**Xbox 360 FAQ & Game Recommendation Thread v3.2**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
Yea i have Battlefield 2:CC for PC , I was just playing it, yea i like games where you have to work as a team to win and like i said a good single player!
uwiwami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 uwiwami
Member since 2008 • 334 Posts
How does the online in The Last Remnant work? Im going to get this if the online is good over Gears 2 because i've heard the online on Gears 2 takes forever to find a match. am i making the right decision?
mwokozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 mwokozi
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

What is the better buy? Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata?

I'm new to JRPGs but I do sort of understand them.

Overall, which game is better?

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#204 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts

What is the better buy? Tales of Vesperia or Eternal Sonata?

I'm new to JRPGs but I do sort of understand them.

Overall, which game is better?

mwokozi
Tales of Vesperia is a very good rpg, i haven't played Eternal Sonata yet i just ordered it online. Try both i'm sure they are both good for you. But maybe you should try Tales of Vesperia first.
lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#205 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

What shooter should i get, that IS NOT a Call of Duty, HALO, Gears, or Fallout 3?? I want it to have a solid singleplayer and a good online! I am going to get Halo 3 and Turok next weekend, i just got my 360 and i need some games!

I was thinking about getting Battlefield: Bad Company, is it any good and how is the multiplayer??

xmen1414
The single player is bleh, but the mp is great. Go for CoD5 or CoD4...CoD 5 is Call of Duty: World at War.
Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Storyteller89
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
I need QUICKLY recommendations for games wherrew I can be a RAMBO? yOU know what i mean, shoot stuff kill ppl blow shet up hit everythging just be as COOL FUKHA AS POSHIBLE!
Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts
^Mercenaries 2 can be a good Rambo game for you, but it's a third person shooter. Play it and don't let the minor glitches get to you, it's a fun game. Can get repetitive but you want to be Rambo right? rent it atleast.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I need QUICKLY recommendations for games wherrew I can be a RAMBO? yOU know what i mean, shoot stuff kill ppl blow shet up hit everythging just be as COOL FUKHA AS POSHIBLE!Storyteller89

Turok but i'd rent it first to see if it's for you. Lots of knife kills.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts
Ok, I have 3 games I wanna buy. They are Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2 & Call of Duty: World At War and wanted to know which is the best. I'd also mention that I don't use Xbox Live so Which would be the best for just playing single player, or Co Op with a friend.
Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts
Ok, I have 3 games I wanna buy. They are Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2 & Call of Duty: World At War and wanted to know which is the best. I'd also mention that I don't use Xbox Live so Which would be the best for just playing single player, or Co Op with a friend.Soilworkcob
Without a doubt buy CoD:WaW, it has 2 player split screen offline co-op and the campaign is a blast. Far Cry 2 doesn't have any offline co-op but I heard the single player is actually fun. I wanna play it one day cause I liked Mercenaries and this looks like almost the same type of game but in first person. I haven't played the game so don't know much else to say. Forget L4D, not sure if you have played the demo but it's mostly a co-op game with bad graphics and cheap gameplay. So ya go buy CoD:WaW, you won't be disappointed specially if you haven't played a CoD game.
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
is the last remnant worth buying?
Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Double0hFor
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts
Dead Space, Fallout 3, or Bioshock?
Sexytime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#213 Sexytime-
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
Dead Space, Fallout 3, or Bioshock?Double0hFor
You can get Bioshock for 9,99 on PC at best buy this friday. Dead Space is pretty good if you like Horror and Fallout 3 is good if you like RPGs.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
Gears of War 2- How is the Single Player, how many hours? And how is the online?
OR
Fable 2- How is the story, how many hours? Is the co-op good?
I don't know anything about Fable 2, could someone please explain?
WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts

Ok this is a hard choice.

I'm wondering if I should buy Left 4 Dead instead of Far Cry 2? I heard alot of bad stuff about Far Cry 2 and alot of good stuff about Left 4 Dead. But when I look at the gameplay videos of Far Cry 2, it seems that it looks like a fantastic game. So which one should I get?

kramer0024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#216 kramer0024
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

I'm looking at x-mas presents.

Have call of duty four,

and love the looks/graphics of Fallout3!

Should I:

ask for Call of duty: World at War-co op will be cool. which im hoping i not the same as 4 (a much as i want to believe it i NOT)

Ask for Fallout3

or just buy both!

and why? Thanks all!!!

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

heres a quick one... Geow 2 or L4D?Im really torn between the two...

btw, is it true that L4D will come with new custom content, and do you guys think that its free?

sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 sparda012
Member since 2006 • 2045 Posts
Should I trade in Fallout 3 and fable 2 in for The Last Remnant? I love JRPGs. I kind of thought Fable 2 wasn't great. Fallout 3 was fun but Idk if it was really worth it.
sparda012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 sparda012
Member since 2006 • 2045 Posts
Should I get the new banjo game of Lost Odyessy? I like both of the games but which do you think is better?
2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

Gears of War 2- How is the Single Player, how many hours? And how is the online?
OR
Fable 2- How is the story, how many hours? Is the co-op good?
I don't know anything about Fable 2, could someone please explain?
dylanmcc

Gears of war 2 has a really good single player that will last you at least 10 hours to beat. Also playing co-op campaign on insane with a friend is rather fun. As for Online, Well all i can say is "horde" mode is what you will most likely to be playing.

Fable 2 is a RPG game, you have 3 main fighting ****, melee, range, magic, you can fight with any of those ****, for me i play with all of the fighting ****, it gives more variety in combat. The story is really good imo, but way to short!. although there are many side quests which will last the longevity of the game alot longer. Co-op is a thumbs down for me. i didn't really like it because when you or your friend join each others game. you both cant be playing your own character. for example if you were to join your friends game. then you have to use a custom character. vice versa.

overall i like both games equally, so its really up to you what sort of games you want to be playing. Either gears of war 2 which is fun to play online. OR Fable 2 which really only focus on single player because co-op was really a let down experience for me.

omg apparently the word "s t y l e" is blurred out :( someone explain why? is this word forbidden. i dont get it

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts

Hey guys, I'm looking for the best RPG's available on the 360

I've got Fable II and Fallout 3 already so make recommendations around that...I've been thinking about oblivion, tales of vesperia and eternal sonata, can anyone give me advice on those along with other recommendations?

kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#222 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts

I've got Fable II and Fallout 3 already so make recommendations around that...I've been thinking about oblivion, tales of vesperia and eternal sonata, can anyone give me advice on those along with other recommendations?

HybridPhoenix
Tales of Vesperia is just awesome.I didnt think it was going to be so good but after I started playing I found out I was dead wrong, its one of the best RPG's ive played in awhile. Lost Odyssey was also good, if you are looking for a long RPG get this one.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

btw, is it true that L4D will come with new custom content, and do you guys think that its free?

Arclight_Blue
can anyone answer my question please?
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"]

Arclight_Blue

They are both great but I would go with L4D. The Gears 2 MP is almost broken imo. L4D may only have 4 campaigns but you WILL be replaying them over and over in different modes. (single, co-op, Versus.)

TheKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 TheKenny
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

HybridPhoenix

I'd have to say my favorite two RPGs on Xbox 360 are Oblivion and Mass Effect. Both had me playing games way more often than is probably healthy.

Lapsopdoik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Lapsopdoik
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or World Tour?

My brother has GH: Aerosmit and I have been thinking of getting it too, but now that GH: World Tour is out I dont know what to choose?!

As I understand it, World Tour has a new guitar but i wont be able to play with my brother over XBL or what?

And anyways is it even good GH: aerosmith or World Tour? I like Aerosmith music but if its just them, doesnt it get somewhat boring?

J1ng3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 J1ng3
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
dont be offended, but i HATED orange box. How ever, its is only 17.99 at gamestop, so if you wanna try it, go there.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 DJSAV_101

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or World Tour?

My brother has GH: Aerosmit and I have been thinking of getting it too, but now that GH: World Tour is out I dont know what to choose?!

As I understand it, World Tour has a new guitar but i wont be able to play with my brother over XBL or what?

And anyways is it even good GH: aerosmith or World Tour? I like Aerosmith music but if its just them, doesnt it get somewhat boring?

Lapsopdoik

I like the Aerosmith guitar but the fact that World Tour has a broader variety in music makes it the better game.

have your brother buy just the World tour game and you buy the guitar bundle and problem solved you can both enjoy the game together.

Frag_Reaper26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Frag_Reaper26

HybridPhoenix

Eternal Sonata doesn't get nearly enough love, was a great game with a pretty engaging combat system and gorgeus visuals, though the plot was a bit on the kiddy side.  Other than that, Mass Effect was nothing less than amazing, and Infinite Undiscovery by tri-aces is a solid title if you like the classic RPG type of game.   

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
Okay, time to repost: [QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Should I get Gears of War 1 before I get 2? Is the campaign long/good enough to make up for the lack of anyone playing online?Cherokee_Jack

YES i got both gears and so far im not regretting it im on act 4 on g1 havent even opened g2 cant wait!!!
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
[QUOTE="Frag_Reaper26"][QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]

Eternal Sonata doesn't get nearly enough love, was a great game with a pretty engaging combat system and gorgeus visuals, though the plot was a bit on the kiddy side.  Other than that, Mass Effect was nothing less than amazing, and Infinite Undiscovery by tri-aces is a solid title if you like the classic RPG type of game.   

hmm, I heard infinite was a flop..I'll look into it some more
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#232 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"]

Arclight_Blue

easy gears of war. l4d is good game but only 5 chaps doing the samething over an over will get boring. played the demo good couple times and i got bored of it 

gears of war will be played for a good year

mobtown_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 mobtown_boy
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts

Should I get Fable I or Fable II?

I'm hearing from a lot of people that Fable II isn't worth $60

Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#234 Ottosmann
Member since 2006 • 7058 Posts

Should I get Fable I or Fable II?

I'm hearing from a lot of people that Fable II isn't worth $60

mobtown_boy
In my opinion its worth it, it's short but you can replay it. I'd get Fable II.
IndieShotYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 IndieShotYou
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
Christmas is coming around the corner and it will be one of the few times this year, that I will be able to see my younger brother. He already has quite a few of the blockbuster titles for the 360, as far as I know. That being said, I was thinking about purchasing Mirrors Edge or Quantum of Solace for him. I realize that the reviews for Quantum of Solace are not exactly ideal but from playing the demo for Mirrors Edge, I can tell it would not exactly be his cup of tea. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
JnrIvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 JnrIvan
Member since 2004 • 65 Posts

This is my plan for Friday: L4D @ GS for $50, DS @ Target for $30 and RSV2 @ GameCrazy for $10.

But I just found at Newegg: Forza 2, Naruto for $20, Blue Dragon for $15 and PGR4 for $16.

My question is, which titles would be more fun overall? The recent or the older ones?

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DJSAV_101

This is my plan for Friday: L4D @ GS for $50, DS @ Target for $30 and RSV2 @ GameCrazy for $10.

But I just found at Newegg: Forza 2, Naruto for $20, Blue Dragon for $15 and PGR4 for $16.

My question is, which titles would be more fun overall? The recent or the older ones?

JnrIvan

Recent ones that you have listed there.

Brawl55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Brawl55
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts
Once I get my 360 which game should I get first? Halo 3,NFS:Undercover,COD5,or Left 4 Dead.
skidudeone27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#239 skidudeone27
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts

If your looking for RPGS - Fallout 3, Fable II, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Lost Odyssey in my opinion are the best RPGs for 360 at the moment.

Good shooters - call of duty 4, call of duty world at war, gears of war 2, battlefield bad company, and rb6 vegas 1 and 2

Other good games include - GTA 4, Stars Wars Force unleashed, dead space, halo 3, endwar, left for dead

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts
i need a quick answer. i want to go and buy a game tomorrow, the only two games the interest me are, gtaIV and the last remnant.
you can also recommend me a game, anything RPG or Openworld.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

Is Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead very active online and how is the experience online on these 2 games as a whole?I've already got Gears 2 and i'm buying the adapter to see if its worth it if you know any other worthy and active games for online please reccomend.

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
Hey, I would like one of these games and I'm wondering which one has more replay value. Tales of Vesperia, Fable 2, Fallout 3, or Saints Row 2.
N0han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 N0han
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

Hey, I would like one of these games and I'm wondering which one has more replay value. Tales of Vesperia, Fable 2, Fallout 3, or Saints Row 2.nelfer320

That would be either ToV or F3. Fable 2 is a good rpg but its not nearly as long as the other 2. Saints Row is sandbox so you could make it as long as you want but I guess that after 20/30 hours you've seen most (not 100% sure). Tov and Fallout 3 both are long rpg-games. It depends on what you prefer, post-nucleair with guns and vat-system. Or an animé based JRPG with some WRPG mixes in it. Im still deciding between the 2 aswell. 

Storyteller89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Storyteller89
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Are Motorstrom 1 & 2 too hard or good? I dont want too hard games, i hate playing them!

ALso, i want more recommendations for JUST BLOWING STUFF UP AND HAVING LOTS OF FUN RAMBO STYLE!

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 nelfer320

Are Motorstrom 1 & 2 too hard or good? I dont want too hard games, i hate playing them!

ALso, i want more recommendations for JUST BLOWING STUFF UP AND HAVING LOTS OF FUN RAMBO STYLE!

Storyteller89
Motorstorm is on the PS3.
moh-asery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 moh-asery
do i have to buy wireless adapter in xbox360 go pro
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 nelfer320
do i have to buy wireless adapter in xbox360 go promoh-asery
I would recommend using an ethernet cable since the wireless adapter for the 360 is about $100 bucks.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"][QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"]

k2theswiss

easy gears of war. l4d is good game but only 5 chaps doing the samething over an over will get boring. played the demo good couple times and i got bored of it 

gears of war will be played for a good year

Actually it's four chapers and each has 5 levels in it. There's also versus for two chapters which is amazing fun if you get two good teams. The DLC will more than likely not be free because MS will want to charge. It's so much fun being the infected i guarantee if you enjoyed the demo you'd love the full version. With the Ai director things change everytime and versus just gets so tactical. In my opinion it's the best online game out currently. If you play it on normal you should beat each chapter in around 1 hours and 15ish minutes. On expert you'll more than likely double the time andf it'll be a real challenge.

The game's far too easy on normal but on advanced it feels perfect. After you play a few rounds of advanced you'll be ready for expert as long as you find a great team. It's probably got the best replayability i've seen in a game. I've went through the game so many times i just can't remember anymore. At least 50 hours and i'm not even slightly bored.

meme378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 meme378
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts

I want a rhythm game and i decided that i want one of the guitar hero games as you can't buy the rock band disc bundled with just the guitar. Anyway, for someone who hasn't owned a guitar hero game, would you recommend Guitar hero 3 or guitar hero World tour?

I'm not really fussed about the music creating thing- i just want to play the game. Which has the better songs in your opinion?

moh-asery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 moh-asery

can i play online level on arced game

can i download arced  game of xboxlife free