Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imabigkidlook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 imabigkidlook
Member since 2004 • 391 Posts
I just bought the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter and it doesn't seem to be working. I connected it to my xbox 360 and it doesn't seem to detect it. The light on wireless adapter is red.
jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts

I just bought the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter and it doesn't seem to be working. I connected it to my xbox 360 and it doesn't seem to detect it. The light on wireless adapter is red. imabigkidlook

I'm not sure what you have to do, I've never had this problem with my WNA.

plagueseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 plagueseason
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
I just bought the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter and it doesn't seem to be working. I connected it to my xbox 360 and it doesn't seem to detect it. The light on wireless adapter is red. imabigkidlook
On the XBox 360 dashboard goto the System blade, then Network Settings, then select the third option, "Wireless Mode," and choose your hotspot and configure any encryption settings you might have. Another words, the network adapter is NOT plug and play. You actually have to configure it.
imabigkidlook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imabigkidlook
Member since 2004 • 391 Posts
i am unable to select the wireless mode. this option isn't highlighted to be selected
plagueseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 plagueseason
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
i am unable to select the wireless mode. this option isn't highlighted to be selectedimabigkidlook
Maybe try restoring to factory defaults? I don't know. The option is highlighted for me. Perhaps you have a defective adapter
GoldenVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GoldenVenom
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm actually experiencing the same problem as we speak. Hopefully I'll be able to find something on this tonight. Keep me posted if u find anything. :) Thanks!

kyle756

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kyle756
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
I've already taken back one adapter with same red light and unhighlighted network setting and got another one but it does the same thing, my Wii and PS3 however connect wirelessly just fine
Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
It may not be connected properly or in range. And is your modem compatible with X360's. I had the same problem, so I just unplugged it and turned off my X360, then I plugged it in again and turned it on and it worked fine after I entered my SSID.
marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

Wireless Adapter make sure ur router is around 10 feet of ur 360. or GET people to complain how much a Terrible LAgger you are since the wireless of 360 isn't N-WIFI it G-WIFI

G wifi is 12x less powerfull then -N WIFI
And Even tough WIFI Is usaly decrease ur internet speed up to 50% So If you connect to bad host from mexico & europe fell the amazing lag :( I wish the WORD LAG NEVER EXISTED in dictionary
WHEN WILL INTERNET PROVIDER WILL LEarn TO MAKE GOOD internet SPEED FOR LOW cost of money ..