Xbox 360's hdmi woes have now finally been resolved.

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sherpico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sherpico
Member since 2006 • 6805 Posts

www.engadget.com.

A second Xbox 360 iteration codenamed Zephyr is in the works. In addition to the 65 nanometer die shrink, comes the inclusion of that long awaited Hdmi output and perhaps an accompanying 120 gigabyte hard disk drive. Insiders imagine that it should go for around the same price as the original Xenon based 360's.

Enjoy the rest of your day, Lemming Homies. 8)

Maleku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Maleku
Member since 2005 • 1961 Posts
Wonderful news indeed... now if we want HDMI it will come with a mere cost of another $400.   Sorry for the sarcasm,  I just can't stand companies that try and double dip their customers.  HDMI should have been included in the first place.   On the topic of double dipping... I think George Lucas is the worst.
WeaponMasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 WeaponMasterX
Member since 2004 • 893 Posts
So this was what Microsoft meant when they said the were going to fix the "No real 1080p" issue?
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
Howmuch is it going to cost ? If it isnt over 500 dollar, I would feel really ripped off. :(
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
That picture is photoshopped.... I am a graphic designer and can tell... if you look just to the left of the HDMI output you will see a shadow... then a bit of a highlight... the shadow doesn't blend with the same surface as the xbox.... fake.
degobah77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 degobah77
Member since 2006 • 1048 Posts
This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
I understand that people are going to feel p*ssed off but you still have the option of VGA on current models. Is it THAT much of a visual difference to HDMI that you would need to go and purchase a new 360? I'm aware that the US may be more ahead in terms of HD, so to any UK users - Do you people have equipment that even has HDMI ports?
WeaponMasterX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WeaponMasterX
Member since 2004 • 893 Posts
[QUOTE="Gregoroth"]I understand that people are going to feel p*ssed off but you still have the option of VGA on current models. Is it THAT much of a visual difference to HDMI that you would need to go and purchase a new 360? I'm aware that the US may be more ahead in terms of HD, so to any UK users - Do you people have equipment that even has HDMI ports?

Yes. :|
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nikefreak
Member since 2004 • 1651 Posts
This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.degobah77
Oh get real... Get off your whine wagons and realize, Sony has done this for YEARS, Nintendo has done it for YEARS, There is nothing wrong with Microsoft improving the hardware as time goes on, and it becomes cheaper to make (Hence how they are able to NOW put larger drives and HDMI, if this is true, and they couldnt then. Its the COST, which they are making over 100.00 per console atm, so they can improve things and still make a profit. But yes, before you all go around screaming and toting guns, think about it logically... How many versions of the GB Advance were there? PS2? PS1? Gameboy? N64? (Colors mainly) Gamecube? (At least 2, as one has the ability to do EDTV, one doesnt (the newer ones removed the port to save money)... So if you get my point, nothing new, and you guys are obviously either Sony fanboys trying to puff up something trivial to whine about, or just people complaining because they dont always get whatever everyone else gets. If you want the new console THAT badly, then its YOUR responsibility to sell yours and go get another. No one elses.
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cofn42
Member since 2003 • 525 Posts

Sure is nice how M$ treats their long time supporter.

This once again shows that they have little to no regard for the people who buy their systems.

First they screw everyone who purchased an original Xbox by dropping 100% of their support for the Xbox1 as soon as the 360 launched, near to non-existant backwards compatibility at launch, and not a whole heck of a lot better a year later. And now, a mere 10 days after Xmas, we get this bomb dropped, after 2 million people bought 360's during the holiday season.

If this turns out to be true, and M$ pulls this s***, this will be the last M$ system I buy, and may even consider modding my 360, I am sick to death of being bent over repeatedly by Microsoft, and loved with no lube.....

The icing on the cake would be if the include a HD-DVD drive..... you would see them go down faster than the Titanic

nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nikefreak

Sure is nice how M$ treats their long time supporter.

This once again shows that they have little to no regard for the people who buy their systems.

First they screw everyone who purchased an original Xbox by dropping 100% of their support for the Xbox1 as soon as the 360 launched, near to non-existant backwards compatibility at launch, and not a whole heck of a lot better a year later. And now, a mere 10 days after Xmas, we get this bomb dropped, after 2 million people bought 360's during the holiday season.

If this turns out to be true, and M$ pulls this s***, this will be the last M$ system I buy, and may even consider modding my 360, I am sick to death of being bent over repeatedly by Microsoft, and loved with no lube.....

The icing on the cake would be if the include a HD-DVD drive..... you would see them go down faster than the Titanic

cofn42
I refer you to my previous post. You are a prime example of what I was talking about.
degobah77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 degobah77

Wow, sit back and relax, the console was released hardly more than 12 months ago, there buddy!  They usually wait a few years before releasing an entirely new featured console version.

And who the HELL is going to buy the OLD console once the new one is out.  For $400, this is complete BS and I will ride my whine wagon straght into your little town with guns ablaze.

PEELEDbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PEELEDbanana
Member since 2006 • 2053 Posts
It is probably just the hdmi hook-up on the back of it. That 120 Gig hard drive will be sold separately, so totally, they won't screw over all of the gamers.
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cofn42
[QUOTE="degobah77"]This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.nikefreak
Oh get real... Get off your whine wagons and realize, Sony has done this for YEARS, Nintendo has done it for YEARS, There is nothing wrong with Microsoft improving the hardware as time goes on, and it becomes cheaper to make (Hence how they are able to NOW put larger drives and HDMI, if this is true, and they couldnt then. Its the COST, which they are making over 100.00 per console atm, so they can improve things and still make a profit. But yes, before you all go around screaming and toting guns, think about it logically... How many versions of the GB Advance were there? PS2? PS1? Gameboy? N64? (Colors mainly) Gamecube? (At least 2, as one has the ability to do EDTV, one doesnt (the newer ones removed the port to save money)... So if you get my point, nothing new, and you guys are obviously either Sony fanboys trying to puff up something trivial to whine about, or just people complaining because they dont always get whatever everyone else gets. If you want the new console THAT badly, then its YOUR responsibility to sell yours and go get another. No one elses.

The arguent about the PS1 and 2 are moot, Sony released the slim PS2 and the little PS 4 years+ into the consoles life cycle, and neither offered any benifit to the consumer other than size. The same can be said for Nintendo, with the exception of the DS Lite, which in essence only add a slighty brighter screen. Even then the change is negligible. The gamecube arguement is a little silly as well, Nintendo actually took out a feature, hardly the same. What M$ is doing is jacking all the people who want a True-HD experience. They just reaped in big bucks over the Holiday season, and then 10 days after Christmas, we hear they are releasing a new version. I honestly should not have expected anything different from people, they are all about screwing peo..., er I mean, making money. This is a clear sign though that Sony has put the fear of god into them. Why else would they need to re-release the 360 with True HD unless they were feeling the fear....
Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lev_Arris
Member since 2002 • 1123 Posts
Have to wait till I see this in stores.
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nikefreak

Wow, sit back and relax, the console was released hardly more than 12 months ago, there buddy!  They usually wait a few years before releasing an entirely new featured console version.

And who the HELL is going to buy the OLD console once the new one is out.  For $400, this is complete BS and I will ride my whine wagon straght into your little town with guns ablaze.

degobah77
Ok, so you are THAT worried about the chip inside, considering it will result in no real differences than the current console, other than (if this IS true, which I will research later) other than the amount of storage size (Which isnt of concern to me, or anyone else resourceful. It costs a whopping 39.99 to buy an XPort, which allows you to backup and restore anything from the 360 drive to the PC), then that is YOUR problem. If you wanted to pay the price to be one of the first to own a brand new console, instead of waiting for newer revisions, that is YOUR problem. You got what you paid for, and the product is essentially the same as what this is speaking of, with 2 exceptions. One, the chip after producing so many of them, is able to be squeezed into a smaller nm production, which is NORMAL (And happens with almost every device which includes a processor, even the Tamagotchi has went through this change) and results in it running cooler and being cheaper to produce (Smaller nm = more cpus per wafer). And second, a larger drive, which people have been complaining about, so they actually go to fix it (again, if even true), and you still complain? No, I stick with my orig assesment, quit whining or sell yours to get a new one. Or even go switch sides to Sony or Nintendo, as they will do the same thing once its financially feasible, as it is (as I proved above) what they have done time and again for YEARS. Look how many NES versions, SNES, Genesis, etc. etc. etc. You simply arent taking any of that into account. You are acting like Microsoft is "pulling something" or doing something just totally unthinkable. Get your history and facts right before you go around waving burning torches and pitchforks.
Sev3r87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sev3r87
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The Smaller Ps2 had the built in network adapter didnt it?
degobah77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 degobah77
[QUOTE="degobah77"]

nikefreak

Ok, so you are THAT worried about the chip inside, considering it will result in no real differences than the current console, other than (if this IS true, which I will research later) other than the amount of storage size (Which isnt of concern to me, or anyone else resourceful. It costs a whopping 39.99 to buy an XPort, which allows you to backup and restore anything from the 360 drive to the PC), then that is YOUR problem. If you wanted to pay the price to be one of the first to own a brand new console, instead of waiting for newer revisions, that is YOUR problem. You got what you paid for, and the product is essentially the same as what this is speaking of, with 2 exceptions. One, the chip after producing so many of them, is able to be squeezed into a smaller nm production, which is NORMAL (And happens with almost every device which includes a processor, even the Tamagotchi has went through this change) and results in it running cooler and being cheaper to produce (Smaller nm = more cpus per wafer). And second, a larger drive, which people have been complaining about, so they actually go to fix it (again, if even true), and you still complain? No, I stick with my orig assesment, quit whining or sell yours to get a new one. Or even go switch sides to Sony or Nintendo, as they will do the same thing once its financially feasible, as it is (as I proved above) what they have done time and again for YEARS. Look how many NES versions, SNES, Genesis, etc. etc. etc. You simply arent taking any of that into account. You are acting like Microsoft is "pulling something" or doing something just totally unthinkable. Get your history and facts right before you go around waving burning torches and pitchforks.

I could care less about the chip size and the HDD.  What I am concerned with it HDMI.  That is a MAJOR feature we are missing out on.  I hope they figure out a way to please everybody, cuz I am NOT buying another $400 console just to get what I should have gotten all along.

And nikefreak, please take note, I really don't care that much, I'm just jumping into the argument to kill time ;-)

Grayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Grayden
Member since 2003 • 3070 Posts
Until MS makes an official announcement there is no point in worrying or going crazy. Besides i can always claim i have the Retro 360 model ;) if this rumour is actually true :)
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nikefreak
[QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="degobah77"]This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.cofn42

The arguent about the PS1 and 2 are moot, Sony released the slim PS2 and the little PS 4 years+ into the consoles life cycle, and neither offered any benifit to the consumer other than size. The same can be said for Nintendo, with the exception of the DS Lite, which in essence only add a slighty brighter screen. Even then the change is negligible. The gamecube arguement is a little silly as well, Nintendo actually took out a feature, hardly the same. What M$ is doing is jacking all the people who want a True-HD experience. They just reaped in big bucks over the Holiday season, and then 10 days after Christmas, we hear they are releasing a new version. I honestly should not have expected anything different from people, they are all about screwing peo..., er I mean, making money. This is a clear sign though that Sony has put the fear of god into them. Why else would they need to re-release the 360 with True HD unless they were feeling the fear....

A. You just proved you are nothing more than a Sony fanboy. Which to be honest, is the lowest of the low. They typically dont listen to reason and spout innaccurate and just completely false "facts". B. PS2 had far more revisions than just PS2 and Slim PS2 lol... You obviously are oblivious to that fact as well. And they happened far sooner than you claim as well. C. Yes, the Gamecube part is silly, but not on my part. Nintendo actually TOOK OUT a part of the Gamecube that was BETTER than the current ports on it. The current port is standard 480i, while the old port allowed EDTV at 480p. That is a BETTER display, and they actually took it out simply to make it cost less to make (Check the news bits on it). D. Microsoft isnt jacking anyone, you are simply crying about the evolution of a console during its lifespan. This is to be expected, and is done by absolutely every device manufacturer (Including the much loved Ipod). And the "True-HD" experience you speak of, is already here. I have already watched movies, played games, etc. in 1080p, and further the 360 has a chip currently in it that is responsible for all the scaling that needs done (I guess codename Ana or something like that), that the PS3 didnt even include anythign similar to do its scaling. For example, if you play Resistance on the PS3 (Which is 720p native btw, for all you fans out there ;p) and your TV doesnt support 720p, only 1080i/p, then it scales back down to 480p.... That is hardly better than Microsofts current solution, and would instill nothing but laughs from Microsofts side. E. As all the reasons above stated, and include current sales, games available, exclusives, accessories, services offered, and just simple quality, Microsoft has no worries and the market is showing this more and more every day. F. As I stated previously, you are coming off as nothing other than a whiney PS3 fanboy trying to start trouble like most Sony fanboys do.
kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kidkit
Member since 2005 • 2783 Posts
[QUOTE="cofn42"] ... This is a clear sign though that Sony has put the fear of god into them. Why else would they need to re-release the 360 with True HD unless they were feeling the fear....

Yes and no. At the end of the day the 360 is still the one with a Scaler chip, a bigger advantage than HDMI if you ask me. What's more important here is the size of the hard drive if MS is serious about there digital distribution strategy. There is a huge market for downloadable TV and movies, but not if you have a 13Gig hard drive :] HDMI isn't that much better than component, and let's remember... on 360 only HD-DVD movies will be sourced at 1080p, at the end of the day the 360 + add-on would still be considered a budget solution for HD movies, and if you want to skip the discs and just download... well the rentals are only in 720p anyhow.
Sev3r87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sev3r87
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
http://www.news4gamers.com/ps3/News-18722.aspx Startin to think all thsi mumbo is a tad on the fake side, but i guess thats just me, first a new xbox model and now a new ps3?
Fogotmypantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fogotmypantz
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts
Do you guys think they would let us trade our xbox 360 v1 in for the other? Especially if we still have a warrenty for the original. I think it would be a good idea id even pay an extra 100 if they ask for it.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
[QUOTE="degobah77"]This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.nikefreak

The difference is Nintendo systems never cost 400 bux =P I sure hope this "Zephyr" isn't legit, because I just bought a system last week...
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nikefreak
[QUOTE="kidkit"][QUOTE="cofn42"] ... This is a clear sign though that Sony has put the fear of god into them. Why else would they need to re-release the 360 with True HD unless they were feeling the fear....

Yes and no. At the end of the day the 360 is still the one with a Scaler chip, a bigger advantage than HDMI if you ask me. What's more important here is the size of the hard drive if MS is serious about there digital distribution strategy. There is a huge market for downloadable TV and movies, but not if you have a 13Gig hard drive :] HDMI isn't that much better than component, and let's remember... on 360 only HD-DVD movies will be sourced at 1080p, at the end of the day the 360 + add-on would still be considered a budget solution for HD movies, and if you want to skip the discs and just download... well the rentals are only in 720p anyhow.

Yes, the rentals are 480p and 720p afaik, however, they are scaled to 1080p just fine and do look noticeably better and sharper. And as for the drive, I already stated that its only 39.99 and space is no longer an issue (Xport) as you can simply backup your stuff to the PC till you need it again. Also, if you buy TV shows from the service, you know you can delete them and redownload them whenever you want them again right? And no, you arent charged again to do so, as I have done it many times already. Also, the HD-DVD addon and 360 combo, may be considered a budget solution, however, it is already getting higher marks than some of the first gen HD-DVD/BluRay players on quality :)
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nikefreak
[QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="degobah77"]This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.Staryoshi87

The difference is Nintendo systems never cost 400 bux =P I sure hope this "Zephyr" isn't legit.

Ok, if thats your take then consider this. How much would an NES cost in todays market? Now take into account the orig NES had a VERY quick to fail connector on its cartridge port and is the reason Nintendo re-released the NES with a top loading design that is better? So in all actuality, no, your not right lol... If you take inflation into consideration, this isnt different almost at all. And the other example, Nintendo actually took something away that was better to make a device cheaper. Thats hardly something I would call a good thing... The DS is factually different as the screens make quite a bit of difference on a portable device (Mind you, just as much difference as a cheaper to make cpu does to you). The Gameboy Advance went through several iterations on size, screen, and compatibility (The Gameboy Micro for example, has one of the best screens of them all, and yet it doesnt accept Gameboy games, only GBA games. Unlike its other revisions).
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nikefreak
Do you guys think they would let us trade our xbox 360 v1 in for the other? Especially if we still have a warrenty for the original. I think it would be a good idea id even pay an extra 100 if they ask for it.Fogotmypantz
I honestly doubt it... Has Sony/Nintendo/Sega ever allowed you to do this? Does Apple allow it with Macs or Ipods? Do car manufacturers allow it? How about appliance companies?... Come on guys, you are making a mountain out of a molehill.
TrustCo1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TrustCo1971
Member since 2006 • 1721 Posts
Wonderful news indeed... now if we want HDMI it will come with a mere cost of another $400. Sorry for the sarcasm, I just can't stand companies that try and double dip their customers. HDMI should have been included in the first place. On the topic of double dipping... I think George Lucas is the worst.Maleku

How many people in this world accually have a tv that does 1080p? Most people still dont have a tv that does 720p. I will not upgrade as  I have already had to buy 2  360s cause my launch one crashed.

Im not even sure if im gonna keep playing consoles,with all the games costing more, console prices going up, and having to pay for every little thing....

Its getting old. I have been a console gamer since 1980 and have pretty much every console made, but ..I think the time has come to close this chapter of my life after this gen.
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nikefreak
[QUOTE="Maleku"]Wonderful news indeed... now if we want HDMI it will come with a mere cost of another $400. Sorry for the sarcasm, I just can't stand companies that try and double dip their customers. HDMI should have been included in the first place. On the topic of double dipping... I think George Lucas is the worst.TrustCo1971

How many people in this world accually have a tv that does 1080p? Most people still dont have a tv that does 720p. I will not upgrade as  I have already had to buy 2  360s cause my launch one crashed.

Im not even sure if im gonna keep playing consoles,with all the games costing more, console prices going up, and having to pay for every little thing....

Its getting old. I have been a console gamer since 1980 and have pretty much every console made, but ..I think the time has come to close this chapter of my life after this gen.

Again, take inflation into account and you arent being charged much more this generation, while technology and games are CONSIDERABLY further along and take MUCH more money to make than they did, as well as being far larger and more detailed (And all of that texturing, programming, graphic design and planning, does cost money to do), and I dont really see the same point as you. I have been gaming since early 80's too, and I dont seem to share the same view as you. I personally feel we are getting a fantastic product for the price we are paying, the games have been the same price for years and a price increase is again, just on par with inflation of the costs to make it... But I do get your point, and it does have more validity than some of the other complaints... But really the console gaming experience is still much cheaper and easier to use/get/play/etc than the PC gaming experience, and that will likely never change, and considering that is your only other real alternative, it seems you will either stop gaming alltogether or just deal with inflation like the rest of us :)
Unforgiv3n2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Unforgiv3n2
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
That picture is photoshopped.... I am a graphic designer and can tell... if you look just to the left of the HDMI output you will see a shadow... then a bit of a highlight... the shadow doesn't blend with the same surface as the xbox.... fake.luvbeers
you're dumb...
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cofn42
The Smaller Ps2 had the built in network adapter didnt it?Sev3r87
True, but it was comerically availble for about 2 years prior. You can in no way go buy a HDMI port for the 360.
zenerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zenerik
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts
[QUOTE="Sev3r87"]http://www.news4gamers.com/ps3/News-18722.aspx Startin to think all thsi mumbo is a tad on the fake side, but i guess thats just me, first a new xbox model and now a new ps3?

That's totally fake. They wouldn't make one model with more RAM. It would be useless for games because the games are made to work with the 256MB RAM.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

"Soon" probably means next Christmas.  I don't plan on getting a 1080p HDTV any time in the near future, so I really don't care.  From what I've seen. You can only tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on 42'' HDTVs and larger ones.

Demarco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Demarco25
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="luvbeers"]That picture is photoshopped.... I am a graphic designer and can tell... if you look just to the left of the HDMI output you will see a shadow... then a bit of a highlight... the shadow doesn't blend with the same surface as the xbox.... fake.Unforgiv3n2
you're dumb...

You are the dumb one for believing this.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
There's like 3 or 4 topics created in this forum all about this scam article of an upgraded Xbox 360 with useless extras except for the larger hard drive.
cofn42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cofn42

[QUOTE="cofn42"][QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="degobah77"]This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.nikefreak

A. You just proved you are nothing more than a Sony fanboy. Which to be honest, is the lowest of the low. They typically dont listen to reason and spout innaccurate and just completely false "facts". B. PS2 had far more revisions than just PS2 and Slim PS2 lol... You obviously are oblivious to that fact as well. And they happened far sooner than you claim as well. C. Yes, the Gamecube part is silly, but not on my part. Nintendo actually TOOK OUT a part of the Gamecube that was BETTER than the current ports on it. The current port is standard 480i, while the old port allowed EDTV at 480p. That is a BETTER display, and they actually took it out simply to make it cost less to make (Check the news bits on it). D. Microsoft isnt jacking anyone, you are simply crying about the evolution of a console during its lifespan. This is to be expected, and is done by absolutely every device manufacturer (Including the much loved Ipod). And the "True-HD" experience you speak of, is already here. I have already watched movies, played games, etc. in 1080p, and further the 360 has a chip currently in it that is responsible for all the scaling that needs done (I guess codename Ana or something like that), that the PS3 didnt even include anythign similar to do its scaling. For example, if you play Resistance on the PS3 (Which is 720p native btw, for all you fans out there ;p) and your TV doesnt support 720p, only 1080i/p, then it scales back down to 480p.... That is hardly better than Microsofts current solution, and would instill nothing but laughs from Microsofts side. E. As all the reasons above stated, and include current sales, games available, exclusives, accessories, services offered, and just simple quality, Microsoft has no worries and the market is showing this more and more every day. F. As I stated previously, you are coming off as nothing other than a whiney PS3 fanboy trying to start trouble like most Sony fanboys do.

I find it funny how any time someone says anything even a little positive for Sony, or Negative for MS they are a fanboy... This is the new insult it seem, one with little merit, like saying "Im not stupid... YOUR stupid"

Sure there have been many "Revisions" to the PS2, but none have affected the system like this. Name me 1 thing in all the motherboard revisions that would have warrented a new purchase? NONE. Not a single thing. All the reworkings of the PS2 MB and internal designs was for nothing other than to thwart piracy. I had a day 1 PS3 and never had to upgrade it once, there was never another PS2 revision to come along that offered anything.

You may want to get YOUR facts straight before spouting off about things you are unclear on.

You are correct, MS has beat Sony hands down on the scaling issue, but time will tell if Sony can fix this, the console is a month old, who knows if they will find a way to software emulate, if not, then MS has a huge advantage.

And for the record I am no where near a fanboy. I own all the systems, and defend each one. I am a GAMER, and as I gamer I do not want to be screwed by any console manufaturer. MS has been around longer in the Next-gen war, and that may be why people, not unlike myself, feel we are getting repeatedly screwed by MS. Something I feel Nintendo and Sony has not done yet. But then again, they just ebntered the Next-gen race. Beleive me, when I start having to pay microtransactions on the PS3, I will be just as vociferous.

edited for mistypes

nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nikefreak
[QUOTE="zenerik"][QUOTE="Sev3r87"]http://www.news4gamers.com/ps3/News-18722.aspx Startin to think all thsi mumbo is a tad on the fake side, but i guess thats just me, first a new xbox model and now a new ps3?

That's totally fake. They wouldn't make one model with more RAM. It would be useless for games because the games are made to work with the 256MB RAM.

Not to mention the fact it would shut out all previous PS3 owners from enjoying the newer made for more memory games... Sony would be insta-killing themselves if they did that lol... And btw, After a bit of digging, pictures and such have surfaced before along with info about the 360 revision, and Microsoft stated they are always (in the design lab) toying with ideas and working on various improvements. Most smart companies do this (aka Nintendo), and most never make it to the sales floor. So, this picture may or may not be real, and it may (if real) have come from their lab, which means it might or might not ever even show up in retail. Also, as for the people who want HDMI so badly, why? The only advantage I can see, is it is a digital interface vs analog.. But , for it to be that important to people? 1080p is already done (With previous updates) over both VGA and Component cables on the 360, so I dont see the purpose other than to make a native digital connection, if you even had this ability on your TV...
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nikefreak

[QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="cofn42"][QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="degobah77"]This is complete BS and a slap in the face to all those that supported MS by buying the console when it was released.cofn42

I find it funny how any time someone says anything even a little positive for Sony, or Negative for MS they are a fanboy... This is the new insult it seem, one with little merit, like saying "Im not stupid... YOUR stupid"

Sure there have been many "Revisions" to the PS2, but none have affected the system like this. Name me 1 thing in all the motherboard revisions that would have warrented a new purchase? NONE. Not a single thing. All the reworkings of the PS3 MB and internal designs was for nothing other than to thwart piracy. I had a day 1 PS3 and never had to upgrade it once, there was never another PS3 revision to come along that offered anything.

You may want to get YOUR facts straight before spouting off about things you are unclear on.

You are correct, MS has beat Sony hands down on the scaling issue, but time will tell if Sony can fix this, the console is a month old, who knows if they will find a way to software emulate, if not, then MS has a huge advantage.

And for the record I am no where near a fanboy. I own all the systems, and defend each one. I am a GAMER, and as I gamer I do not want to be screwed by any console manufaturer. MS has been around longer in the Next-gen war, and that may be why people, not unlike myself, feel we are getting repeatedly screwed by MS. Something I feel Nintendo and Sony has not done yet. But then again, they just ebntered the Next-gen race. Beleive me, when I start having to pay microtransactions on the PS3, I will be just as vociferous.

A. No, when someone spouts ignorant things that they know nothing about simply to spawn a console war, or a measuring contest, they are the sole ones responsible for looking like a fanboy. I dont use it as an insult, more of a wakeup call as to the mentality you are displaying. B. There have been many more changes to the PS2 than simply cosmetic or such changes. And no, I will not sit and go over each of them with you, if you are that interested, I suggest http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2 . Check out how many revisions there have been, and what things have been changed. And whether or not those changes are the same TO YOU, I am sure the features changed on the PS2 have been problematic for others. (A good example is anyone who owned a PS2 HDD, which we all know how well Sony took care of those customers, eventually releasing a console that couldnt even use it at all). And further, it wasnt just to thwart piracy, there have been other hardware changes as well, including the CPU. C. I have mine straight, and provided a link for you to adjust your innacurate statements with. :) However, I suggest from this point on you read first, run mouth second. D. And if Sony DOES fix this? That leaves the same problem you are currently throwing a fit about. As they will NOT allow all PS3 owners who already bought a non-scaling unit, to exchange it for a scaling unit. So are you going to go with your pitchfork to their door too? You might as well start now, as neither company gives a rats behind what you think. E. I own all the systems too, does that make me a fanboy simply because I see the truth through the nonsense you are trying to pitch? No. It simply means you are trying to make a small issue into something huge. And further, if you arent a fanboy then stop acting like one. Dont sit and try to throw fits about stupid and small trivial issues like this, and instead interest yourself in something more important, a good example is trying to get Sony to start listening to their customers again, stop ripping them off, start focusing on games instead of media and hardware, and stop lieing and just straight forwardly deceiving their customers time and again, for the simple sake of sales. There are far more important issues in gaming, than whether or not Microsoft is going to follow the trend set by EVERY SINGLE OTHER consumer electronics manufacturer to date, period. And you already have microtransactions on the PS3, and more coming. So again, worry about something that actually matters, instead of petty, inconsequential things.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts
 Are we trying to add words to a Dictionary.LOL!
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nikefreak
 Are we trying to add words to a Dictionary.LOL!DarthKalo
lol :D
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts
Crud...i invested in this system the first time i found out that Sony had pushed the ps3 release date back...i had bought this console on a whim and did not regret it..its a great console with some great games..minus rpgs..my fav...still great, however by me supporting MS and then them pulling this junk (assuming its true im a sceptic) is crap..full on 10 ft. pile of crap... 
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11996 Posts
it upconverts to 1080p, so it's not true 1080p
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nikefreak
it upconverts to 1080p, so it's not true 1080pgatsbythepig
It supports native 1080p over component and vga, and you can get an HDMI adaptor if you must have hdmi as well. So, your wrong :)
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gatsbythepig
vociferous- vehement outcry good word
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nikefreak
Crud...i invested in this system the first time i found out that Sony had pushed the ps3 release date back...i had bought this console on a whim and did not regret it..its a great console with some great games..minus rpgs..my fav...still great, however by me supporting MS and then them pulling this junk (assuming its true im a sceptic) is crap..full on 10 ft. pile of crap... Hotwad
Hmm... Shouldnt you be worried more about the fact there are like no games for your PS3? Or no scaling? How about no real future at all for it? The 360 is going good, and even the article on Engadget said it was from some nobody that has no credibility, and even they said they didnt know if it would INCLUDE a 120gb or not, or if it would just be available to purchase. So the only real difference from this anonymous nobody, is that it will have HDMI output which as I have said, unless you want a DIRECT DIGITAL STRAIGHT FROM THE CONSOLE HDMI connection, there is NO other reason to get this as you can adapt VGA or Component to HDMI, and both are fully capable and currently do native 1080p. Further, the CPU will make no difference to you, other than it being cheaper for MS to make, fit more per wafer during manufacturing, and run a bit cooler. There are no gameplay or compatibility differences introduced by this change.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gatsbythepig
[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]it upconverts to 1080p, so it's not true 1080pnikefreak
It supports native 1080p over component and vga, and you can get an HDMI adaptor if you must have hdmi as well. So, your wrong :)

how does it get 1080p from a dvd that only gets 720p, by upconverting nice try though
nikefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nikefreak

[QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]it upconverts to 1080p, so it's not true 1080pgatsbythepig

how does it get 1080p from a dvd that only gets 720p, by upconverting nice try though

rofl... Well, it upconverts DVD to that. It doesnt need to convert HD-DVD as it is 1080p native as well. This is no different than the PS3, as it cant magically make a DVD that is 480p into 1080p, nor can it make a native 720p game run at 1080p native. Nice try at talking about something you obviously dont understand.

EDIT - And before anyone tries the whole "DVD cant do HD" argument, that is false. How do I know? I have Fifth Element in 720p on a regular DVD atm. It takes up I think 4.2GB, using WM9 encoding. STANDARD DVDs manufactured with content in SD, of course cant be made into HD, however, HD content IS possible on standard DVDs... Even though that has nothing to do with this topic. :)

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gatsbythepig
[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="nikefreak"][QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]it upconverts to 1080p, so it's not true 1080pnikefreak

rofl... Well, it upconverts DVD to that. It doesnt need to convert HD-DVD as it is 1080p native as well. This is no different than the PS3, as it cant magically make a DVD that is 480p into 1080p, nor can it make a native 720p game run at 1080p native. Nice try at talking about something you obviously dont understand.

roll around on the floor really hard and laugh even harder The PS3 uses Blu-ray technology which produces 1080p. There is no upconversion. I own an xbox 360 and I love it but it uses DVD for games. DVD do not have the capability to deliver 1080p. It's that simple, please don't get mad. EDIT-HDDVD is capable of 720p and 1080i not 1080p unless there is upconversion, so even the movies the 360 have aren't true 1080p either. Look it up if you don't believe me.