xbox 360 slim odd odd problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ballyclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ballyclover
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

Hi Guys

I have an xbox 360 slim bought just over a year ago. The other day it just stopped working. The orange light on the power supply was lit.Took it down from its shelf and give it a good clean, dusting etc and checked all cables. Tried to get it on with nothing connected other than power, nothing,

The next morning, tried it again and it worked. Put it back on the shelve where is lives and again stopped working. An hour later its working again. Been working for last 4 days and today won't turn on again. Orange light is on power supply. I thought it may be an overheat problem, but was working last night when we turned it off.......Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Try with another power brick, the console may be fine but the power brick may not, just remember that unless you turn it off that thing is always turned on even if it is in rest mode.

ballyclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ballyclover

will do thank you

ballyclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ballyclover

just taken the brick apart and the fan unit was caked in dust, very heavy. Cleaned it with compressed air. Plugged in and still nothing. If it was the brick at fault why would it work one day and not the next?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@ballyclover said:

just taken the brick apart and the fan unit was caked in dust, very heavy. Cleaned it with compressed air. Plugged in and still nothing. If it was the brick at fault why would it work one day and not the next?

Because that´s how things work, right now they are fine, ten minutes later they are all messed up; I wish I could give a more logical explanation, but that´s how it happens.

ballyclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ballyclover

So plugged in and powered up xbox working fine. Very odd

ballyclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ballyclover

so gone off again. Tried a different power pack and still didn't work. Used my power pack on mates and works fine. Its the console at fault. Does any one have any ideas what this may be

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I know you probably don't want to hear it, but your best bet is contacting Microsoft as you might have to send the console in for a repair. We can't help you as the problem could be anything ranging from the power brick to the actual console.

ballyclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ballyclover

cheers