Will you purchase MW3 or Battlefield 3 and why?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icybl00d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 icybl00d3d
Member since 2006 • 779 Posts

Very curious about this, I'm not here to bash on any of them, seriously they are both great games. Just buy your favorite or maybe both and enjoy!!!!

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

battlefield 3a game on a new engine with amazing physics and isnt the same game since 07

d0mRB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 d0mRB
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

battlefield 3 a game on a new engine with amazing physics and isnt the same game since 07

redskins26rocs

This battlefield 3 is fresh and looks amazing. TBH we have all played MW 3 before, like for the past 4 games, it won't different at all.

DumbPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DumbPanda
Member since 2011 • 379 Posts

Neither :shock: Not a huge fan of shooters.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
Neither, because I'm burned out on shooters, especially "realistic" military shooters.
Dpizzle515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dpizzle515
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
I'll probably pick up both eventually but I'm more excited for Battlefield 3, and I never really played the past Battlefields, this one just looks like it is going to be awesome. And I loved MW, but MW3 just looks....Idk too much of the same.
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts

battlefield 3a game on a new engine with amazing physics and isnt the same game since 07

redskins26rocs
Actually the console versions of Battlefield 3 use the same engine as Bad Company 2.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'll be getting both. Both games look awesome.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

Here's my problem with Battlefield, people say that its a lot less of a lone wolf game and I don't think that's true. Every game mode (in BFBC2) is based on having a certain number of tickets (lives) and when the run out, the game is over. How is this ANYTHING other than a glorified Team Death Match? Sure you can capture flags, plant bombs, but ultimately the game ends after a certain number of kills. And yes, you can repair vehicles, and spot, and whatnot. But how often does the average random take advantage of all of these features, or even use a dang headset? Rarely.

Sure you can tell me that its much better if you play with friends (which is what I prefer). But couldn't the same be said about CoD? Playing it with friends can make the experience much more fun and team-based. I like both games, but BF elitists need to get over themselves. The average message board posts would lead one to believe that BF is undeniably bettet than CoD, but the sales figures say the exact opposite! It just goes to show that many who hate on CoD online still buy and play it, and love it.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#11 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Neither, I'm tired of the whole modern era shooter thing and I've played my fill Call of Duty and Battlefield. Gears of War 3 and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will be my shooters for this year.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]

Brean24
Actually the console versions of Battlefield 3 use the same engine as Bad Company 2.

No, it uses a modified version of the Frostbite 2 engine. Wherever you heard otherwise, it was wrong.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar

Here's my problem with Battlefield, people say that its a lot less of a lone wolf game and I don't think that's true. Every game mode (in BFBC2) is based on having a certain number of tickets (lives) and when the run out, the game is over. How is this ANYTHING other than a glorified Team Death Match? Sure you can capture flags, plant bombs, but ultimately the game ends after a certain number of kills. And yes, you can repair vehicles, and spot, and whatnot. But how often does the average random take advantage of all of these features, or even use a dang headset? Rarely.

Sure you can tell me that its much better if you play with friends (which is what I prefer). But couldn't the same be said about CoD? Playing it with friends can make the experience much more fun and team-based. I like both games, but BF elitists need to get over themselves. The average message board posts would lead one to believe that BF is undeniably bettet than CoD, but the sales figures say the exact opposite! It just goes to show that many who hate on CoD online still buy and play it, and love it.

Jurassic85

The difference is the addition of actual support classes (medic w/health, assault w/ammo etc. Also the ability to spot enemies for one another w/the back button. The reliance on others for destruction of cover, counter-sniping. . .I could go on and on. The difference is massive between these two franchises in terms of cooperative gameplay. It's not as simple as the number of kills required to finish a match.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jurassic85

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

HilbillyRokstar

The difference is the addition of actual support classes (medic w/health, assault w/ammo etc. Also the ability to spot enemies for one another w/the back button. The reliance on others for destruction of cover, counter-sniping. . .I could go on and on. The difference is massive between these two franchises in terms of cooperative gameplay. It's not as simple as the number of kills required to finish a match.

You clearly didn't read my post. My point was, how many people take advantage of those features? The BF community is no better than the CoD community, but both are great games when played with friends. I've noticed you started following me around the forums again, why?

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

I'll buy both games. Why?
CoD: MW3 for the storyline.

Battlefield 3 for the multiplayer.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

Jurassic85

You clearly didn't read my post. My point was, how many people take advantage of those features? The BF community is no better than the CoD community, but both are great games when played with friends. I've noticed you started following me around the forums again, why?

I could care less about you. I merely posted a response to the comment. My friends and I communicate constantly in BC2, and only occasionally in MW2 or Black Ops, with the the exception of Nazi zombies.(which to some people happens to be the best part of the CoD series)
robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

Im getting both i know BF3 mp gona be good but dont know if mw3 mp is dont want another blops and that preak flak jacket.I like expolsion and blops was a joke it lack fun and i hope mw 3 and has fun factor.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jurassic85

I could care less about you. I merely posted a response to the comment. My friends and I communicate constantly in BC2, and only occasionally in MW2 or Black Ops, with the the exception of Nazi zombies.(which to some people happens to be the best part of the CoD series)HilbillyRokstar

Thanks. You proved my point, both games are best played with friends.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]I could care less about you. I merely posted a response to the comment. My friends and I communicate constantly in BC2, and only occasionally in MW2 or Black Ops, with the the exception of Nazi zombies.(which to some people happens to be the best part of the CoD series)Jurassic85

Thanks. You proved my point, both games are best played with friends.

Maybe you should read your own post. The main difference is the level of cooperative effort, not the amount of fun. Regardless of your opinion.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jurassic85

Maybe you should read your own post. The main difference is the level of cooperative effort, not the amount of fun. Regardless of your opinion.HilbillyRokstar

1. If that's the case then why buy one game over the other? If according to you, they are equally fun? That is not logical.

2. I never said that one is more fun than the other. My point is that the communities are the same type of player (lone wolves) unless you are playing with friends. People make BF seem like this big group of team players, it is not. You can't really comment on this as it sounds like your only experience is playing with friends.

3. Yes what I said if my opinion, but what you said is your opinion also. You can't state your thoughts as fact and belittle the thoughts of others as "opinion". That's not how the world works, friend.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I'll make a shorter version of my msg.

BOTH ;D

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Maybe you should read your own post. The main difference is the level of cooperative effort, not the amount of fun. Regardless of your opinion.Jurassic85

1. If that's the case then why buy one game over the other? If according to you, they are equally fun? That is not logical.

2. I never said that one is more fun than the other. My point is that the communities are the same type of player (lone wolves) unless you are playing with friends. People make BF seem like this big group of team players, it is not. You can't really comment on this as it sounds like your only experience is playing with friends.

3. Yes what I said if my opinion, but what you said is your opinion also. You can't state your thoughts as fact and belittle the thoughts of others as "opinion". That's not how the world works, friend.

I can state my point any way I want, "friend". I have played both games, with and without friends. Don't make assumptions about people you have never met. Battlefield is a superior cooperative experience, by design. Thereby making it a better game for people playing as a group (aka friends). IMO

Peanutbutterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Peanutbutterz
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

I'll buy MW3 because I enjoy playing it more, and I'm pretty good at CoD. Battlefield just doesn't have anything that makes me keep coming back like CoD does.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jurassic85

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Maybe you should read your own post. The main difference is the level of cooperative effort, not the amount of fun. Regardless of your opinion.HilbillyRokstar

I can state my point any way I want, "friend". I have played both games, with and without friends. Don't make assumptions about people you have never met. Battlefield is a superior cooperative experience, by design. Thereby making it a better game for people playing as a group (aka friends). IMO

Please stop trying to put words in the mouths of other posters. There is no excuse for you to argue any this any further. Thank you.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

Jurassic85

Please stop trying to put words in the mouths of other posters. There is no excuse for you to argue any this any further. Thank you.

I never did that. Goodbye:P

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Well I'd purchase MW3 for the storyline and a little fun from the game and for BF3 I'd like to see how it is( I know it'll be awesome) and have some fun, those games are good.

MW3 is pretty much the same, except its MW2 and BO combined with a little cod4 sauce

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Both, definitely..
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Both Call of Duty for the fun factor and Battlefield for the team factor
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Prob neither, but if most my friends pick up one or the other I prob will

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

i'll be getting MW3 before Battlefield 3. battlefield 3 looks really good but i'm a bigger fan of COD. MW2 gave me many hours of fun.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Battlefield 3, it looks new and fresh.. Don't get me wrong, CoD has offered tons of days of entertainment, but it really is just a re-skin over and over again. My first military FPS online was Bad Company, then I jumped on the CoD bandwagon with MW 2 and Black Ops.. Now its time for Battlefield 3...
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#32 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Im gonna be buying Battlefield 3 due to the face that BFBC2 online was amazing.It was totally a better game in every way.I will however be renting MW3 cause I know its gonna be the game to play ,according to everyone.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#33 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Battlefield 3. I haven't played much BF, so it'll feel very fresh to me. And besides, BF 3 looks a little different from the other BF games. As for MW 3, it all looks the same. With BF, I feel like things at least change a little with every game. But for CoD, it all feels the same. Black Ops felt just like MW 2 to me. I couldn't notice a real difference.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"].Please stop trying to put words in the mouths of other posters. There is no excuse for you to argue any this any further. Thank you.

mrsniper83

I never did that. Goodbye:P

Wow, bunch of cry babys....wahhhhhhh wahhhhhh.Take that crap somewhere else.

Whatever, my comments all went back to the forum topic, most of what he said was meant to be personal. How would you respond?

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
im rather tired of the CoD games ( and most FPS's for that matter, the lack of gore really bugs me among other things, such as snipers in MP maps that are usually always small urban settings, and the fact that they no scope, both pretty much are poinltess when it comes to snipers ) i really loved Battle field bad company, never got the 2nd, have some interest in the new battlefield but i doubt i'll get that aswell might just end up with gears 3 as my shooter for the year
Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

both for me

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Either just BF3 or both. Not sure about MW3 right now, but I will probably pick it up because of how many of my friends will be playing it.

If Jurassic calls BF game modes "glorified TDM" in one more thread, I'm gonna lose it :|. We get it, you think that, but that statement is really pretty weak. I won't even start, but really, it's getting old now.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#39 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Probably both, simply because I loved the original MW and want to see where the story goes. I'm sure it'll be fun too.. just the same game as the last four CoDs.. BF3 looks amazing, and that series never lets me down. And it's not "glorified TDM" lol..
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
BF3 for 360 MW3 for ps3 because i like fps games
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

Both

Battlefield 3, because the new Frostbite engine looks awesome, and i've always been a sucker for new tech.

Modern Warfare 3, because most of the people on my friend's list will be playing it, and I'd rather play games online with the people I know; it's a much better experience.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Neither.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#43 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Both but for the ps3 though.
DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts
I'm pretty torn on this, honestly, I've recently started playing BF:BC2, and I love it, but I still love CoD.. By the time these games come out, I'm gonna have $120 to spend, and $60 is dedicated to Skyrim.. CoD (IMO) has a better story line generally, but BF's MP really hooked me. Choices Choices.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts

The average message board posts would lead one to believe that BF is undeniably bettet than CoD, but the sales figures say the exact opposite!Jurassic85
Because we all know that sales define a games quality. :roll:

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jurassic85

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]The average message board posts would lead one to believe that BF is undeniably bettet than CoD, but the sales figures say the exact opposite!ch2423

Because we all know that sales define a games quality. :roll:

You know what's funny? If you check the scores on Metacritic, which is a culminatation of scores from a ton of reviewers, the scores of BC2 and Black Ops are almost exactly the same on each platform. So what does determine quality? Its personal preference, but it is generally agreed upon that quality-wise these games are basically the same.

Also you took my quote out of context. My point was that the general opinion on message boards contradicts sales figures, implying that a lot of people online just say what they think others want to hear, but their purchases say otherwise.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
MW3, coz of the fast paced multiplayer, i didnt like bad company 2 multiplayer, if its not the same, i'll get them both.
TRSSaiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 TRSSaiful
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

pick both and only shooter game I will buy this year

WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

Jurassic85

I somewhat agree with you.

When BFBC2 is at its best; your squad is cooperating and communicating, there is a good balance of all classes, etc., I feel that I enjoy BFBC2 more. There is something really cool about having the right balance of classes and people who can use them effectively And, in my experience, players in BFBC2 do tend to communicate more.

Having said that, more often than not, people do "lone-wolf" itin both games objective based modes. And, to me, it tends tobe more detrimental to the BFBC2 experience because usually it means that you have people favoring 1-2 classes over the others, particularly the Scout class.

On topic, I will most likely get BF3. I have not decided on MW3.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

WardCleaver02

I somewhat agree with you.

When BFBC2 is at its best; your squad is cooperating and communicating, there is a good balance of all classes, etc., I feel that I enjoy BFBC2 more. There is something really cool about having the right balance of classes and people who can use them effectively And, in my experience, players in BFBC2 do tend to communicate more.

Having said that, more often than not, people do "lone-wolf" itin both games objective based modes. And, to me, it tends tobe more detrimental to the BFBC2 experience because usually it means that you have people favoring 1-2 classes over the others, particularly the Scout class.

On topic, I will most likely get BF3. I have not decided on MW3.

Yea, but the "lone wolf" players are detrimental to the Battlefield experience, not so much on CoD.