Xbox 360 doesnt work on my phillips lcd 32" tele but works on an old televi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tbag23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tbag23
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Recently accuired a phillips LCD 32" television to replace my old 27" big televison of about fifteen years. However im struggling to get a picture on the phillips television through my xbox. I have tried all scarts (side, and two in back) and get some sound but a purple/grey picture. I know its not my xbox as it works on the old television fine. Anybody know what it could be?
DropTarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DropTarget
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

If you are connecting to your television through the component cables (Red, Green, and Blue) then you need to set the little switch on the part of the video cable that connects to the 360 to HDTV. Afterwards, go to the System Settings and make sure the resolution is set to match your television. You should then be good to go.

Avatar image for theintrospect79
theintrospect79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 theintrospect79
Member since 2004 • 2796 Posts

Have you swithced the HDTV/SDTV switch to HDTV on the back of the AV/Component cable?

tbag23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tbag23
i am only connecting through the red yellow and white cables on the side not the hdmi cables. i have an elite but as far as im aware its not a hd cable
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Make sure you're plugging the yellow cable into the proper port. You'll get the worst possible SD image, but you shouldn't be getting the weird color issues you're describing. Either way, i'd suggest hopping on Amazon and picking up a $2 HDMI cable and step your picture quality game up.
tbag23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tbag23
Make sure you're plugging the yellow cable into the proper port. You'll get the worst possible SD image, but you shouldn't be getting the weird color issues you're describing. Either way, i'd suggest hopping on Amazon and picking up a $2 HDMI cable and step your picture quality game up.Senor_Kami
Just bumping this for more opinions. I tried it again last night and the picture just came on and then went off straight away but still sound and a funny colour on screen. Like i say it does work on all other teles in my house and the sky and freeview work on all the scarts on the tele so its not the scarts on the tele either. Which makes me think its the setup of the television? shouldnt scarts be plug in and play?
tbag23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tbag23
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]Make sure you're plugging the yellow cable into the proper port. You'll get the worst possible SD image, but you shouldn't be getting the weird color issues you're describing. Either way, i'd suggest hopping on Amazon and picking up a $2 HDMI cable and step your picture quality game up.tbag23
Just bumping this for more opinions. I tried it again last night and the picture just came on and then went off straight away but still sound and a funny colour on screen. Like i say it does work on all other teles in my house and the sky and freeview work on all the scarts on the tele so its not the scarts on the tele either. Which makes me think its the setup of the television? shouldnt scarts be plug in and play?

can someone help guys its driving me insane having a new televison and still having to play my xbox on my old tele
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

The TV plugins sound messed up but I am not sure. Never had anything bad happen to a Phillips. No problems

tbag23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tbag23

The TV plugins sound messed up but I am not sure. Never had anything bad happen to a Phillips. No problems

LostSoul781
but they cant be as freeview and dvd player work fine in the same slots. its really annoying me!
n_niao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 n_niao
I am having the same problem with my 360 too on my 32 Philips Lcd. The sound comes through but not the picture, I tried the game out on my rear projection & the 360 worked fine, Ps3 & Dvd works fine on my Lcd too so I know there is nothing wrong with my Lcd. I googled for trouble shooting & 1 answer that had stood out is changing the resolution settings on your 360 console to the same resolution as your Lcd. I havent tried it yet but if you have found an answer for both of our problems then I would love to hear it
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts

Well why not try Phillips tech support as an option?

The second thing I have to ask is why are you NOT using the component cables or even HDMI to link up your 360?!?! You have an LCD TV surely it has connections and HD > SD any day of the week!!

n_niao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 n_niao

Well why not try Phillips tech support as an option?

The second thing I have to ask is why are you NOT using the component cables or even HDMI to link up your 360?!?! You have an LCD TV surely it has connections and HD > SD any day of the week!!

Anabub
1. theres nothing wrong with my Lcd. 2. my 360 didnt come with an HDMI cord for the 360. 3. Ps3 works fine on my tv, xbox does too, as well as ps2. And lastly if I want to come on this site looking for answers instead of going to Philips then there is no darn harm in that, isnt there!
Avatar image for YankeesNYC4life
YankeesNYC4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YankeesNYC4life
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts

no 360's come with the hdmi cord, and the BEST thing to do is to use an hdmi cord not the standard cables, it makes a difference, and i seen many hdmi wires for around $8. if nothing else helps call phillips or 360 customer support

Oey666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oey666
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts
Seems to me that the video cable, the yellow one, is broken. If you bought an elite you could still use the red, green and blue cable though.
n_niao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 n_niao

no 360's come with the hdmi cord, and the BEST thing to do is to use an hdmi cord not the standard cables, it makes a difference, and i seen many hdmi wires for around $8. if nothing else helps call phillips or 360 customer support

YankeesNYC4life
No, not all 360s come with the HD cord. I got the Arcade pack & it the Hd cord isnt included
n_niao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 n_niao
Yep its definitely the yellow that is not functioning properly. The lads fiddled around with both the Tv & the 360, managed to get the picture on after changing the Tv settings but it still wasnt perfect. Will get the HD cord, that seems to be the best answer by far
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
The standard cable that ships with the X360 has composite outputs for SD (yellow + audio) and component for HD (R, G, B + audio). Sounds like you've had it set to HD on the cable's switch selector but still been plugging in the yellow to your TV.
n_niao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 n_niao
What does that mean? Again, here in New Zealand the 360 arcade pack doesnt include HD cords.... I only have the red/white/yellow cord
RichFrenchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By RichFrenchy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I recently received a philips LED TV and have been trying to connect my xbox 360 Elite to it. However the the video/yellow component does not seem to work properly, and both other red and white components are correctly plugged in. I can hear sounds but the image is non-apparent (I am not using HD). When I plug the yellow component in, for a split second I can see the home screen of the xbox menu page, but then switches to a grey screen shortly after. I tried moving the cable around, plugging it in and out but nothing seems to work. The image shows for a split second and turns to grey again if pulled in and out. I went through the manual, tried reseting the video settings, but that failed. I am wondering what is wrong. (Specs: PHILIPS 28PW9509, Pixel plus-2, 180W, 1.2W, 166KW). It is not an issue with the yellow component itself since it works on my other Samsung TV.

Furthermore, on my samsung LED TV, it works fine, but i wanted to replace it because the bright colors such as yellow, orange and white turn to red as I play after a few minutes. Is there a way to fix that issue? or is it that my TV is just too old? (Specs: CW-28D83N, 230V, 50Hz, 95WATTS).

So if any of those two issues could be fixed any useful help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Frenchy