Xbox front light won't turn on and controllers won't sync

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mcpeepants23200
mcpeepants23200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mcpeepants23200
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts
So my Xbox was working fine yesterday and today I wake up and try to play it but the light won't turn on. The Xbox turns on fine but controllers won't sync. Is this because the front light won't turn on? Does it mean it's fried? The front power and disc drive open buttons work but it will not let me sync my controllers.
Del_Mariachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Del_Mariachi
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
Assuming ya have already tried to resync them, the only other suggestion i can give is to try a wired controller if ya can borrow one, to determine if it is a major problem with the console or in fact ya pads.. otherwise do the simple things like completely unplug ya console from the power point and disconnect everything. Sometimes works on PC's so ya never know... otherwise i'd fear the worst! :?
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
if u have a plug n play kit have it plugged in and turn on the xbox that also syncs pads up without pressing any buttons
trace12118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trace12118
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hey, im having the same problem, did you end up finding what is wrong and how to fix it?
Zerolimit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zerolimit18
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey I have that same exact problem! I really want to fix my xbox, did you ever figure out how to fix this problem!? Microsoft hasn't been any help so far... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!
crimekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crimekill
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i too am having the same issue, did you ever find a solution, either of you
constintineooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 constintineooo
Same here. I hope I can fix it.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts
So my Xbox was working fine yesterday and today I wake up and try to play it but the light won't turn on. The Xbox turns on fine but controllers won't sync. Is this because the front light won't turn on? Does it mean it's fried? The front power and disc drive open buttons work but it will not let me sync my controllers.mcpeepants23200
What model is your xbox?
Bcarmer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bcarmer23
[QUOTE="mcpeepants23200"]So my Xbox was working fine yesterday and today I wake up and try to play it but the light won't turn on. The Xbox turns on fine but controllers won't sync. Is this because the front light won't turn on? Does it mean it's fried? The front power and disc drive open buttons work but it will not let me sync my controllers.Blueresident87
What model is your xbox?

I am having the same problem. Did anyone find out a fix?
vnzlnblood09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vnzlnblood09
Hey, did you ever find a solution? Because I have the same problem
nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
if everyone is having the same problem and if you have told Microsoft then Microsoft would work faster right
TrooPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrooPlayer
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

I just got into a panic there reading this thread but everything is all good here. If it is happening to lot of you's did yous download any upgrades or buy a new game recently.

x93_confirmedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 x93_confirmedx
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

I've been having the same problem ever since I started playing BF3. I have a newer Elite model and never had any issues with the controllers synching. I have to manual sync them every time I turn on the console and there are even times when it disconnects while playing even though I have fresh batteries and the batteries are well connected in the controller.

This is a frustrating issue I really don't know what to do about it. Anyone find a fix?