and at the moment I have more games on my 360 than on the Xbox One.

lilkarlh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilkarlh666
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

If i were you i would in all honesty wait until later next year. I traded in my ps3 and all of my games for the xbox one and i am now after getting over the excitement of next gen starting to slightly wish i had kept my ps3 (i am a fool for keep buying new tech day one).

Im not saying that the x1 is bad, i am having a great time with the games, i can't stop playing forza 5 and battlefield 4 for full conquest mode, but i miss the batman games (didn't get to play origins) and i wish i could of played gt6 as well. (Tempted to buy another ps3 after xmas).

Also a lot of the apps i used to use are no longer available on next gen and the blu ray player which is the only method i can use to watch my collection is simply terrible. It has audio sync issues pretty much all of the time (Again why i may buy another ps3 after xmas).

If you have played all of the games you are going to play on current gen and you are absolutely sure of it then yes go for it, i don't think game wise you will be disappointed, but if a trade is the only way you can do it, then i would seriously think about the future games you will miss as well, dark souls 2 being one of them and the indie games that are available on the 360 as there are 0 at the moment for the x1.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

No doubt. Upgrade to the XBOX One. Out the box it has blown the 360 out of the water. I'm seriously thinking of a reason to keep my 360. Right now, My arcade games is the only reason right now.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

Hell yeah you should upgrade. Thing is sick

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Not worth the upgrade except the controller is a huge upgrade. The graphics almost not a noticeable upgrade. Really no better that I can see. The games are incomplete and the system is slower.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Not worth the upgrade except the controller is a huge upgrade. The graphics almost not a noticeable upgrade. Really no better that I can see. The games are incomplete and the system is slower.

You're going to want to ignore this opinion

He doesn't really "understand" electronics if you know what I mean

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I have XB1, 360, PS4 and PS3. No way in hell would I recommend trading away a 360 for a One right now. Is the One a better machine? Yeah. Is there anything worth doing on it that compares to all that's out there for the 360? No.. And won't be for some time... The hype on these boards is so overblown....

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RimacBugatti

Is Xbone a better machine? Hardly! As far as gaming experience is concerned it's not any different. And if your buying it for the apps just buy a Samsung Tablet for $179. Common sense dumb a..

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
@RimacBugatti said:

Is Xbone a better machine? Hardly! As far as gaming experience is concerned it's not any different. And if your buying it for the apps just buy a Samsung Tablet for $179. Common sense dumb a..

Why are you calling him a dumbass? Chill out. And seriously, going around in the Xbox forum and trashing the xbone makes you look like a sad individual. Get your priorities straight.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@kga1: Hell yeah. A lot better. The graphics are way better, it's much faster, a lot better at multi-tasking, you can plug in your cable box so you don't have to always switch outputs, Kinect acts as a universal remote controller so you don't have to fumble around with multiple controllers, and the games games games are awesome! Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza 5 are all great exclusive launch titles. Killer Instinct is free, and all the multi-plays like Battlefield 4 and COD are on it too. And if you own them digitally, it's easy to open and close and switch out. Everyone works fast and smooth.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RimacBugatti

@RoslindaleOne: It's not trashing the company it's called informing the consumers that Microsoft lied once again to the consumers. I would feel bad telling someone to purchase an item that's not worth their money. You apparently are a sales man that only cares about money which is why I probably make more money than you do. When your genuine making money becomes very easy but when your a crook you actually have to work very hard.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoslindaleOne

@RimacBugatti said:

@RoslindaleOne: It's not trashing the company it's called informing the consumers that Microsoft lied once again to the consumers. I would feel bad telling someone to purchase an item that's not worth their money. You apparently are a sales man that only cares about money which is why I probably make more money than you do. When your genuine making money becomes very easy but when your a crook you actually have to work very hard.

You lack the reading comprehension. I said trashing the xbone, not MS. Shit, stop acting like a whiny bitch. Bu bu but they lied to me! Here's another mistake you made. Assuming greedy ass corporations care about you and not making money. And no one wants your shitty advice by the way. I respect peoples opinions in all, but damn you just wouldn't stop posting your drivel in the Xbox forum. When you keep saying it, it makes you look desperate and sad. Don't you have better things to do then berate a system in its respective forum? You know, like make more money then me? Since that is what you ASSUME. lol.

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

My short answer is "not yet". As soon as more of your friends are converting and they've tweaked it a bit (and more games are out) then absolutely.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

meh chana saga not got it ok boss.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RimacBugatti

@RoslindaleOne: Yeah I'm desperate but yet you feel so obligated to have to make a response? Maybe you need to question you distorted perception.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RimacBugatti

@RoslindaleOne: Maybe you didn't realize that you can make a lot of money by caring about people and wanting to help people. Oh you must be one of those people that actually work to make money. Wow that must suck! Good thing I don't have to do that! That's the problem with this world. Too many selfish cold hearted fu...

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne

@RimacBugatti said:

@RoslindaleOne: Maybe you didn't realize that you can make a lot of money by caring about people and wanting to help people. Oh you must be one of those people that actually work to make money. Wow that must suck! Good thing I don't have to do that! That's the problem with this world. Too many selfish cold hearted fu...

This all started because you called topic creator a dumbass. Grow up. Or continue being a whiny bitch that nobody likes.