widescreen LCD display problem with Xbox 360 VGA av cable

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Isbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Isbah
Member since 2016 • 3 Posts

hi guys i want your help.

i have a widescreen LCD monitor 19 inches.

i also have a Xbox 360 which i connected to LCD through VGA av cable.i experienced abnormality with display.It gives stretched display.when i set resolution to max it stretches more.Decreasing resolution also decreasing stretch.Now i have set it to minimum.It looks quite better but not good enough.I want to play on high resolution.I want to ask that if i use dvi cable instead of VGA,will it solve the problem?

my LCD is just fine.i connected my PC to it through dvi and it works great.

one thing is that i when connect Xbox through VGA to a 15 inch non widescreen LCD,it gives far more better display then widescreen one,but on low resolution.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@isbah: Why not call Microsoft's support line.I'm sure they'll help you.1-800-4MY-XBOX.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@isbah: What is the resolution of your monitor? Your pc will usually set itself to fill in the monitors resolution. Does the monitor allow just scan or pixel perfect mode?

Isbah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Isbah
Member since 2016 • 3 Posts

@juboner: i said that my monitor works fine with pc but not xbox 360! 1920x1080

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@isbah: @isbah: I meant when you hook it up to pc what does the pc display settings say the resolution is at. I have some older pc's that I have used vga on with newer monitors, the vga connection does seem to warp the aspect ratio.

Again what aspect ratio options are available to you on your monitor with 360 via vga? It probably wont have just scan or pixel perfect mode bc it is analog signal. If it does not allow just scan then 16:9 is what you want it on.

Does your 360 have HDMI? Maybe you could just get an HDMI to DVI adapter. Then you would have to run the standard AV cable that came with the 360 for audio. You will have to pop off the plastic case around the cable so it will fit next to the HDMI cable on your 360.

I think the best you can do with vga is 1280x1024 for picture quality. It still wont be true widescreen and will have black bars.