WTF happened to EGM?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrArmageddon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrArmageddon8
Member since 2007 • 6846 Posts
Wow, I just got the new issue and it's crap. For one there is NO new info in this issue for anything! The only reason I subscribed to this magazine is that it use to have awesome previews for game and was packed with tons of new info on them. But the last like 5 issues have been nothing but regurgitated news bits that are at least 1-2 mouths old. On top of that their reviews are very unbalanced and usually just bash decent games just because it's not the reviewers type of game genre(but they kind of anyways been).
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

I am not sure if this is a right forum to post this. But, I hear what you are saying. I used to love EGM for their previews, and news. I also liked their magazine for just about everything. Now, it is just not as good as it used to be like 1-2 years ago.

I am lately interested in more Gamepro issue than EGM.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

GameInformer is the best for reviews imo, OXM is alright.

Captain9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Captain9099
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts
Something happened about 2 months ago that angered mainly every major publisher, there going to get second hand info for a while!
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
They gave Assasins Creed a bad review so now they are in the so called publishers doghouse..........
emotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emotaku
Member since 2004 • 162 Posts

Something happened about 2 months ago that angered mainly every major publisher, there going to get second hand info for a while!Captain9099

By that you mean review/preview games as they saw fit. Anyhoo they're only affected by Ubisoft/Sony sports game so no huge implications.

Lack of new content isn't a huge dealio for me, I've been getting EGM free for 2ish years now thanks to those lovely Joystiq offers.

kylet6891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kylet6891
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
I don't like their magazine, but their mother site's (1up.com) "The 1up Show" is amazing. I would highly recommend that because the are very constructive with their previews/reviews there.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
EGM is terrible these days, back in the day it was great, but as soon as the new owners took over its gone WAY down hill imo
MrArmageddon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrArmageddon8
Member since 2007 • 6846 Posts

EGM is terrible these days, back in the day it was great, but as soon as the new owners took over its gone WAY down hill imo kozzy1234

Well I didn't know they had new owners. Guess that explains it.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

[QUOTE="Captain9099"]Something happened about 2 months ago that angered mainly every major publisher, there going to get second hand info for a while!emotaku

By that you mean review/preview games as they saw fit. Anyhoo they're only affected by Ubisoft/Sony sports game so no huge implications.

Lack of new content isn't a huge dealio for me, I've been getting EGM free for 2ish years now thanks to those lovely Joystiq offers.

Really? What kind of offers are these?

cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
I used to really enjoy EGM but on top of the reasons all you guys mentioned the thing that really got me was their letters section. it used to be fun when they occasionally made fun of someone but now its just non stop making fun of the people that right in often times not even answering the question. Evenm the prizes they started giving sucked.
War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts

GameInformer is the best for reviews imo, OXM is alright.

jamejame

I agree. GI has been my gaming magazine of choice for the past two years.