Xbox 360 motion controller comming out this year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
Controller
MARINE_B0Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MARINE_B0Y
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
pretty cool, pointless though imo after say an hour of two of games it won't be that fun anymore, i'll need some advil
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
oh dear
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
That looks totally fake.
canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 canadiankidd91
Lol. Check out the picture the "Source" gave. Is this some kind of late April Fools joke or are the developers out of ideas.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Rare is making the controller for an arcade game they have coming to the Marketplace. Itll end being like the Scene It controller where it only works with that 1 game.
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
Who wpouls give exclusive information such as this to MTV.com? Think about it; probably bad info.
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

While I'm not in support of BLATANT COPYING, I am of the belief that games with new controllers and interfaces CAN be highly successful. Thus a system (Wii) need not be built exclusively around such controls.

The ridiculous success of the Guitar Hero series, Rock Band and Wii Fit should make it clear that, if the accompanying games are fun and offer new experiences, then people will buy in droves even with the expensive price that comes with adding a unique controller.

Am I wrong?

bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts
Seriously?????....uuuum why Microsoft? Thats the Wiis thing it shouldnt have anything to do with the PS3 or 360.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

sounds fake. why would they "exclusively" tell MTV news?

geordie73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 geordie73
Member since 2007 • 334 Posts
i saw some scetches of proto motion controllers a few months back in an xbox mag, one looked pretty cool it snapped together to form a traditional controller
canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 canadiankidd91
MTV gets a lot of exclusive news first. They first unvieled Xbox 360 on MTV and on MTV.com they had the first announcement of the new 50 Cent game.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Well i wouldn't get one even if it turned out to be genuine.I got "The other" console that already has the motion sensor controller+i find it a total waste of space.Give me a rumble controller anytime.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
Motion sensing is a gimmick. Not interested.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Who wpouls give exclusive information such as this to MTV.com? Think about it; probably bad info.dinofan01

what the heck is wpouls?

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
meh, i saw a hack to getting that without buying a new controler...but i forogt how to do it i just remember person opening up the controller.
monkeysrule16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 monkeysrule16
Member since 2008 • 1209 Posts
i don't think this is a great idea. you will probably loose some gamers if they do
SNESGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SNESGOD
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

I really don't see the problem here,... it was highly likely, in my opinion, that Microsoft would eventually bring out some sort of motion sensng device, cosidering both other machines have this as standard. I think it will bring an intersting dynamic to an already stellar back catalogue of games on the 360,... not to say you will be able to use it on older games, but that it will bring a different perspective and add a higher level of interaction to sequels of franchises that have already made their mark,.. GEARS OF WAR 2 with motion sensing??!!! I, for one, am highly excited about the prospects of what this brings.

Besides, it may sound cliched these day,.. but "immitation is the highest from of flattery".

spydersvenom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 spydersvenom7
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

I do think this is legit, if it were april fool's day jokes it wouldn't have come out yesterday, and lets not forget the fact that Microsoft had MUCH more inventive April fool's day jokes on its main site. Having said that, this does not surprise me in the least. It worked for the Wii and Sony tried it, failed at it, and went back to the dual shock.

This is more of a novelty in thought, trust me, because I have seen few games on Wii, and basically NO games on PS3 that make good use of the motion feature (I guess Uncharted, but it barely EVER uses it). In most cases it just seems like a forced feature. If M$ wants to try it, fine, good luck, just make sure like the PS3, we can turn off the function or use non-motion controllers with every game, because I can assure you I won't be purchasing this. The PS3 Sixaxis sucked and I was so eager to get my dual shock 3 that I pre-ordered a japanese one and imported it. I don't even really like the Wii's functionality because the only publisher that can even remotely get it right is Nintendo, and even then it seems like a big-screen version of the DS.

Give me a traditional controller that uses dual analogs and the occassional vibration and I'm set. Motion controllers are a passing fad, I'm sure of it.

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
I hate motion controls! Hopefully, this will only be in a couple of games.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

I hope not! Or at least i hope there is an option to use it and games aren't designed around using it.

That's one thing that annoys me about the PS3 (haven't played the Wii since the first few days after launch) - with the PS3 you can choose whether to use the motion control or not , but if you choose not to use it the controller configuration to do the same thing usually sucks because the developers designed the game with motion control in mind.

When i play I just want to sit and play - if i want a stinkin work out I'll go to the gymn for Gods sake!

The ONE exception that has me drooling is the Wii remote for SW: TFU - conceptually that sounds cool to use it like a light saber - but then when you watch the video and see that the game actually displays the remote movements you're supposed to do on the screen - it reminded me why I no longer have a Wii. :)