wrong controller light on the console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

God_Emporer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 God_Emporer
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

I just got my 360 back again from being repaired, and when I turn the controller on, the green light on the console lights up for the third controller, not the first. If I turn on a second controller, the light for the first comes on. Do I need to worry about this? Everything else seems to work just fine.

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

I just got my 360 back again from being repaired, and when I turn the controller on, the green light on the console lights up for the third controller, not the first. If I turn on a second controller, the light for the first comes on. Do I need to worry about this? Everything else seems to work just fine.

God_Emporer

There's a way to fix it probably, try switching the battery packs around. But if everything is working fine then you shouldn't really need to fix it. Unless you're one of those people who is OCD about which controller they use lol.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11943 Posts

The same thing happened to mine, except the light switches back and forth intermittently. It's been this way for about a year now and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
It's most likely a fault with the position sensor. The first player is meant to be the top left quadrant, but obviously that will change whether you have your 360 horizontal or vertical. There is a small sensor inside the 360 that is meant to detect this and this can sometimes get stuck. Since the 3rd quadrant comes on for the first controller, and the 1st comes on for the second, I'm thinking you have your console positioned flat, but it thinks it is vertical. If you just got it back from repairs, call MS and tell them about it. Then decide if you want to be without it again for a couple of weeks while they repair it, or decide to live with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 09091988
Member since 2004 • 593 Posts
I have the same problem. I stand my console up, so any vibration causes the lights to move position because it thinks i'm laying it down flat! I've had this problem for 2 years but it's not causing any problems with the console as a whole.
God_Emporer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 God_Emporer
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

Cool, thanks for the replies- its comforting knowing that Im not the only one with this, and that it doesnt affect gameplay :) I dont really want to stand it up, and the wrong light really doesnt bother me in an OCD way. I will call MS to see if they can (or will) do anything, but I can live with it, looks like.