Xbox 360 MMOs...

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Undead Labs Zombie MMO The working name is (C l a s s 4). It's an open-world post-zombie MMO. ( C l a s s 3 ) will be the co-op game released about a year prior over XBL. Expect an early 2012 release date for (C l a s s 3) and a late 2012 release date for the MMO at the earliest. (Xbox 360 exclusive) Update (6/3/11): Information page added to website.

Defiance It's a SyFy-Trion Worlds (maker of Rift) action MMO. DEFIANCE™ is the first multi-platform shooter MMO, that in a ground-breaking entertainment experience, interconnects with a global television program on Syfy. The game combines the intense action of a console third-person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart exudes the scope, story, and drama of a ****c sci-fi epic. Supposedly would come out in late 2011 along with the SyFy tv show. Update (6/3/11): Defiance article

Dugeon Fighter Online It's a side-scrolling action fighting game featuring role-playing elements five unique character c l a s s e s and player versus player Release date schedule for late 2011. Will use some sort of microtransation payment model. (Xbox 360 console exclusive)

Marvel Universe MMO - Being developed by Gazillion. Update (4/28/11): Only PC version is confirmed right now. At least a year away from release. Free to play.

Game that was previously announced for Xbox 360 but is unlikely to be released: The Secret World It's being developed by Funcom (Age of Conan) and that never came to the Xbox 360. I don't see any recent indication from Funcom that The Secret World will be coming to the Xbox 360. Update (4/7/11): Funcom says they're focusing on the PC version and a console version isn't in development at the moment. Funcom said the same exact thing about Age of Conan for the Xbox 360. Consider The Secret World canceled for the Xbox 360.

Other MMOs once listed but will never come out: Age of Conan, Huxley, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Kingdom Under Fire II, APB, Stargate Worlds, Marvel Universe Online (not the same one in development), etc., etc.

This is a list about MMOs currently in development so please don't post "you forget XYZ....and it's no longer in development". I listed a few canceled ones at the bottom so there would be no confusion in terms of their status.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts
It's nice to see some more RPG's, regardless if their MMO's, come to the 360. The zombie one looks actually pretty cool. I'm always down to shred a few zombies apart.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KC_Hokie
It's nice to see some more RPG's, regardless if their MMO's, come to the 360. The zombie one looks actually pretty cool. I'm always down to shred a few zombies apart.MLBknights58
I agree. I'm glad to see the list of Xbox 360 MMOs grow. The Dungeon Fighter one was just announced today.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
Have you heard any news on that Marvel MMO? I thought I heard that it had been announced a loooooong time ago and was eventually canceled.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KC_Hokie

Have you heard any news on that Marvel MMO? I thought I heard that it had been announced a loooooong time ago and was eventually canceled.Jurassic85
The Marvel MMO announced several years ago turned into Champions Online (they lost the Marvel license) and was developed by Cryptic.

There has been little news so far about the one in development. Don't expect it until mid to late 2012 at the earliest.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie
Update: New Dust 514 video from this weekend's EVE Fanfest.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Pumped for the zombie one, Better not be cancelled. Pre-ordering it.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KC_Hokie
Pumped for the zombie one, Better not be cancelled. Pre-ordering it.Wakanoid
Microsoft is the publisher so the odds are good that it will come out.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]Pumped for the zombie one, Better not be cancelled. Pre-ordering it.KC_Hokie
Microsoft is the publisher so the odds are good that it will come out.

Wasn't Microsoft the publisher of the original Marvel MMO that was turned into Champions (by the way Champions was also then slated to be released on the 360). So I would still say chances are still crap.

I really do hope Dungeon Fighter Online does end up getting onto the 360 because I've seen my brother play it on the PC and it looked pretty fun (oh and the fact that it is free).

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KC_Hokie

Wasn't Microsoft the publisher of the original Marvel MMO that was turned into Champions (by the way Champions was also then slated to be released on the 360). So I would still say chances are still crap.

I really do hope Dungeon Fighter Online does end up getting onto the 360 because I've seen my brother play it on the PC and it looked pretty fun (oh and the fact that it is free).

Agent_Kaliaver

Yea MS was the original publisher for the Cryptic Marvel MMO. Once Cryptic lost the Marvel license MS dropped the game. At that point the game wasn't attached to any IP and several months later they found the Champions IP. Plenty of MMO developers claim they wanted their MMOs on the Xbox 360 but never showed proof they could even run on the Xbox 360. Blaming MS seems to be a common trend among MMO developers who made promises they couldn't keep. Porting games is very expensive, time consuming, etc. For example, just porting the PC game Torchlight took 30 people over a year. That's not even am MMO.

Dungeon Fighter Online has MS as the publisher so the odds are very good that one comes out. It's also a side-scroller so it's not nearly as complicated as other MMOs. It's also going to be an arcade title not full retail game.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Agent_Kaliaver

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"] Wasn't Microsoft the publisher of the original Marvel MMO that was turned into Champions (by the way Champions was also then slated to be released on the 360). So I would still say chances are still crap.

KC_Hokie

Yea MS was the original publisher for the Cryptic Marvel MMO. Once Cryptic lost the Marvel license MS dropped the game. At that point the game wasn't attached to any IP and several months later they found the Champions IP. Plenty of MMO developers claim they wanted their MMOs on the Xbox 360 but never showed proof they could even run on the Xbox 360. Blaming MS seems to be a common trend among MMO developers who made promises they couldn't keep. Porting games is very expensive, time consuming, etc. For example, just porting the PC game Torchlight took 30 people over a year. That's not even am MMO.

Dungeon Fighter Online has MS as the publisher so the odds are very good that one comes out. It's also a side-scroller so it's not nearly as complicated as other MMOs. It's also going to be an arcade title not full retail game.

Well that and many of the previously announced MMOs had bad turn outs on the PC. Age of Conan and Champions Online both did surprisingly not so well. So that would certainly deter me from porting the game to the console. Oh and then there is Huxley.... It is going to become the Too Human of MMOFPS.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KC_Hokie

Well that and many of the previously announced MMOs had bad turn outs on the PC. Age of Conan and Champions Online both did surprisingly not so well. So that would certainly deter me from porting the game to the console. Oh and then there is Huxley.... It is going to become the Too Human of MMOFPS.Agent_Kaliaver
Basically if an MMO isn't developed specifically for a console or developed for consoles/PC simultaneously it never comes out. That's why the Secret World, for example, has the worst chance of coming out for the Xbox 360. Funcom said they would port Age of Conan after the PC launch. They basically said the same thing when the Secret World was announced. Who knows what the real status of the Secret World is. I'm betting once they actually put the requirements up that 'Xbox 360' won't be there.

ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

There have been tons of MMO's released for the 360 that were canceled. You shouldn't get your hopes up.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Agent_Kaliaver

There have been tons of MMO'sreleased for the 360 that were canceled.

ROFLCOPTER603

I would suggest re-reading that.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KC_Hokie

There have been tons of MMO's released for the 360 that were canceled. You shouldn't get your hopes up.

ROFLCOPTER603
Only two MMOs have been released for the Xbox 360 so far (FFXI, PSU). Neither has been 'canceled'.
UnsaidWarning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 UnsaidWarning
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts

Super stoked for The Secret World. Too bad it won't make it to 360.

It is so surprising how few MMO's are released for a console so amazingly designed for online play.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Agent_Kaliaver

Super stoked for The Secret World. Too bad it won't make it to 360.

It is so surprising how few MMO's are released for a console so amazingly designed for online play.

UnsaidWarning
It doesn't help that a lot of people don't know you don't need Gold to play MMOs. However, if you already do have Gold and then get an MMO then that makes two separate payments that will definitely be a big turn off for a lot of people.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
good research KC, thanks for the info. Hopefully at least one will turn out to be a AAA title
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

KC_Hokie

Only two MMOs have been released for the Xbox 360 so far (FFXI, PSU). Neither has been 'canceled'.

how something can be released and cancelled i will never know, but im pretty sure Huxley was an MMO in the works, cancelled now...last time i heard anyway

PictureGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PictureGame
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I know most people would disagree, but I want a Fusion Fall mmo for Xbox 360. Playstation gets Kingdom Hearts, so why not?
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts
2 things. I hope the Megaman MMO comes to America. And I hope it then makes it's way to the 360. Megaman and MMO's seem like an abomination of an idea, but I love Megaman so much it wouldn't matter.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KC_Hokie

2 things. I hope the Megaman MMO comes to America. And I hope it then makes it's way to the 360. Megaman and MMO's seem like an abomination of an idea, but I love Megaman so much it wouldn't matter.MLBknights58
Yea. That game not only has to be ported from PC to console (extremely rare) but first go from Asia to NA (as rare or more rare). The odds of that happening are close to zero.

Look at Monster Hunter Frontier Online for example. It's already on the Xbox 360 in Asia and has been for nine months but will never make it to the West. Capcom has zero interest bringing MHF to the West so porting a PC game then bringing it here has even worse odds.

ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

[QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

KC_Hokie

I worded that terribly.I meant that information about 360 mmos has been released, and then the games are canceled.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

ROFLCOPTER603

I worded that terribly.I meant that information about 360 mmos has been released, and then the games are canceled.

Oh. Well plenty of PC MMOs are announced and cancelled too. MMOs take so much time and money that it's not uncommon for them to get canceled. Especially when multiple platforms are announced.

The list of upcoming MMOs actually all have very good chances of making it to the Xbox 360. Most have been designed specifically with the Xbox 360 in mind and are deep into development.

xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts

Champions needs to get it's code finalized because if I can play it on my computer with a X360 controller native plugin made by Crptic THEY NEED TO RELEASE IT!

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KC_Hokie

Champions needs to get it's code finalized because if I can play it on my computer with a X360 controller native plugin made by Crptic THEY NEED TO RELEASE IT!

xexis
Not going to happen. That's why I listed it under 'not coming out'
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KC_Hokie

New Q & A post on Zombie MMO website.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KC_Hokie

Consider The Secret World officially canceled. Same exact story given for Age of Conan on the Xbox 360.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KC_Hokie

New video posted on Undead Labs' webpage showing their studio. In the last 15 seconds or so you can see a little bit of what the game will look like. Looks like Alan Wake graphically.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

Baaahhh.... damn you KC Hokie!!!

I clicked on your link to "Undead Labs", once again, and I will probably be stuck lurking on that website for the rest of the day, lol. That game is really getting me psyched.

I reeeeeaaalllly hope a new MMO comes to the 360, and all of your updates and keeping up to date and your dating of the keeps is awesome. Keep up the good date... I mean work...

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I would play a Trion Worlds MMO on the 360, if that was the only platform it released on. I'm iimpressed with Rift, though it's an amalgamation of most MMORPGs, it's solid and enjoyable. And if they keep bringing out content, I don't see why it wouldn't curbstomp WoW.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KC_Hokie

Baaahhh.... damn you KC Hokie!!!

I clicked on your link to "Undead Labs", once again, and I will probably be stuck lurking on that website for the rest of the day, lol. That game is really getting me psyched.

I reeeeeaaalllly hope a new MMO comes to the 360, and all of your updates and keeping up to date and your dating of the keeps is awesome. Keep up the good date... I mean work...

chasingmaynard
That game looks awesome from what little they have shown. Finally an MMO built just for a console. And the video shows there is actual progress.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KC_Hokie

I would play a Trion Worlds MMO on the 360, if that was the only platform it released on. I'm iimpressed with Rift, though it's an amalgamation of most MMORPGs, it's solid and enjoyable. And if they keep bringing out content, I don't see why it wouldn't curbstomp WoW.

airshocker
The Trion Worlds one sounds interesting. It's some sort of shooter linked into Syfy t.v. show. So what happens in the game is acted out in a t.v. show within a week.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

]The Trion Worlds one sounds interesting. It's some sort of shooter linked into Syfy t.v. show. So what happens in the game is acted out in a t.v. show within a week.KC_Hokie

Dusk 514 looks really solid, though.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]]The Trion Worlds one sounds interesting. It's some sort of shooter linked into Syfy t.v. show. So what happens in the game is acted out in a t.v. show within a week.airshocker

Dusk 514 looks really solid, though.

Yea. Being able to interact with Eve players and be grunt mercenaries sounds awesome. I'm surprised at how these games are receiving such little attention from Gamespot, IGN, etc. They could revolutionize console gaming. Call of Duty style online could be replaced by an MMOFPS like Dust 514.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yea. Being able to interact with Eve players and be grunt mercenaries sounds awesome. I'm surprised at how these games are receiving such little attention from Gamespot, IGN, etc. They could revolutionize console gaming. Call of Duty style online could be replaced by an MMOFPS like Dust 514. KC_Hokie

Bad advertising, or they're still a long way from being released. We'll see when they get closer to hitting the shelves, though.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Yea. Being able to interact with Eve players and be grunt mercenaries sounds awesome. I'm surprised at how these games are receiving such little attention from Gamespot, IGN, etc. They could revolutionize console gaming. Call of Duty style online could be replaced by an MMOFPS like Dust 514. airshocker

Bad advertising, or they're still a long way from being released. We'll see when they get closer to hitting the shelves, though.

We should be hearing some release dates soon. Dust 514, Defiance and Dungeon Fighter Online are supposed to come out in late 2011.
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

the marval game i thought to be dumped?

theres not even any info about it being made is there i checked on here a few months ago and it didnt have anything on it and it said pc only

chances are one out of all the ones mentioned will finally get on consoles. people dont want to pay to play. dcuo on ps3 is just about keeping going and we dont ahve to pay, i wont wana play a sub to xbl and a game fee

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KC_Hokie
I don't mind paying a fee to play. Sometimes you spend more with micro-transactions or charges for content vs. just the monthly fee.
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rawrB

I don't mind paying a fee to play. Sometimes you spend more with micro-transactions or charges for content vs. just the monthly fee. KC_Hokie

i dont mind man either, but sadly theres very few of us . and on the playstation people dont have fees to pay, and still it wasnt supported that well .

i hope they do take off but i came to realise we on consoles will never get a warcraft or a rift :(

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I don't mind paying a fee to play. Sometimes you spend more with micro-transactions or charges for content vs. just the monthly fee. rawrB

i dont mind man either, but sadly theres very few of us . and on the playstation people dont have fees to pay, and still it wasnt supported that well .

i hope they do take off but i came to realise we on consoles will never get a warcraft or a rift :(

MS is the publisher for the Zombie MMO so if any exceptions to the fees can be made they will be made for that game.

And Blizzard talked about porting WoW to consoles several times. I bet they port their next one over to the next generation of consoles.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

From a financial standpoint, anyone that is currently paying $15 a month for an MMO on the PC should be perfectly fine with paying $10 per month to play one on the 360.

I know I would. ($10 or $15)

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KC_Hokie

From a financial standpoint, anyone that is currently paying $15 a month for an MMO on the PC should be perfectly fine with paying $10 per month to play one on the 360.

I know I would. ($10 or $15)

chasingmaynard

I agree. I would be willing to pay for the game itself, for expansions and $10 a month along with the Xbox Live fee.

Xbox 360 MMO players (Phantasy Star Universe) are already paying $10 a month for it and have been for years. And it's a PS2 port.

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rawrB

i was like you guys wheni first got my console i used to love mmos, and my pc eventually died so playing games could only be done on my ps3 and 360 . but wow will never port to consoles theyv had tiny rumours about it before. and there will always be a fee on an mmo they need the up keep. to keep the game running and updating.

id love nothing more for mmos to take off on consoles id be the first to get them . but they wont work i dont think theres not enough people like us willing to pay. when dc came out on ps3 every post i made on the forum was people saying they dont wa nt to pay or its an awsome game but not wiling to pay. and i made quite a few topics and im not exagerating every one said the same thing

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Undead Labs Zombie MMO The working name is (C l a s s 4). It's an open-world post-apocalyptic zombie MMO. ( C l a s s 3 ) will be the co-op game released about a year prior over XBL. Expect an early 2012 release date for (C l a s s 3) and a late 2012 release date for the MMO at the earliest. (Xbox 360 exclusive)

Defiance It's a SyFy-Trion Worlds (maker of Rift) action MMO. Supposedly would come out in late 2011 along with the SyFy tv show. (Xbox 360 console exclusive)

Dugeon Fighter Online It's a side-scrolling action fighting game featuring role-playing elements five unique character c l a s s e s and player versus player Release date schedule for late 2011. Will use some sort of microtransation payment model. (Xbox 360 console exclusive)

Dust 514 is a console based MMOFPS within the EVE universe. Dust 514 players will interact with EVE players. Update (3/26/11): New video from EVE Fest 2011. DUST 514 requires full implementation of the EVE 'Incarna' expansion which will be released in stages. The first of which will be released this summer. A late 2011 or early 2012 release for DUST 514 is logical based on CCP's new theme for the next year..."Deliver". DUST 514 will use some sort of microtransation payment model.

Marvel Universe MMO - Being developed by Gazillion. Very little information so far on this one.

Game that was previously announced for Xbox 360 but is unlikely to be released: The Secret World It's being developed by Funcom (Age of Conan) and that never came to the Xbox 360. I don't see any recent indication from Funcom that The Secret World will be coming to the Xbox 360. Update (4/7/11): Funcom says they're focusing on the PC version and a console version isn't in development at the moment. Funcom said the same exact thing about Age of Conan for the Xbox 360. Consider The Secret World canceled for the Xbox 360.

Other MMOs once listed but will never come out: Age of Conan, Huxley, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Kingdom Under Fire II, APB, Stargate Worlds, Marvel Universe Online (not the same one in development), etc., etc.

This is a list about MMOs currently in development so please don't post "you forget XYZ....and it's no longer in development". I listed a few canceled ones at the bottom so there would be no confusion in terms of their status.

all those sound awesome.....stupid funcom...they should work on the console version first
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KC_Hokie

New Undead Labs Interview

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KC_Hokie

Dust 514 webpage launched Only first page available so far but this a good sign.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KC_Hokie
Jeff Strain, head of Undead Labs, in a response to a comment stated there are 14 ex-ArenaNet employees working on the Zombie MMO. That's a ton of talent and way more than I originally thought!
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I don't know how a zombie-mashing game could work as a MMO, but they have my support. If they can make it so it's a little like WoW then it could be awesome.

"a little like WoW": raid groups of 20+ people, inside special scenarios going against super zombies or monsters. Closed cities where everybody meets.

Could be interesting.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KC_Hokie
Defiance article added + Class 3 information page.